Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat The air quality in my life is garbage

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:40:16 )

Between the amount of smog in California (and smoke from a fire), no rain in the past month, and the amount of dust in my house from my bathroom renovation, I can’t seem to get away from bad air quality. It’s bothering my throat, nose, and lungs. It’s been like this for days and I don’t know when it’s going to get better.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:40:39 )

A grew up in a small seaside town. I can’t take this shitty air quality.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:42:10 )

Also I can’t just buy a mask like I normally do when the air quality is bad for me. They are sold out.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 01:37:05 )
would a small air purifier in a closed-off room help? i'd probably also run a humidifier if the air is very dry. at least make one room a little sanctuary in your life

hello again

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:08:04 )

@kegs: thank you for the idea I think I’m gonna do that tonight I have to.
@koneko: gosh that sounds wonderful. People don’t even realize the amount of pollution cars give off.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:23:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Scarves might work as makeshift masks? Not ones that are knitted or the like, but cloth ones
I have a couple long ones I've used at work when it's cold out to cover the lower half of my face. Takes adjusting for me because glasses and cold's a bit different, but it's worth a try, at least?

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:41:33 )

ugh I feel you, though your situation sounds worse than mine. I'm really sensitive to shit in the air; every time I go to work, my nose starts running from all the dust, chemicals, and who knows what else floating around. Same when I'm home and my grandma starts lighting all her scented candles and spraying her sprays and using her cleaning chemicals on everything. Add to that the fact that I grew up surrounded by smokers and live in the city... This is why I can't leave the house without tissues. I can't wait to move.

I definitely second the suggestion of having an air purifier and humidifier. The air in this house is so dry and awful sometimes I get coughing fits if I don't run a humidifier from time to time. I got a little cheap one that sits on your desk; you just attach a normal bottled water to it and it will use that.

Scarves and bandannas help a little, too; I had to wear one when I was staying at my dad's for a while. It did make a difference.

For masks, can you find some online? Might take longer, but the other suggestions can at least help in the meantime.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:17:58 )

@KDA Drew: sounds good except I’m also not good with the cold.
@koneko: I agree with that for sure.
@Kitalpha Hart: I’ve been using a shirt but that sounds like a better idea.
@Count Trashula: I feel you. I hate those cheap candle with their fake scents and font even get me started about going down the laundry detergent aisle. Masks are sold out online too :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 03:42:59 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Totalanimefan: better control too, I think

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.