Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite Card and Board Games?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 03:36:03 )

What are some of your favorite board games and card games?

For board games, some that I like are Trouble, Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, Connect 4, and Life. I remember there was a game like Connect 4 on Runescape, and for awhile I would always play it against my friends on there. Monopoly is fun, but I think I started many more games than I ever finished. Also, I remember liking chess when we played human chess in fifth grade. We had a board made of tape on the floor with spaces colored in with chalk and we played against the other fifth grade classes. Each game some people would play the pieces and the remaining students would decide how to move the pieces. I got to play the queen in the first game which was fun despite the fact that all I really did was move as directed. We also spent some time playing normal chess before that to prepare. I'd also like to say that Mario Party, which is like a video game board game, has always been a favorite of mine.

For card games, Uno is definitely my favorite. It always results in a fun screaming match and lots of laughter when played with friends. Some others I like are Kemps, War, Cards Against Humanity, and Solitaire.
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 05:06:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I pretty much like any board game, but Life, Monopoly, and Telestrations (not a traditional board game, but falls in that party game genre) are my top favs.

For card games Uno and Cards Against Humanity are my top picks. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 15:07:37 )
Trivial pursuit is one of our faves
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 15:12:18 )

I am a huge Monopoly fan. But I also like Ludo, Scrabble & Rummikub.
For card games Uno, Go Fish, Twenty-one, Thirty-one and something that's played a lot in my country Pesten.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 16:03:42 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I love Monopoly, even if we apparently play it wrong
But no one else does so I haven't played in years T_T have a memory of where one of my cousins played all day. I don't remember most of our properties, bit he figured he was gonna win cuz he had the most expensive two plots. I had the orange three kitty corner. He kept hitting those three while I kept avoiding his two. Sometimes I'd hit, but mostly I missed, which drove him nuts cuz I was slowly taking away all his money
Life is fun, too, but again, no one to play with. I like going to college because yeah there's debts, but at least these ones are payable and college jobs have a chance at the best paychecks. Plus perks
Rummikub is fun, but only if you have 3+ players. We have three copies of this game, and all three have different things on the rules. One is 30 points to open, can't play until open, no wild with open. That one is 50 points, can't play before open, yes wild with open, and that one is 30 but you can play anytime, but also no opening with wild. With only two players it gets kinda...predictable. With three there's the extra factor and the chance that someone's gonna screw up your move. Or give you a better one. What's really fun is when everyone's opened and playing and you change the whole playing board to put down one tile. I've done this to mom a lot. If you're curious to our opening rules, 30, must open to play, no opening wilds
Chinese Checkers is fun too. Mom, I think, made a really nice board with wood. Might've been one of her siblings tho. It's super pretty. Once my and one of my cousins was showing her kid how to play, but she had to leave so one of my aunts took over. I won, mostly cuz I wasn't the one teaching teaching, but it let him know what to do when he gets more experience with the game
Clue is fun too, back before our game board got ruined I'd bring it out and play around. Mom has an expanded board version now
CAH. So inappropriate. So hilarious. So fun. Mom, two of her coworkers, and I played. One of the black cards drawn was draw a card, then play three to make a haiku. I didn't quite hit 5-7-5, but I did have short-long-short in a fashion that made sense. The others tried too hard for the 5-7-5 format, so mine ended up being the only one that really made sense
Dad now has Joking Hazard, the Cyanide and Happiness version of CAH, with all the expansions, but we haven't even opened the packs yet. Should be fun if we ever play though around xmas 2018 he was looking at the main one so the next year at the one con I can afford to go to I found it, the expansion packs, and got them all. Dad got them for his birthday and that got him to laugh, I was told. I was on a cruise at the time so I obviously wasn't there to see for myself

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 19:11:26 )

So my friends host board gaming get togethers pretty often so I've been exposed to a lot of different games.

Some favorites:

Red Dragon Inn - a deck based card game in which you take on the role of an adventurer and try to out drink the rest of the party. Lots of backstabbing and wild back and forth card effects. There's also a TON of characters to choose from these days as they have released 7 full expansions and a bunch of individual bonus character decks. Each plays a little differently.

Dominion - A deck building game in which you must strategize based on the resources available (and the effects of each). You have to balance your deck between cards with effects and cards with victory points (which usually have no effect and take up space in your hand). Due to the various combinations that could be in play, the strategy changes drastically from game to game.

Small World - This board game involves territory expansion with several different races and special abilities. Though the game is very focused on taking over territories, the ultimate goal is to have the most money/points. Due to the varied races and abilities (which are randomized) reply value is very high.

Mysterium - This game is kind of a mix between Clue and Dixit. One person plays as a ghost trying to guide the other players to find their murderer through a series of visions. The clues to the answers are in the image cards which are gorgeous and also very weird. Lots of various interpretations can be made with the cards so it's a fun and creative game.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 16:14:49 )
Boardgames:
Catan, Rummikub, Ticket to ride, Monopoly, The crazy king's castle

Cardgames:
500, Cards Against Humanity, Munchkin
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 05:27:29 )

Aggravation is lots of fun to play!
I also love Chinese Checkers. (SO much better than reg. checkers or chess).
Found the game Hex during a sale. It is pretty hilarious to play.
Wizardology is neat. Found that one at Goodwill for super cheap. Picked it up because it was fantasy themed.
We also got the Game of Life in card version, which is pretty fun and a quicker version than the board game one.
I bought D&D: Dungeon Mayhem (and the expansion packs) on Amazon because it sounded super cute! It is a lot of fun and the kids enjoy it too!

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 19:29:26 )
Cardfight vangaurd, settlers of catan, mechs v minions, a wacky game called: redneck life, and some of cool lil cg bg hybrids.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.