Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I love my baby, but...

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:13:30 )
Already they won't let me sleep for more than two hours in a row, and they're not even born yet! Ha, I guess this is practice for five months from now. It's just super difficult combined with my narcolepsy because it's even harder to stay awake during the day and it occasionally gives me horrible migraines. Sometimes I just randomly wake up, and usually I can fall right back to sleep, but tonight it's been everything from heartburn to physical discomfort- my baby is half a pound now, no sleep position works . Plus, narcolepsy means I'm never fully asleep so I just feel like I'm lying there with mild hallucinations.

What do you folks do when you can't sleep? How do you cope with responsibility the next day?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:40:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Glume: First off, I LOVE YOUR AVI! <3

Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems while you’re pregnant. And it always sounds like it gets more and more difficult the further your pregnancy develops. Having narcolepsy on top of that just sounds like a whole new level of difficult. Have you asked your doctor for advice?
When I get insomnia, I try to work out for a bit to tire myself or drink some sleepy herbal tea. Sometimes nothing works and it’s just me lying in bed screaming mentally for hours until I pass out at like 5 am. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:57:59 )
@Tsundererra: I have mentioned it to my doctor and she just said yep that's how it goes XD
I've got a book with hints and tips about it but it's mostly common sense stuff like "try sleeping on your side" or "eat dinner earlier". I try my hardest to do those but sometimes it's out if my control :p

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 12:28:43 )
@Glume: hunny it will get worse!!! Zur wirst expirience so far is the childbed for me Personality because iam just unlucky. I just may lay down and feed my baby the Rest even changing diapear need to do my Bf but he is very caring and loving with me and our little Girl!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 13:39:11 )
@Miss Sandman: Oh I figured it would get worse, I'm only half way there! To top it off, I'm pretty sure I woke up with a cold. Boo.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 13:42:02 )

do you have a pregnancy pillow? i sleep with one because i have a bad back and it is AMAZING

as far as not being able to sleep goes, i generally put on a guided meditation (i like the ones by michael sealey the best) and that'll knock me out. i have been super into the "align your chakras!" ones recently because i think the visualization of it helps lull me into dreamland a little easier.

hello again

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 14:07:09 )
@kegs: I have a long body pillow, its good for falling asleep with, but I usually end up flopping onto my back and having it pin me lol. I had the best luck tonight lying on my uncomfortable couch. Having the back of the couch to lean on while I'm on my side, and having it help prop my knees up when I'm on my back, seems to be the best way for me to sleep these days. I got a whole three hours in a row on that stiff dang couch and I'm so greatful

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 17:37:36 )
@Glume: daaaw thats Bad! A cold in pregnancy really is the worst!!!!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 18:45:43 )

I don't have any advice for the pregnancy part, but when I can't sleep no matter what I try, I just... try to relax at least. Find a comfortable place to sit and just veg, or play a relaxing game, or read something interesting. It sucks the next day for sure, but at least I have some energy.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 22:12:39 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Glume: Ahhh, sounds like the same advice I got for better sleeping hygiene, and I’m not even pregnant. T^T Are you getting enough sleep when you do sleep?

@Miss Sandman: I was hoping you would reply to this thread and have some advice based on your experience.

Btw, loving your new avi. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 08:28:20 )
@Tsundererra: the Problem is hun every pregnancy is diffrent i couldnt sleep es well thats right but the last months it was because of pain and i just stayed up till i was so tired i fell into a Koma tbh. Its not healthy to do it this way!!!!
And thank you! :) yours is pretty cute too!!!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 09:21:40 )
@Glume: wait until baby comes your lucky if baby will let you sleep at all, and sleeping when baby does sleep, doesn't always work out.

Reading helps, maybe try listening to music, don't eat spicy foods or acidity foods. So you don't get acid reflux, or heart burn.

And just a little something for you to read, Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood, and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby.

Keep your legs and knees bent, and put a pillow between your legs.

I wish you good luck

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 13:37:27 )
@Tsundererra: I never fully sleep, because narcolepsy is fun like that, but I finally got five hours in last night. It feels so great.

@Unicorn: Thats all very good advice. I wish eating bland foods kept me from getting heartburn but literally everything I put in my body gives me the worst heartburn ever. I had the acid reflux disease before pregnancy, and this is by far worse. Everything I read says that means I'm going to have a hairy baby lol. I guess that makes sense, me and my hubby are a bunch of hairy metal heads. Our kid will uphold the legacy :viotongue:
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 18:06:08 )
@Glume: I am so sorry to hear that.

I always slept better on my left side when I was pregnant, I still sleep on my left side I mean that is my go to sleep on side. But your welcome. I had acid reflux happening, when I was pregnant to which I had to be put on something to try and stop me from puking so much, i ended up lopsing a lpt of weight that I needed to gain, sometimes it helped other times not so much. I mean if one is going to puke it will come up one way or the other.

I had some strange cravings, and I didn't go for everything that I craved for eating either.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — Garbage Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 07:41:49 )
UwU~ *nuzzles you*

Well, I've had sleep problems my whole life. It sounds kinda lame but meditation and breathing exercises actually really do help! I scoffed at first, then I tried it out of desparation and it worked!

...Still though, I end up late night at the computer on the internet... because I wanna stay up and play. Hahaha~
Honestly, I'm pretty good at getting things done that I need to though, even if I'm tired. I guess it's just drive?
*while you're distracted, I steal your wallet and run*
Disclaimer: I'm not gonna steal your wallet, that was a joke. I might UwU at you though.
Chibi Shoppe!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.