Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Imagine being angry about vegetables.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 01:58:23 )

Bad enough to see an adult throw a tantrum over having to eat their veggies, even worse when it's someone else's veggies they're mad about and they're not even the ones who are gonna eat em.
And yet people say vegans are pushy and loud about their diets. IRL experience has shown me a lot more of that "need to bring it up and remind you that you're eating wrong" attitude from meat eaters than I've ever gotten from vegans. I know the pushy vegans are out there, I've seen them too, but I've seen and experienced a lot more of that bs coming from the other end of the cow.
A company produces a single vegan option, not replacing any of the existing lineup, and people start boycotting and foaming at the mouth. Somebody orders said option and workers think it's ok to purposefully give them the wrong thing. Lots of general hate and trash talk floating around wherever you see the dreaded v word. And so on.
At least vegans have the excuse of having ethical concerns about people's diets.
It's just childishness and I needed to complain about it, y'all.

thoughts and experiences welcome.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:01:22 )

All I can say is that insecure people like to project unto others.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:04:59 )

That’s utterly ridiculous. And if an establishment is opening not respecting a customer’s order, management and possibly ownership needs to be involved. That’s not okay at all.

Also vegan food can be delicious! Maybe they should try it once. I’d say I eat 50/50 meat and vegetables and whatnot and I’ve had some delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes! Cuisine really belongs on a spectrum

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:21:18 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Yeah I have a cousin who is vegetarian and she doesn't make it a whole shebang. She's also a quiet person in general
Whenever mom knows she's gonna be at a potluck, she omits the meat of her taco salad cuz said cousin likes it, and it's not something that needs a lot of change

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 04:44:47 )

@Totalanimefan: That they do, and they are everywhere.

@Bonnie: Aye, people keep taking it to court or the news, yet I keep seeing new articles about it in my feed. Mistakes are one thing, but I've heard way too many stories about an employee doing it intentionally, and then people will be really dismissive about it and paint the customer as the troublemaker in the scenario for escalating after the fact. Except that tampering with people's food is a huge deal. Regardless of your opinions, not only is it your job to serve the food people order and keep those opinions to yourself, but there are people who have food allergies and can be seriously hurt if you pull shit like that. smfh

and honestly some people are really weird about it. It's good for you to eat veggies now and again but I've met a few who won't touch anything that doesn't have at least one meat or dairy product in it. You... you can eat vegetables. The vegan fairy isn't gonna come and turn you into a rabbit if your McSalad doesn't contain any chicken.

@Kitalpha Hart: That's nice tbh. I don't even tell my family what I do/don't eat any more 'cause they'll make a big deal about it, then proceed to act confused about why I didn't eat something I just got done telling them I don't/can't eat. =w=

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 04:48:20 )

@Count Trashula: that’s just sickening. That’s another point I thought of to. A lot of people have gone vegan for the good of their health and you are playing with people’s lives. That’s not cool at all. It’s not that serious.

You’re also playing with your money. I wouldn’t dare give some one a tip for deliberately giving me hell and refusing to serve me the food I ordered. And I tip at the least 20% no matter what kind of service I get.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 04:52:22 )

@Bonnie: Yeah, the only tip somebody who messed with my food is getting is "get ready fool" cause i ain't letting that slide.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 04:54:00 )

@Count Trashula: me either. It’s not conducive to good behavior. I am such a tempered individual to service people but there have been a few times I’ve had to just come at them. And I don’t feel bad until after I get my food.

bloop

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 02:27:34 )
My girlfriend's parents don't believe that anything that isn't meat is "real food". When I visited last year according to her they didn't want to eat a dinner I was offering to cook (it was steamed veggies with beefless tips and some asian sauces) for everyone because they thought it wasn't actual food. Following my visit her mom insulted my weight issues and used it as an excuse to bitch about me actually eating my veggies.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:42:42 )

@grost: jeez, I am sorry you have to deal with that. I really just don't get people who act that way, though sometimes I get the vibe that people who do/say those kind of things are defensive because they know the impact their choices have but don't want to make a change.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 19:27:39 )

Frankly celery makes me angry, but that's a different issue. It's none of my business what other people eat. They paid for it and/or prepared it. They're individuals who can make their own life choices. As omnivores we have that option.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.