Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This has helped my mental health this week

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 10:03:15 )

@athabm: it sounds like that will keep you busy. Does the store have what you need?
@Kitalpha Hart: I started doing that. ^^

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 13:52:35 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

@Totalanimefan: I'm hoping it doesn't lol
But well, we'll see

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 04:52:19 )

@Kitalpha Hart: Are you talking about in AC or rl?

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 05:02:55 )

@Totalanimefan: Animal Crossing

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 05:03:56 )

@Kitalpha Hart: Ok. I just wanted to make sure XD
How’s your town looking?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 06:49:38 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope so. If not, I'll just fire pieces and glaze later, but I prefer to do a single firing when I'm firing porcelain, since it saves time. It takes a full 24 hours for my big kiln to heat up and cool down, and I'm sort of an impatient person. It's a little ironic that I enjoy ceramics, but part of it is how much it forces me to be deliberate and present in the moment.

How is your AC island coming along? Any favorite villagers so far?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 08:31:18 )

@athabm: So 24 hours for one piece? That’s a lot of time!
The island is coming along well. I think that I put too many trees and flowers on my island, and I have too many stuff all in one part of the island so I have to work on getting more furniture and moving the flowers throughout my island. That’s what I’m working on tonight. I feel like I don’t have that many DIY recipes and I would like more. It’s slow getting them though.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 08:31:35 )

What about your island?

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 16:24:55 )

@Totalanimefan: still fairly rough but I'm starting to get more flowers in
I'm waiting to do the majority of the stuff for when I can terraform and such so I can really organize the place

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 19:20:30 )

@Kitalpha Hart: I can’t wait to get that too! I don’t have it yet. I also want the power to lay down paths. Not just the ones from online.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 20:36:29 )

@Totalanimefan: that'll be nice
I did remake a path I made in ACNL, I have some of that around by my airport
Along with the Trilia flag

So my nieces have been here for a handful of days, and they're gonna be here for longer as their parents rearrange their entire house so my brother can have an office space
Four people. The one bedroom about the size of our bathroom, which is tiny
Their front room-area, which does have sliding doors, is gonna become their bedroom, their current bedroom my brother's office, and I guess their mom's crafting stuff is getting moved into storage or something? Either way their house is a mess right now so we're gonna have them for more days ugh

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 23:14:47 )

@Kitalpha Hart: oh gosh that really sucks. :/ I hope you can get your space back soon.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 23:19:08 )

@Totalanimefan: I've got a lot more breakable stuff in my room right now (fairy garden stuff) so now they're kicked from my room, but they're in the house
Dad's on call so he isn't always here (his job, cuz navy contracts, can be considered essential), and mom has to work remotely

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 23:43:34 )

@Kitalpha Hart: so you are pretty much just stuck with them ^^;

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 23:49:31 )

@Totalanimefan: yup

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 00:01:17 )

@Kitalpha Hart: I improved my island today. I want to do more with it but I feel like I don’t have a lot of furniture

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 00:22:00 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah the wanting to do things but not having the ability is a pain

questShop

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 00:25:32 )

I am looking forward to:

The weekend ( this was a rough Monday )
Having a clear space to work ( decluttering )
Planning Halloween ( an all year thing )

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 06:41:49 )
@Totalanimefan: 24 hours for the whole batch, since my kiln holds a huuuuuuge number of pieces, especially if I'm making tiny stuff. It's still a long time, and then there's all the days or weeks that go into a piece even before it gets to the kiln. A lot of what you're paying for when you buy ceramic art is labor and expertise (skills & knowledge), just like with paintings.

The materials aren't cheap collectively, but when you break down the cost of everything that goes into a single piece, it's not that bad. And I'm good at finding kilns and equipment like that at incredible deals, so that helps. But the labor aspect is pretty large, even when I'm casting things from molds (which I make myself because I don't want to cast stuff that isn't wholly mine.)

I love trees and flowers, so I always try to cover my AC towns in them. I don't have a switch, and I don't plan to buy one or the new AC for a while, but I am enjoying seeing screenshots from the new game.

@Lithium: planning Halloween sounds like a fun activity, especially when it's still months away and you have time to dream big

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 23:32:38 )

@Kitalpha Hart: It is! I see things on other people's islands and I think, I want that!
@Lithium: Those are great things to look forward too. Halloween is great! ^^ I should declutter too.
@athabm: Oh I see. Thanks for teaching me more about how it works. It sounds pretty cool. I have so many. I love the look. I don't understand why people don't use flowers more in their town ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.