Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Favorite Webcomics! List up to 3!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 19:35:00 )

What are your favorite webcomics? Things that aren't published or commercially "big" right now but you might find them on places like smackjeeves, tapas or webtoonz. Or even just on the artist's personal website!

City of Blank
In this comic, everyone has to live with masks to protect their faces from the Blanks; feature-less creatures that steal human identities.

A Mirror's Tale
This is some like, probably boy love, modern type of adventure that is absolutely charming <3 I'm in love with the style here and how well the characters have been crafted.

Strays
This is an old gem I started to read when I was in middle school, forever ago. I was pretty excited when I saw it pop up on Tapas. Also, its complete! The ending felt slightly rushed, but I was satisfied either way <3

There are others that I love to death, but I can't find them anymore. If I do I'll add them in a separate post of 3's!

Anyways, list only up to 3 of your favorites! That way I'm not too overloaded and can actually find time to read them ;D
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 20:28:12 )
Oh man, City of Blanks is good, I lost my open tab for it a while back so I'm glad you reminded me of it XD

My top three hmm...

Currently enjoying reading Magical Boy on Tapas, it's about a transboy trying to get through life and still having to save the world, I like the way they don't just ignore issues (and also give warnings at the top of certain episodes that may induce dysphoria). Not completed yet but going well, I think it's near the end soon maybe?

I also enjoy The Glass Scientists. A retelling of Jekyll and Hyde, it's a fun series, I enjoy it. Sorry if this is a popular one, I don't really have an idea of how popular certain webcomics are because I'm so cut off from the webcomic community XD

A third comic I enjoy is Harpy Gee! Man descriptions are hard.... Elf moves into town, I guess, and adventure ensues (title also sounds like RPG when you say it out loud so maybe that's a clue)

Sorry if any of these are popular, I can never tell.

Almost added a fourth but I'll be good
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 20:53:57 )
Let's see.... my top three would be:

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
Waifu introduced me to this one since Ganondorf is in it and I live for anything where Ganondorf is just trying to live a normal life. There are a bunch of other video game characters in the comics, so I really enjoyed it. It's pretty much "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (MGDMT) is a comic about a temp agency to help "ludicrously macho guys" find work in the real world when they no longer have work as popular fiction characters." Shenanigans ensue.

A Tale of Two Rulers
This one, the creator of MGDMT was sick and she had guest creators make their own mini comics while she recovered. I'm not much for the Zelda/Ganondorf pairing, but the art for this comic is freaking gorgeous! I'm still hoping I can buy a physical copy or just an art piece from her at some point.

Lore Olympus
One of the few times Facebook ads actually sent me something relevant. Art looked interesting, so I checked it out. It's like a modernized retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone. Once I started reading it, I got hooked!
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 21:07:01 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

I will update this later with others but one of my favorites is purpurea noxa, it is about gay vampires, werewolves, and other creatures of the sorts. I will put out that if you plan to look into it, it is heavy NSFW at times. Very good art.
Another one that I really need to catch up with is QuickSilver. The art style, the page formatting, the storyline, the drama, the twists and turns -french chef kiss-.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 21:12:38 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I know you say three but I read a few more than that
Sister Claire. It's big. It's convoluted. No one is 100% hetero. If you don't read the MiMos you miss out on stuff which doesn't help with its bulk
Daughter of the Lilies. Pure bean of a girl joins a mercenary team while trying to hide who she is and her past
Headless Bliss. A demon princess, a story, and a cannibal go on an adventure to worlds made by other people, all used with permission. Shenanigans ensue
Devil's Candy. An imp makes a girl via the power of science. She learns about the world, and is strong. Very quiet, though, but she's a quick learner
Awkward Zombie. Comics that are commentary about various games. Sometimes a Smash Brothers one pops up with a miniseries of comics
Slightly Damned. Rhea is murdered, and learns she isn't good enough for heaven, or even purgatory, but not bad enough for hell. So, she goes to the Ring of the Slightly Damned and meets her demon boss-person. Friendship ensues, they eventually escape, and the world of Medius is in danger. Angels and demons at war, etc.
Awaken. Rich boy is a shonen protagonist, forced to find out that his life is not how everyone lives. Also, magic, called flux, is a thing. And monsters, called aberrations, like flux. Oh, and you aren't fluxing when you're using it, you're rippling. Protagonist is dense on this fact

On hiatus:
Blindsprings. Princess and priestess of a destroyed era lives in isolation for 300 years at the age of 12. Forced out by an Academist mage, she gains friends and causes a rumbling of Orphics tired of the Academists oppressing them to start boiling over. This author is not having good times, hasn't in a few years
The Lonely Vincent Bellingham. Rich dude looking for someone his teacher knew. May be hiding something, and is currently being held hostage. Or was. Now he's getting a rental contract, but has to stay within the house. Bullies have basically ground this to a halt
Amya Chronicles. Mute girl from a noble family may be a reincarnation of someone. A goddess? She's kidnapped and a whole lotta stuff happens. Massive bookworm, learns more magic as time goes on. More or less on hiatus because the author is frail and keeps getting blows to her health

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 06:08:53 )
ProjectAviaen

it's in hiatus but when it takes off...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 16:13:51 )

Lore Olympus is my all time favorite Webcomic. The art style is really good and I’m in love with the characters.

bloop

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 23:14:45 )
Emmaus Road, God of Highschool, and The Sound of Your Heart. A trinity of sorts.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 14:42:25 )

@mdom: MDOM I JUST SAW THIS ASFKJG 😭 omfg

gonna check the recs in this thread b:
    i haven't read any lately honestly
    the last major one was noblesse ahahaha

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 10:54:31 )
დ დ დ დ დ

I read all my webtoons on the webtoon app and my 3 favorite that aren't commercially big on their site (aka updates every week) are:
Muted-VERY CUTE OMG I LOVE THEM BOTH
1 HP club-very funny following their dnd campaign. u wu
Selina ~Moon Bride~-It's on hiatus right nwo but it is also another one that is cute/the characters and world building are great imo. u wu

დ დ დ დ დ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.