Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Am I doing anything right?

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 04:03:17 )
★⌒☆⌒⌒☆⌒★

Currently, I have zero motivation when I am at home. I just zone out and then suddenly it has been twelve hours and it is time for bed. There is so much paperwork to do and I am looking back at all of my incomplete deadlines.

This has gotten to the point where I am having a discussion with my supervisor tomorrow that I am super anxious and worried about. I have talked to SOOOO many people about my meeting tomorrow and they mention that I need to go in, be honest, take the constructive criticism, and then work to do so much better than I am right now.

My initial fear when this meeting was scheduled is that I was going to get told that I will not be re-hired for the 2020-21 school year in the district. The meeting is more about looking at the struggles I have had in the areas of legally binding deadlines, my performance during my two informal observations and my most recent formal one, and what I can plan to do going forward to make it so that they CAN be confident in keeping me.

It is sad to see that I, someone who was always on top of her work, never missed a deadline, was a major overachiever and busy bee, have come to the point where my higher-ups are sitting me down to plead that I work harder because they don't want to lose me. The secondary reason is that they have invested so much time and money in me as a teacher.

I have three outstanding deadlines and two other documents I need to update and turn in. My mind is spinning. My anxiety is otherworldly. What do I do to get myself back on track? How can I crawl out of this slump that is most likely caused because of burn out? I am a full-time teacher, I have to balance it. I cannot put the breaks on my job because I have to go in my 5 days, 40 hours a week.

Sorry for the long rant. I am spiraling. I might have to step away from here for a week or so until I am caught up on my work.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 06:37:57 )

I don't know how to help I'm sorry. I just hope that it gets better for you.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 06:48:46 )
★⌒☆⌒⌒☆⌒★

Tbh, I'm okay with no help, bc I have a lot of that through my coworkers. I'm just... I guess looking for well wishes more or less... just knowing it is going to be all I think about all work day tomorrow...

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 07:34:36 )

@kaichoukai: I can do that. I'm here to wish you well.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 10:43:21 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Is it just me or does this sound like a case of major burnout?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 14:38:01 )

I'm sorry your going through a rough time. T^T It may help to break things out into steps because it's a lot easier to tackle 1 task than a mountain. Set reminders on your phone to A. break you out of unintended zone outs and B. to take actual breaks. You do indeed sound burnt out, but I know that time keeps moving even if we do not. Get your work done as quick as you can and then get some actual rest for yourself. A planned rest. Not just a disassociation break.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 15:13:27 )

I can totaly see this being a burn out. Burnout Symptoms and Treatment

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 16:52:15 )
I can relate to sitting and zoning out when I'm supposed to be getting work done. Procrastination is probably my greatest weakness.
I found that it really helps to make a list of my things to do, and then prioritize them. I keep the list in plain sight, usually attached
to whatever I'm going to need to use the most that day. For example, I put sticky notes right on the edge of my monitor.
Whatever has the closest deadline, do it first. It will help ease anxiety to get the important stuff finished first.
If multiple tasks have the same deadline, do whichever is easiest first. Getting one task accomplished will help you get on a roll
to knock out bigger items on your list. Cross them out as you go so that you can see your progress, and watch your list diminish.

If you're having trouble even getting the motivation to begin what's on your list, start with something small.
Get out of bed and brush your teeth or wash your face. Grab a garbage bag and just pick up any trash on your workspace
or laying around that you haven't gotten to, and chuck it in the bag. You don't even have to take the trash out, just put
it all together in one place so that when you feel like it, it's already prepared. Organize and tidy your workspace, lay out
whatever paperwork is on your list to do and have it ready for when you do feel like working on it.
Taking small steps to get up and do something, anything, will help you build motivation to keep being productive.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.