Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Its my birthday~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 18:07:35 )

*edit* it passed! just saying ty now <3

Rather than celebrating, I have
1 review paper to write that's due tomorrow morning
1 half-page paper to write about why pathology knowledge is important for massage therapists (easy)
4 ten-question exams to take until I reach 100%, then gather all 10 that I've done and send to instructor before end of day
Do another of these exams for tomorrow's class
Take photos and organize documents of ALL chapter questions I've done for the entire class and send before end of day (there's 10)
print my research report and highlight bits to summarize for next week presentation
study for 3 finals next week.
if I finish all these early enough, I have a commission to work on, which is where fun finally happens

:vanora_annoyed:

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 18:29:26 )

@q t e a p o n:
Thanks!
one amusing thing is my bf wants to try making me dinner tonight since we cant go out for it. He can cook simple things, but he hasn't even TRIED to make a full meal in probably ever? Not without my help :vanora_xd: pray for him
I'm excited, no matter how it turns out

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 18:33:11 )

@q t e a p o n:
Yes, I'm excited just to see what he does. He'll probably do well if he goes by a recipe haha

He said its a secret, which tends to mean he doesnt know either lmao

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 18:40:40 )

@q t e a p o n:
Yes its a lot of fun haha
I might look up easy meals to send him recipes for while he's at work.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:24:43 )
@Jolly: Happy birthday!!!! -throws confetti-

That's too bad that you have all that work to do, but it's nice that you get to look forward to a home-cooked meal!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:26:56 )

@q t e a p o n:
They have here too, but we both work in retail. Those are considered essential.
I get far less hours cause of my college times, so at least I don't have to go in today too :D

@aisukohi:
Yes <3 I love home cooked foods! He promised to have veggies in it too! ilovethose
Also thank you!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:29:03 )
@Jolly: You're welcome! And yay for being healthy! I had homemade pot roast earlier for lunch and it was yummy. :d

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:33:45 )

@aisukohi:
Thats my favorite *A*
especially beef pot roast. mmmmmm
sadly he can't make that, since he's at work, and we didn't have stuff for it this morning anyway. Doubt the stores do either XD
its still "apocalypse" here

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:37:13 )
@Jolly: Yeah stores are getting bare on the most random of things here too. Packaged bacon for one, which is stupid because these dummies need to stop hoarding the bacon. D:<

That reminds me, I wanted to learn how to make charsiu pork so we can put it in our homemade ramen! Will probably try to find a YouTube tutorial later lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:40:30 )

@aisukohi:
home made ramen! thats a recipe I need to learn haha another favorite of mine, moreso than roast XD
Everyone I've asked though says it takes a week to make ramen since something has to ferment or whatnot?

but I agree! its weird things, but they leave a lot of common things behind too. Like hot dogs. Why no one want hot dogs??? They're cheap and last long enough haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:45:51 )
@jolly: I'm not sure on that only because I probably take some shortcuts with mine. xD Doesn't taste quite like restaurant quality ramen, but it's still good enough! Eventually I wanna learn how to make the perfect broth.

Aw man, hot dogs get no love? I like hot dogs, but I try not to eat them too often. I feel like I don't them often enough to make buying a whole package worth it before they go bad.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:50:24 )

@aisukohi:
Yeah that's possibly why XD I think you have to boil pork bones, then do something.. and ferment the broth for so long.
But yeah, I want a good shortcut recipe cause I don't need to be perfect about it lmao

Yea I love hot dogs, there are just so many ways to dress them up and change the flavor. I make burgers out of them too since my family usually has more burger buns and never any hot dog ones lol just slice them down to fit! throw some cheese and bbq sauce and bam, delicious

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:51:13 )

AH
How did I finish most of my to do list already wtf
I never write papers this fast ;A; <3
this is how bad I wanna play video games

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:54:36 )
@jolly: Makes sense lol. Maybe eventually I'll learn how to make proper ramen, but I wanna focus on the pork first.

I'm a plain Jane when it comes to a lot of the foods I eat, so I don't do anything special to my hot dogs lol. I will say that I can't stand them boiled, so much prefer them grilled or seared.

And that's awesome!! Keep up that energy!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:14:48 )

@aisukohi:
Yes, one thing at a time!

I usually fry my hot dogs on the stove. But I also do prefer grilled if I knew how to do that. Im not really allowed to mess with the grill here though :D
one day!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:22:37 )
@jolly: lol our community grills are off-limits right now too, probably to enforce social distancing. So no home grilled foods for me for a while. -n-;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:28:39 )

@aisukohi:
Awww ;;
that reminds me, I went to Lowe's yesterday to look at seeds
and while we were in the outside garden, this overcom came on with an automated message about the virus and enforcing the 6-foot rule and washing hands, ect.
The voice, message and everything sounded SO MUCH like something from a fallout game lol Like that recorded voice that's somewhat cheery despite talking about the apocalypse, only he's just talking about the virus.

I was just like, welp. This is reality now xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:34:02 )
@jolly: lol I'd probably have the same reaction. xD Nothing you can do but go with it and try to be positive.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:37:05 )

@aisukohi:
Or every time I go out, I should wear a blue Fallout style jumpsuit lmaoo
But yes, I've been pretty good about staying positive this week. Going on more walks, now that I have time for them, has felt soooo good
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 20:41:24 )
@jolly: Riiight? xD
I thought about going for a walk today, but my stomach has been kinda wonky today, so probably should stay in. I do enjoy walks though.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.