Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Cleaned out the game closet--

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 18:55:24 )

I decided I should do so, and sell what I don't see myself playing anymore. I used gamestop's website to calculate how much it'd all be worth, and I counted about $100
But I keep in mind not everything will be accepted, since some of it is for older consoles (360 and DS). So I go into the store with an open mind, let's see what I get!

-thumbs down the long ass scroll of receipt-

I got double

I'm so happy about this, I can afford to buy this game I want, AND save the rest for future times when more animal crossing switch consoles come out, and I can totally get one much cheaper this way <33
This is the most exciting thing that's happened this year that I had to share :vanora_xd:

It pays to clean up, guys!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:07:54 )

Wow that’s awesome! So you gonna get Rune Factory 4 Special now! Lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:13:19 )

@totalanimefan:
Haha I'm thinking about actually getting a sub to the switch (if I can through gamestop) to play animal crossing with others! Then saving the rest for that pretty AC switch when more come out <3

although I do love some rune factory in the past~

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:28:13 )

@Jolly: yeah I know you are super looking forward to AC ^^ it will be out soon!
I wish that we knew more about what was coming out this year. We need a direct!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:36:54 )

@totalanimefan:
I couldn't be more excited <3
bf is getting it for my birthday ;v; He said he was going to get the console too, but they ran out cause of that production halt.

I agree! We do have some that are announced already for 2020, but I'm sure a lot of them seem to be sequels or continuations of previous games.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:40:40 )

@Jolly: that’s cute.

Yeah. I wonder if the coronavirus has anything to do with there not being a direct yet this year. That’s really unusual for Nintendo.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:01:21 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Isn't the AC Switch limited edition?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:10:39 )

@totalanimefan:
Probably a good idea to delay something like that. Its the same reason they stopped producing the special switches. I'm not sure if it was a total halt or just slowed a lot, but either way, I'd rather people stay healthy.

@kitalpha hart:
I think so, but they had to slow/halt the production of them due to the virus, so I can assume they'll make more later. If not, that's a bit of bologna since they initially planned to make more than they did xD Nintendo isn't known for making the best choices so I hope that that isn't the case!
I'll just see what happens

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:13:02 )
huh, gamestop didnt do you dirty? thats surprising
everyone ive ever spoken to is dissatisfied with gamestop's trade-in values. theres a lot of shifty stuff going on when you get less than 50% back for returning a brand new game you played once for less than an hour

although i guess it works to cleanup and get rid of old games you dont want anymore

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:22:39 )

@boyrrito:
As someone who used to work for the company... I can't really agree to many of the complaints I hear. A lot of it is where employees fail to make the trading/returning terms very clear up front, to that I can nod. But at the same time, when they try, no one listens anyways. So either way, no one understands the concept of business.
When you return a brand new game that you have played, no matter how long the gameplay is, you can't typically get a full refund because it is now a pre-owned game. Its illegal for them to sell it as new, so they have to take it in as trade value. It sucks but otherwise, the store would face a LOT of scams to return and repurchase new games for a lower price (which also takes money away from game companies), a loss of profit all around and on and so forth xD

sorry not meaning to rant, I mean well lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 22:15:50 )

@Jolly: I agree. I worried for people’s health.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 23:13:15 )

@totalanimefan:
Yes, far more important than a video game for sure <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 00:39:53 )

@Jolly: but what games might you want to get?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 03:21:13 )

I commend you for being able to let go, lol. I've become a collector since I can't stand the thought of selling something I don't have an extra of.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 04:02:41 )
@Jolly:
youre fine lol
my sister works for gamestop and she told me that people try to scam them all the time anyway, but they have systems in place to prevent it, such as requiring fingerprint scanning and i believe they have to sign a liability or some kind of waiver for certain trade-ins

she's told me a lot about the problems with the system and how technically there are ways that customers can scam gamestop and there's nothing an employee can do to stop it. it's kind of funny, i mean people will do whatever they can to get back at gamestop, probably because they feel cheated or angry from some of its policies

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 05:42:49 )

@koneko:
If you can find a local vintage game store, they usually buy old games from you if they're in decent condition. There's one about 30 minutes away that I need to take my leftover 360 games to xd

@totalanimefan:
I think I'll be happy with pokemon mystery dungeon and animal crossing for a while! I'll probably get FFVII in a few months, but I don't have a lot of free time so it'd be pointless while I'm playing the other games c:

@priestess of pie:
Its taken a while, for sure. I've hung onto these games for many years mostly lmao
some of them I had already beaten anyways. I learn to stop myself and think "if I sell this, will I honestly ever think of it again?"
Usually a nope haha

My family has also turned me into a hoarder-phobe when it comes to my own space lol

@boyrrito:
Yeah, your sister's entirely right. Although the one I worked at didn't have anything with finger print scanning or signing liabilities that I can recall, but this was also about 4-5 years ago..

... holy crap its been that long
omg
I'm old yo ;A;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:01:50 )

@koneko:
Could be worth a peek! They'll probably have similar trade values as gamestop. But sometiems they can give more too, especially when it comes down to quality of the product and collectibles
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:16:09 )

@Jolly: those are good games you are going to have fun with!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.