Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:06:23 )
Anybody else get the thought that the main reason people talk to you is for the volts? The conversation being a means to an end.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:07:00 )
Like this here could be more for volts than for an actual discussion. How would you know?

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:25:52 )

I think a lot of people start off that way on avatar sites.
But then you really get to know the people that also post a lot with you,
and then you see them on a nearly daily basis, know them by their handles, learn their birthdays,
their interests, what's going on in their lives. And even if you still only post for the loots,
you're part of a community of people that you know, that know you too.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:27:01 )

For me it's both. I talk to people for volts and because I like talking to them.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:28:02 )

I actually made a few good friends from avatar sites that I still talk to, years later,
on different platforms. I think you'll always meet people that mostly post for the fun of posting and
the Volts, and out of it you might make a few friends that become more than people you spam forums with.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:29:56 )
Fair nuff. Thanks y'all. Just been a thought I've had for a good minute so was highly curious on others' takes.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:33:33 )

I think about it often enough, too.
Like, sometimes I get really antsy when I want to post, but no one else is really active at the moment?
And then I try to decide if it's because I'm really in that much of a hurry to get Volts. But that doesn't make sense.
And then I realize I've been on vacation for days, with little to no outside communication, and I'm really
just desperate for some conversation, even if it's short and no more than "hi how are you?"

I dip out of conversations sometimes because I don't know what else to say,
but it's nice to know that there are people out there, wherever they are, that take the time to say hello to you.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:43:08 )
Hm that's a good way to see it. Knowing there are just people out there to talk to whenever (mostly) is a blessing and ought not be taken for granted.

And I totally feel you on that, "Am I posting because I really volts, or what?" Partially what spurred me on to actually post this question in stead of just keeping it in my head.

Thank you for taking the time to delve into this here and now - means a lot.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:45:55 )

If I want volts then I go do my spamming in the undercurrent. Outside of that, if I respond to a topic then it's because I wanted to respond to said topic. The only time I feel like I'm forcing myself to post is during events sometimes since you don't earn event currency in the undercurrent, and like in the last event I wanted to help with reaching milestones in the one thread to unlock poses for the Solstice Spirit.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:54:25 )
Ye, motivations and intents are such tricky things that can change and flip-flop on a whim; a drop of a hat, if you will. Very confusing.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:11:29 )

If I was going it for the volts I would have stopped long ago lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:38:08 )
Actions speak louder than words! I wonder this a lot too.
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:28:14 )
Indeed they do. Indeed they do.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:29:39 )
@TomYum: TomYum’s a funny name. Who is Tom and why are they so yummy? XD

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:57:11 )

honestly I don't get much volts from conversing with people on here. And if a conversation is boring me or I just don't have anything worthwhile to add, I'm not gonna waste my time and energy dragging it out. I'm gonna skedaddle. If I really want volts, catch me in the Exchange. The only exception is intentionally spammy threads like "how many ___ do you have right now" when I need a small amount very quickly.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.