Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What are some of the hardest things you’ve ever overcome?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 00:05:13 )

If you feel comfortable enough please share your stories here.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 00:07:46 )

I quick list would be:

My parents divorce
Past partners cheating on me
First love heartbreak
Phobia of throw up
-In Progress- Phobia of needles
Moving to a different country alone
Losing my grandparents
Student Debt

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 00:15:05 )
In no particular order:
Overcoming my own mind
Fighting my family for custody of my son
Being a small town southern gay
Drug and alcohol addiction
Agoraphobia
And a lot of loss of loved ones by death and by departure....the worst is the one's I've lost by deed.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 00:25:24 )

My mental health problems. I don't really want to go into too much detail on a public forum, but I've basically suffered my entire life and now I'm on the right medication. I wouldn't say I've overcome it, obviously it will never go away, but I am making meaningful attempts to feel better. I am on the right track, at least

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:29:25 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Cancer
Six and a half years cancer free and counting
Other than that, I haven't had anything too hard

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:33:14 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

I think it would be the mental and emotional trauma from my childhood. Also having to tell my parents I can't be the perfect student they want me to be...

When I entered college I had to pound it into my parents head that I wasn't going to be able to be an A/B student and I couldn't balance all their expectations...

Lastly my recent break up... six years... I've been single for a month and it is still hard and something I think about constantly...

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 04:11:04 )
@KDA Drew: I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Breakups can be extremely difficult especially first ones. They never really get any better as time goes on though. Glad you're doing well.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 06:04:54 )
It saddens me to see so much talk of mental illness and trauma that's been afflicted. However, the fact it is being discussed openly at all is a big step forward. I can remember a time where you wouldn't hear anyone mention trauma or mental health. Sadly the stigma still exists but threads like this give me hope. If we can all open up and just say hey, I know what you mean, I've suffered with depression or anxiety or whatever, whenever it is talked about we reduce the stigma. My heart goes out to you all. Your strength and courage is beautiful.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.