Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:49:32 )

@Totalanimefan: :( do you have another job lined up?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:52:52 )

@sunny: Nope. My husband said that if I wanted to go back to school and not work I could. We have the money saved up. I think that I would like to because something like 85% of the people that live in my area have a BA and I don't have one. ^^;
I wouldn't have to start over again like you do in the UK, the time I spent taking classes in the past can count towards my new degree. I just don't know what major, maybe Business? Or what Uni here. I think I would like it online but also college/Uni here can range in price quite a bit so I don't want it to be too expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:53:28 )

@0v7: Ew that is gross. Why did move without a plan? That's weird and stressful. I don't think I could do that.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:55:31 )

@Totalanimefan: oooo interesting! What would you study?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:56:51 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Totalanimefan: I guess it was to get out of a bad neighborhood - but also like, the lack of personal space/respect/privacy is.... not great for my mental health =n=;;. So far all they need is a septic tank to have running water, but of course that costs a lot of money.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:57:34 )

@sunny: I'm thinking Paralegal, Business, Finance, something like that. Like something where I could have a 9-5 job and make good money. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:57:47 )

@0v7: cool new avatar!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:58:29 )

@sunny: Thanks :D I bought a Feline Fatale off of Total so ofc I had to make a new avi with it >w>

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:58:32 )

@Totalanimefan: i hope it all works out for you! that would really change your life :) I would love to go back to Uni but no money lol XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 20:59:24 )

@0v7: Do you have a bedroom to yourself at least?
@sunny: Thank you <3 I hope so too! I tried to go back in 2018 while still working 3 days a week and I couldn't do it. I was soo busy and so stressed. (and it was still a lot of money)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:00:26 )

Lunch break is over for me. Back to work for me.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:01:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep! I have the smallest bedroom, which isn't my favorite thing 'cause I like having more space, but it's something.
They tend to stay out of my bedroom nowadays, which is good. I also have a lockbox for my Rx medication 'cause my aunt tends to steal that from people.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:04:55 )

@0v7: Damn do these people steal everything?
I know what it's like to have a small room and it sucks. You feel pretty trapped.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:09:45 )

@Totalanimefan: Unfortunately, they think it's alright because that's how they were raised. I make a point of hiding my hygienic stuff from them so they don't use it. Last I heard, one of my alters discovered that a relative had used our toothbrush. 🤢

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:11:52 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, it will be good for you to be able to solely focus on studying. I don't know how people manage a job AND school at the same time :O

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:46:09 )

@0v7: ew ew ew that’s so gross.
@sunny: I tried!! But it super didn’t work and was so stressful. Do not recommend. Maybe if it was retail one day a week or something but that also gets you barely any money :(

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:51:08 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah it barely seems worth it. I didn't have a job when I was at uni, too much hassle for me.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:53:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's... not ideal. They should be getting running water in the next month or so?? Or at least, that's what I've heard.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/25 00:03:00 )

@sunny: British Uni is so hard. At least in the Us you can pick which class you want to do which semester. And most classes are held more than once a week. So it’s easier to balance a job with Uni.
When I was in school in the US I made sure I never had a Friday class cause that was my day to get all my homework and essays/projects done.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/25 00:19:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Moving the party over here! I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.