Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:41:04 )

@Aisukohi: poke bowl? I have never heard of that before. Lemme ask Google.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:41:59 )
@sunny: They're pretty nice lol. I get one where I can build it myself, so it has rice, fish, and some veggies.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:42:58 )

@Aisukohi: it looks tasty! It seems like my kinda thing. What veggies will you put in it?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:45:22 )
@sunny: I usually do carrots, corn, scallions, edamame, and nori strips lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:58:36 )
@xvz: all the inside buildings are closed, that’s where the jungle, swamp, tropics, Arctic, etc. all are. They have houses for all of those. So we only saw the outside animals, which was still great. The rhino was running around, and the zebras, giraffes, giant anteaters, African antelope things, camels, and bison were all pretty active. The other animals (like bears and lions) were sleeping in the shade and harder to see.
But! The zoo decided to set up a big dinosaur thing. They have mechanical dinos all over the park, and a special little path section of them too. They set it up while they were closed for a few months (corona) and now they have a new attraction to help get people in while all the inside stuff has to be closed. They were pretty awesome.

Ankylosaurus is my favorite dinosaur!

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:18:44 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@sunny: for sure, the only way to get better is to do it more! and i'm sure if i do it more it'll get easier too
ah i didn't know about twitter writing groups / critique partners, ty :3 i'll look into it!!!

that's awesome and helpful to hear, i'll have to give it a go :-D
i like the idea of it as a wind down routine! if i can keep it up for a few weeks hopefully it'll develop into a habit!

@lina: aww fun! i had to look up what an ankylosaurus is but they look awesome :0
like spiky turtle lizards

it's a little unclear to me what the ethics of zoos are, for the time being i just tell myself they are good for conservation but i know that's not true everywhere
i think it's similar with like keeping certain animals as pets - like i love animals but not every animal is ethical to keep as a pet i think
i hope all the animals are happy where they are tho!
i haven't been to the zoo in forever but i'd love to like sketch some animals sometime!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:19:39 )

poke bowls are so good! i Love raw salmon omg it's my favorite lol , and sashimi in general

i picked up some cookies and creme ice cream the other day ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:31:30 )
@xvz: Some zoos aren't good, but for the most part, America has pretty many restrictions in place for animals now.
At least, most states and most animals. Elephants are now only in one or two zoos in america because they're required to have a minimum of open space and there are just a few big zoos that can handle them. Which is great for the animals! And I'm happy to not see them if it means they're taken care of properly!
The zoo I go to has only rescue animals, or ones bred in zoos. They are trying to breed animals that are close to extinction, in the hopes of someday being able to introduce them back into safe wildlife sanctuaries. Or, we still have and get rescue animals more often than we probably should, because there are still so many people trying to sell wild animals and stuff. It's horrible so I'm glad they can be saved and live their lives peacefully after that.

But every zoo is different and some are not good to their animals, or import animals they really don't need to.
This zoo had one hippo for many years, but when it died they just made the rhino area twice as large because they have a few they hoped to breed and they didn't want to get new hippos.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:38:07 )

that's good to hear about the animal rescue and trying to increase the population of close to animals close to extinction :0

yeah it's sad about the way some people treat wild animals :-(
i guess it comes from a place of like. liking animals i guess? but from the perspective of wanting ownership/control instead of like wanting to live in harmony

i love the idea of working as a conservationist or working w animals!
but i'm pretty sure the reality of it involves a lot of ... cleaning lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:54:22 )

@Aisukohi: sounds delish tbh!!

@xvz: Twitter has a HUGE writing community. In fact, there are agents that run a contest called PitchWars in which writers basically pitch their novel to the Twitter community, and people actually get agents and publishing deals out of it. Twitter is a must have for a serious writer. Unfortunately I hate Twitter, so I am missing out on a fair bit but that's ok imo.
I hope you can find what works for you. You can always come to me with any questions etc, but I don't pretend to be an expert lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:02:04 )

@sunny: oohh !! i keep meaning to make ig/twitter accounts for art and writing but i think trying to find the niche accounts you wanna follow can take effort so i keep putting it off ...
and thank you!! i think you write the most out of anyone i know or talk to hahaha

i did take some poetry and fiction writing classes in undergrad, i wish i had the bandwidth then to spend more time connecting with the writing community, because honestly it was a really good one
i am facebook friends with my professors at least, and they were really supportive! i really wish i was able to talk to them more back then
i don't know a lot of people irl who are doing fiction or poetry writing :< i wish i had more people to talk to about it!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:08:38 )
Sushi grade salmon is my favorite as well. <3 Whenever I get sushi anything, I always have to have some salmon.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:09:14 )

@xvz: I did half a degree in Creative Writing and tbh I regret ever starting it. It really squashed down my creativity and it's taken me like 10 years to recover from the writer's block it left me with. I just found it too restrictive, too stifling, being forced to create on tap. It just didn't work for me. I left halfway through. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your classes though! & yeah, connections are pretty much where it's at with the writing community. It can feel elitist at times though :/

I have several IRL friends who write (I made them on the aforementioned failed university course) but tbh I don't really talk to people outside of Voltra. I am not normally a sociable person.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:09:41 )

Also the new orbs are coming out soon. What do we think the theme is?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:12:13 )
I'm just taking a shot in the dark...gonna guess the theme is food of some sort lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:17:31 )

Oooh that would be good. We need a hot dog costume tbh XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:19:26 )
That would be a hilarious item. xD Kinda like that lobster costume lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:22:22 )

Lol yes I love that item.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:23:29 )
What about you? Any guesses to what the theme might be?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:24:43 )

I thought maybe mythology? Idk. It's just a random stab in the dark.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.