Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:47:22 )
@sunny: Aww, thank you!! I really like his adorable lil' blep. :P I like the color combo of your avatar!

@totalanimefan: It's about time! It was a little warmer this past weekend but it's cooled down considerably.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:55:21 )

@sunny: Sounds like a good day. ^^
@Elirona: I wasn't out much this weekend. DC was doing really well as a city during COVID, and then pretty much every republican decided to get COVID. So yeah I'm staying inside again.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:56:37 )

@Elirona: thanks!

@Totalanimefan: it was, though now I am very much looking forward to my appointment with the genetics counsellor. I am all jittery about it lol. P

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 20:59:54 )

@sunny: Nice. When will that be?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:01:40 )

@Totalanimefan: I have no idea, the doctor couldn't give me a time estimate. I have to wait for an appointment letter, but I'm not expecting to hear anything until after the New Year, which is killing me lol. The anticipation!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:03:02 )

@sunny: I feel like that's a really long wait! I thought that you were going to say next week or something like that lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:05:10 )

@Totalanimefan: lol omg I don't think so. Because of COVID things have really slowed down, plus I am an NHS referral so the wait is kind of expected.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:06:59 )

@sunny: Yeah you are right. COVID probably is really slowing people down.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:11:57 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah. I don't mind waiting, I'm used to the NHS being slow. I can't really complain about it, it being free and all xD

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:17:26 )
@totalanimefan: Staying inside, especially in a big city like that with a resurge of covid, is definitely the best course of action. I'm glad you're staying safe.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:20:02 )

@sunny: Yeah the NHS is great! I really liked using it when I was a student.
@Elirona: Yeah COVID is no joke. I told my husband last Friday like hey, we shouldn't go anywhere this weekend. And I stayed inside the whole time, he had to go to the hardware store. We did go to the supermarket yesterday, but we still gotta do that lol. I'm pretty pissed about the super spreader event. Because after Oct the weather isn't that great for going outside. So it's like Oct is the last week to really good out and enjoy fall. Plus the leaves changing are really pretty too.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:25:43 )

@Totalanimefan: I bet lol. We are so lucky, and I am so lucky that they will be able to ensure my baby doesn't have the bad gene that causes a life limiting condition. Win win!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:33:22 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, exactly...It sucks that we can't even try and enjoy the last bit of fall because people are being asses. I've been trying to limit my going-out as well. Outdoor spaces only.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:37:46 )
@Totalanimefan: That makes sense it would be DIYs xD I was trying to change a bunch of the store bought stuff, so that's why I couldn't find much.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:40:47 )

@sunny: That's amazing that they can do that. My husband's brother and wife tried for years to have a kid on their own. After 5+ years of trying that did IVF. They got a healthy baby boy that was born last Oct. (Luckily before COVID so my husband and I could go and be there for the birth).

@Elirona: Yeah, same here. You would think that we would have this more under control since March, or that more people would believe in the virus, but I feel like we haven't made any process as a country since about May. :( I'm really sick of it. Of course I know that it would still be around and there wouldn't be a vaccine yet, but damn we are really screwing this up as a nation.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:42:05 )

@Megaame: It's kinda a pain that we can't also change those. There are other colors that sets come in, but you have to get them from other islands (or balloons I think?)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:48:51 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah modern medicine is a wonder :) they have to identify which gene causes it, which could take months but luckily my mum has already had her genes sequenced so we know which gene causes disease. So that's a few months off the waiting time!

That's so nice, I love a happy ending :) it must have been so nice for you to be there.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 21:53:55 )

@sunny: Yeah I'm really happy for them that they could have a healthy baby. If they would have been able to have a baby the normal way, they found out there was a 50% chance for a life threatening condition. Kinda unlucky it wasn't working the normal way cause they both had low odds.

It was nice to be there. I was also there a week before for a wedding of a good friend of mine from England.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 22:03:19 )

@Totalanimefan: oh wow, so it's doubly good that they were able to have the IVF then! Thankfully everything turned out OK.

I think I remember you mentioning that you came here for a wedding!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 22:09:50 )

@sunny: Yup it was the same trip. It was pretty weird to be back in the UK after 6 years. It's like so many things had changed, but also not a lot had changed. lol
I guess it's the same anywhere.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.