Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games ACNH Thread! ( Tips, Tricks, Information, and General Talk! ) (Possible Spoilers?)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:41:31 )
Some helpful information for ACNH.

- You can flip through your tools using the D pad, as you could in other games.
- You can buy the tool ring using Nook Miles, which lets you choose what one you want by pressing up on the D pad.
- You can dig up entire trees (with their fruit on them and everything) to replant on your island by eating a piece of fruit and using a shovel.
- Be careful! You can also break things in one hit if you eat fruit.
- The (regular) items in the nook machine (not the ones that cost Nook Miles) in the resident plaza/tent change daily, so be sure to check them every day!
- Use Bait on the Pier to try for a chance at catching a Tuna or Sailfish ( You can make bait by digging up clams in the beach sand. If you see a little shadow that spits water, that's a clam!)

- You can make more designs once you buy the "pro" design tool with Nook Miles.
- You can also buy more hairstyles and colors with Nook Miles.
- You can find DIY recipes in bottles that wash up on the beach, sometimes animals give them to you, you can buy them, and sometimes if you fish out garbage, you can learn one.

- The clothing store changes what it has every day. If you time travel, the clothes will NOT be the same on the day you go to, if you've gone to that day before. The Nook shop doesn't change, though.
- Balloons change direction after 6pm. If they're coming from the left side in the day, they'll come from the right side at night. They also appear every 5 minutes, or so I've noticed.

If you have any tips to add, please @ me and I'll add them.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:49:10 )

I called my island Voltra because I couldn’t come up with anything else. Lol

Get what you can everyday. That means getting a lot of wood and stuff from stones. Try your best to fill out the museum because it’s beautiful.
But most of all take your time and enjoy the game.

@Seionshi: thanks for making this thread.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 08:49:19 )
I used my name, Shamus and my island is called Titsburg, the same as my town in ACNL. I've written "Tom Nook is a wanker" on the bulletin board and my girlfriend told me to stop being such a child.

I bought the "hi" shirt in hanzi: 嗨

My character is so cute. I don't remember what my starting animals names were or the one that I have convinced to move in.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 11:17:09 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

Keep in mind that Amazon pushed my release day delivery back a week (but hey now shipping's free and that $12 extra charge is gone, so I guess win?), so this is all when I get it
If I remember imma update this when I finally get it

Character Name: Kitalpha
Island Name: Trilia
Starting Fruit: peaches
Starting Animals: Hazel, Jitters
Where is your house/tent? Between the river split. If I can move it, it's going to the bitty island that part of the river makes

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 17:31:38 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

I WILL JOIN IN THIS THREAD! I bought my game early yesterday bc I was too impatient to wait a week for amazon to ship it... Though bc of life I only played a half hour of it at 11pm xD

BUT HERE WE GO!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE WHAT I END UP DOING WITH MY ISLAND AND WHAT FUTURE VILLAGERS MIGHT MOVE IN!!!

Character Name: Tay
Island Name: Rose Bush
Starting Fruit: Pears
Starting Animals: Pierce and Diva
Where is your house/tent? I love the little location I found, it is in the way bottom left corner in a spot that has beach on the front and left side and grass and trees on the back and right side <3 IT IS PERFECT!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — nightmaren Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 17:55:47 )
Character: Omelette
Island: Tenuto
Starting Fruit: Cherries
Starting Animals: Sheldon and Shari
House: my house is currently next to a river and the beach....I didn't realize I totally locked myself to a small section of the map...I plan on relocating (whenever that opens up) to the other side of the river. Probably in the same kind of spot I just want to be on the OTHER side

I'm not too far but I can give some advice

Tips from me to you (mostly assuming you haven't played or have only played a little)

• Realize you will be locked out of part of your map until you get the pole vault recipe from Blathers (he also gives you the shovel recipe) so pick your maps carefully
  • After you give Nook about 5? or so bugs and/or fish, Blathers will call and you can set up his tent (he should be there when the next day rolls over)
  • After 15 donations he WILL close up for 2 days to construct the museum so get ready to store anything you need to show him either outside or in your storage once you get your house
  • eating fruit will allow you to pick up entire trees, I assume cut them down as well, and break rocks....so DO be careful if you want resources....don't be like me and break rocks you might need in the future (please i need iron ;A; )
  • I'd say one of the first things you should get with Miles is more pocket space (i forget if this opens up after exchanging a certain amount or for certain items)
  • Check the beach for bottles, they'll give you DIY recipes (the first seems to be a mirror or vanity that lets you change your looks)
  • Balloons have more than just furniture! I've found iron nuggets and clothing as well!
art gallery/avi closet

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 22:45:54 )
Character Name: Portia
Island Name: Dragonfly
Starting Fruit: Pears
Starting Animals: Roald and Shari
Where is your house/tent?: Just to the right of the town center thingy lol. I may move it after I've got my pole vault.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 07:00:43 )

I learned today to use Bait on the Pier to try for a chance at catching a Tuna or Sailfish.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 20:39:30 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

Question!!! Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making patterns and designs? I have played Animal Crossing for years but I have never been good at this and the limited color palette drives me insane... So how about y'all? Suggestions? I really want to dive into this part of the game to make outfits and tiles

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 20:50:22 )

@kaichoukai: I'm horrible at it XD. I think with nook miles you can buy the 'pro' version and that might unlock more colors?

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 21:28:00 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Totalanimefan: I will look! Just got out of the shower so it is chill time for the rest of the evening xD
Chill with my favorite friends, my fishing rod and bug net lmao

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 22:54:55 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Totalanimefan: You were right Total! It takes 800 Nook Miles and exchanging them and then you get the pro version <3
NOW THERE ARE TONS OF COLOR OPTIONS! YAY!!!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 23:24:33 )

@kaichoukai: Yay that's good. I wasn't sure if that was the answer but I figured it couldn't hurt XD

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/23 23:52:59 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

Woohoo updated my first post
Can't wait for tomorrow

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 04:24:08 )

@Totalanimefan:
@Kitalpha Hart:
@kaichoukai:
@Aisukohi:
@Gatorlec:
@moomin:

I updated my first post to just include tips/information! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 07:23:45 )

Thanks!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 19:40:19 )
@seionshi: Nice! I knew all of that except I've yet to try the bait on the pier thing. That one was helpful!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/26 02:10:32 )
Oh, I forgot to mention that I started with cherries. I have oranges, pears and coconuts planted now too. My animals names I started with are Flo and Teddy. I've talked Dizzy, Merengue and Bianca into moving in.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/26 20:50:20 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Gatorlec: OMG I need cherries... Do you need peaches? After my trees finish growing and bare fruit... we could trade fruit...

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/26 22:15:06 )
@kaichoukai: Yes! I need all the fruit except coconuts, pears, cherries and oranges. We should! You want me to pm you my friend code?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.