Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you cope with your fears/phobias?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:45:04 )

@totalanimefan:
Oh! Thats good! Do you know if theres a reason behind the needle phobia? Or has it always been?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:51:42 )

@Jolly: Yes. I've worked with a therapist on this for a while. When I was younger I had a bad experience with a nurse and when I told adults in my life they invalided my feelings in the issue.
It's a pretty bad phobia.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:55:25 )

@totalanimefan:
That seems to be what adults do, man. People stink haha
I'm glad you're finding yourself improving with it though <3 I think a really big thing (for me) is to not rush or put pressure on things like this.
I do wish I could afford therapy right now for my anxiety, but I've got to graduate first and get a better paying job ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 03:00:07 )

@Jolly: Thank you for the advice. it's hard because you can't really do exposure therapy with needles. It's a medical thing.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 17:26:32 )

@totalanimefan:
I see, I can only imagine! Well I wish the best of luck to you in getting through the fears.
Its a bit crazy, my driving phobia was so intense (still is sometimes) but I never thought I could ever overcome it, even a little bit. But I've achieved my impossible so it makes me feel like anyone can do it too--but I have to be careful with that perspective cause it can be taken insensitive too xD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 18:26:18 )

@Jolly: I overcame a bad throw up phobia and I have made good progress on needles. I can touch one (like a blank one my therapist got me), I can put it to my skin. When I was at the drs I gave my arm up for them to see which arm they would use (a huge step for me), I even said ok to a shot, but in the end I was too freaked out and couldn’t stand still, so I didn’t get it.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 18:52:29 )

@totalanimefan:
Still, there's progress to be proud of! And at least you're trying even if its terrifying to go through. <3
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 23:10:09 )

@Jolly: thank you <e sometimes it’s easy to just think that you failed instead of the progress you made.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 06:50:56 )
Since you mentioned dnd, i thought you may appreciate this anecdote.

My friend's dnd character is really dumb and relies on scripture for thoughts/comments. One of her favorites is "the death of fear is in doing what you fear", which incidentally I think os pretty similar to 2nd post.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.