Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat idk why this always gives me anxiety

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 19:51:20 )

.. but every time I have to go get my car inspected (the yearly required one) I get nervous af. I mean, sure, the possibility of not passing and having to shell out for repairs is spooky, but I don't think that's the issue. I get some kind of imposter syndrome or something when I go here, maybe because I wasn't raised to know anything about cars and yet always get shit about it from my family? Like if anything ends up being wrong it's my fault and that's terrible. idk

anyway I'm at the place now so pray for me lol and if y'all have experience with strange sources of anxiety feel free to share.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 19:54:38 )

Sounds normal to me. It’s a big deal if something is wrong. If you are driving it like normal it will probably be ok though.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 20:04:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, but it's not the possibility of something being wrong that gives me the anxiety, it's literally just going into the place at all. I feel like I'm being judged just for showing my face there. Hard to explain since I don't really know why I feel that way. :s

On the bright side, I passed and they didn't say anything about needing repairs (though I'm sure I could stand to get some done, since I've been hit a few times since my last inspection.. but as long as it passes and gets me where I need to go, that can wait). Now I just have to pay the registration fees and whatnot.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 20:55:13 )

IDK if this helps but I guarantee you there are people that know less about cars than you that still need to get their cars inspected. We all have things we're good at. Though if it helped you feel more at ease, maybe you could look up some basics online?

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 21:40:54 )

@Count Trashula: oh I see. They see a lot of people so they probably don’t event think about it. I’m glad your car passed.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 23:38:04 )
i get the same thing, and i know a lot about cars and work on my own!
i think it stems back to my first car, which never passed first try. i worked a crappy job at the time and could barely afford the parts the car needed. i would have to do strange little patchwork fix-jobs to it until it passed.

and then the first time i had to get my new car inspected, the thing failed! except it ended up not being a problem with my car - it was the dealership's machine. i took it to a different dealership and it passed just fine.

but still every year i go back, knowing absolutely nothing is wrong with my car and that it is very well taken care of and loved, yet still dreading the person coming back and telling me it failed.

hello again

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.