Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Where are my furries at?

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 20:53:11 )
★⌒☆⌒⌒☆⌒★

I was unsure of where to post this but I am wanting to see who here is in the furry community <3
I have been involved, or more actively involved, since 2013. I have a partial fursuit and now an adopt buying addiction. Commissioning and giving big tips to the many many many lovely artists in the community.

Here is my toyhouse~

Please tell me about your experiences in the community, how long you have been here, show off your characters and fursonas, and anything else! Let's get this furry ball rolling

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 22:22:54 )
I used to hang around the furre community and had a fursona, but I didn't really ever consider myself a furre. Just a dabbler and an art peddler. I started out on Furcadia but, that place is very devoid of people to actually talk to these days.
I do miss my spider-gal, though...
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 04:49:29 )

Why hello there my fellow furry!

Joining the furry community has actually been the best thing I could've ever done to be honest. Ever since joining my area's local group, I've made leaps and bounds towards helping my social anxiety.

I do have a fursona named Movie, who is an orange tabby cat with flaming red hair and cute little devil horns. She also has big pink heart on her chest. Though I've been using my D&D character Uni a bit more than Movie. Uni is a Tabaxi which are cat people.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 04:52:17 )

@Bioshock: Furry conventions are an absolute blast to go to. Though I've only been to the same one twice. I do go to a lot of suiting events outside of that though. I don't have a suit of my own, but maybe some day I'll have a partial. Florida is just too hot for a full suit.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 15:18:01 )

@Bioshock: The only one I've been to is Megaplex and I would totally recommend going to that convention. The panels are a lot of fun, and seeing all the suiters is magic.

My friend forgot her fan last year at a convention called FreeCon that's in our local area. She was in full suit too. After she'd been suiting for some time, she started to get heat sickness. We had to rush her to the operations room at the convention. To get her out of her suit as quickly as we could. Once we'd finished that task she basically passed out cold for about an hour or two. The whole time I babysat her so no one would fuck with her. She scared the crap out of all of us.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:06:03 )

@Bioshock: She was. We're making sure she doesn't pull that again this year.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:31:02 )
I used to kind of be one?? I was friends with some furries and drew furry art for them in exchange for games on steam. I also used to have a rabbit fursona thing but I won't go into detail about it since I would really like to distance myself from that whole mess (not the furry community, just the shit surrounding that rabbit character)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 01:07:16 )

@Bioshock: We've been teasing about it all year long, so she shouldn't do it again. We're making sure she has her fan on her. But this year she's not full suiting so that should also help.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 05:34:14 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Bioshock:
@Another Movie Addict:

Oof.... Yeah..... suiting in the heat is so dangerous........ I do not understand how people like.... go to the beach in full digigrade suits without dying even WITH a fan...

I want to get my bodysuit done this year so I can finally have a fullsuit and not just the partial but...... UGH.... warm..... Also my OC is mostly white lol......

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 10:31:20 )

@kaichoukai: I don't think I could ever fullsuit. Partialing is fine, but no body suit.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 10:14:18 )
Do monster girls or cat girls count? uwu

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 17:29:50 )

I've always liked anthro designs. I grew up watching cartoons, reading picture books and fairy tales, etc and a huge chunk--if not the majority--of them had anthropomorphic animal characters. And being an animal lover from the beginning, I gravitated pretty heavily toward those designs. I didn't really start trying to draw human characters until middle school when the anime craze hit, then it was all about people with animal ears instead lol. I drifted away from anime and started getting back to my roots, so to speak, and spent a few years with the online furry fandom... only to ultimately end up feeling like I wasn't furry enough for the furry club. I still enjoy anthro designs, but I also like human and human-like designs, mythological creatures, monsters, etc. I don't differentiate based on how many recognizable animal features something has. A cool design is a cool design.
And yes, I sort of have a fursona or two, or a way of drawing myself in anthro form... but I haven't been on any furry-dedicated sites in a good while and don't really feel like I belong there.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.