Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 02:49:20 )
@Colin: Very true. I've got the rest of Affinity and HS Affinity on the way. I was watching one of the guys at my LGS play around with a proxied version of HS Affinity and MAN did I forget how much thinking went into that deck. He beat me four out of six games and he shouldn't have lost any of them except he left damage on the table with his sequencing. I made sure to point them out so he won't miss them in the future. :) I like helping people get better when I can (and provided they don't get insulted by it, which some people do) because I feel like the better everyone around me plays, the better I play.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah! It really is funny how that whole tie-breakers thing works lol. But hey, it's better than washing and getting no place lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 02:57:30 )

@SorrowTheMad: What do you get for 3rd place?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 02:58:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: I agree. PVP can just be arduously long. And... well, I hate seeing that everyone's better than me at battling, lol.

@sorrowthemad: That's a good attitude. And I hate when people get offended when you're genuinely just trying to help.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 03:04:50 )
@totalanimefan:
Lol it's okay.
I've been okay. Weekend has been uneventful for the most part.
My fiancee wanted to go to the store so we went to a few places not too far and picked up a few things.
I also changed my avi today too.

How have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 04:51:57 )

@Colin: haha there are people way better than me. I just try to stick with the same 3 Pokémon I like instead of trying to figure out the meta lol
@ArsenicAttitude: nice! And nice! I need to go to the store again soon. I went on a long bike ride today. I feel great after but it was pretty hot.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 05:13:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: That's fair. I did pretty much the same thing, but... I guess I got bored of it WAY too quickly. I dunno, I think I'm good without the PVP stuff.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 11:46:24 )
@totalanimefan:
We should have picked up a few things from the grocery store but I think e can hold off for a few more days.
I just have to get the will to cook lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 13:18:57 )
@Totalanimefan: I ended up getting four packs and a promo pack with a few special cards in it. Depends on how many people show up though. The more people are there, the more prizes are added to the pool.

@Colin: Same here. There's one guy at my LGS that like, he always asks for help but then straight up refuses any of the suggestions. He has some pet cards in his deck and I get that but they're just bad so I suggest sideboarding them or removing them altogether and he just refuses. He whines about wanting to put these cards in his deck "but just having no good options of things to remove" but won't take any advice on it. He won't even look at lists online because "it has to be his own brew." I finally told him to quit asking me for help.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 16:21:54 )

@Colin: I always want to make it to level 20 for the legendary and the closest I've ever gotten is rank 10 lol

@ArsenicAttitude: That's me too. I need to find the will to cook.

@SorrowTheMad: Oh wow! ^^ That's pretty good winnings.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 19:11:07 )
@totalanimefan:
W picked some stuff up today because we want to make sesame chicken tonight lol.
We've been craving it for a few days but we were missing a few ingredients.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 19:37:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! I think 1st got 10 packs and 2nd got 6, and both got promo packs as well. Something like that anyway. Lol! Btw I got that Coldbrew thing you suggested for me. It hasn't arrived yet but hopefully I'll get it soon :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 20:11:08 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh awesome!! I think that you will really like it. I should make some cold brew Tea.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 20:12:25 )

@ArsenicAttitude: OMG That sounds soo good! I want some too

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 21:19:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: That is... just maddening. Like... I just... that... wow. I'm getting irritated just THINKING about it, holy crap.

@totalanimefan: Oof, that sucks. Yeah, from what I've heard, climbing the ranks is... a task and a half, to put it lightly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 21:45:22 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm sure I will! Out of curiosity, how much should I put into the metal thing at a time? At least, a good baseline so I don't go too crazy right away.

@Colin: It is VERY irritating. He's like that with everything though. So I've just decided not to ever give him advice lol! Not because he's a bad guy or anything, just that I can't handle getting frustrated at him for ignoring my advice.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 21:52:35 )
@totalanimefan:
Right!?
We're going to make some rice and broccoli along with it as well.
I'm excited.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 22:31:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I hear ya. Good enough fella, just CAN'T TAKE ADVICE!
"I need help with this."
"You don't need this card."
"BUH MUH FAVE CARD...!"
"...."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 22:35:03 )

@Colin: It is. It just takes way too long and it's not fun. Speaking of not fun, it's going to be very hot here this week, and very hot on Saturday. I hope I'm ok during Go Fest. I might have to go play in a mall or something.

@SorrowTheMad: I don't remember the amount for coffee. For tea I would do 5-6 tablespoons. There should be recipes online. And remember to use the coarsest coffee grounds.

@ArsenicAttitude: Oh my gosh that sounds so good. You have to tell me how it turns out. I've never made it before. Now I really want some lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 22:44:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: ....oh dear. I wish you all the best with that. If nothing else, keep hydrated. Water, electrolyte drink, whatever. I just hope you find SOME way to enjoy GO Fest.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 22:57:06 )
@Colin: Pretty much! Lol! He keeps trying to fit Martyr of Sands into regular, sorta-aggro-y Soul Sisters too. I keep trying to tell him Martyr Proc IS a deck but they're very different kinds of decks, but he just won't listen. *Facepalms*

@Totalanimefan: I usually grind my coffee pretty coarse anyway so that shouldn't be a problem. Alright I'll check it out, thanks :D

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.