Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A rude awakening

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:12:36 )
Woke up to the sound of one of my ceiling tiles crashing to the ground less than a foot from my face.
Scared the absolute crap out of me. I woke up startled and just in time to see all the debris still plummeting to the ground and my half asleep brain was like, "Did someone crash through my wall???"

Lmao no, my apartment is just falling apart that's all.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:28:13 )

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:29:58 )

O wow thank god you are okay. Do you have a bit of a nice landlord?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:29:58 )

Oml that happened to me a few years ago too o.o
I couldn't sleep in my room afterwards... that's what happened when ya don't fix the leaks in your ceiling for months x.x

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 00:04:12 )
@Bonnie:
Yes, and not good. But let's just say when I moved in I didn't have a lot of options.

@vengeance:
Yeah? Nice enough I guess but he's not very fond of me and he can be real petty when he wants to be.

@PurpdaBurpPurp:
If there was a leak I had no idea about it, but that tile had been kinda sketchy lookin' since the day I moved in.
I thought nothing of it though since a lot of things in this apt were/are sketchy lookin'.

god I wish I could move.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 00:39:02 )
Oh no....
I'll pray for you to whatever you think is most effective.

Thing is, if you moved in with that damage, legally, your land lord is obligated to fix it.
But, sound like you don't have an ideal landlord. Sympathies.

Your avatar looks awesome despite the fact that you have no ceiling.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 01:15:14 )

@Bou: Sigh same here. My apartment is not the best also but is better than living in the streets.
I try to be grateful for it even though there's a lot that's going wrong here x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 02:22:20 )

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 21:00:00 )
@Eruca:
if i can help it, i'd much prefer nothing to do with him but I don't think there's really a way around it.

also thank you, that made me lol.

@PurpdaBurpPurp:
oh for sure. i try to be thankful i'm not on the streets either since with my current situation, i could very well be.
but some days are harder than others.

@Bonnie:
yeah, that's a good idea.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 21:06:55 )
    @Bou: yeah, just check to see. If there’s something in the lease that he is responsible for and it’s not doing you can contact tenant’s rights or something about it. (If you’re in the U.S., I’m sure other countries have similar things). The battle may be hard and not worth it but it also good to know what you can do if something happens, like he tried to make you pay for something you aren’t liable for.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 02:14:00 )

Omg that sucks. I would have been scared shitless too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:24:04 )
@Bou: love it when people get my jokes.
Sending you luck.

Just out of curiosity, what's upstairs?
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.