Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Vday plotting!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 21:55:00 )

My boyfriend is a sentimental man
and I think we've been together long enough that I can finally begin a scrapbook for him. He has expressed in the past that he really wants to work on one, and he keeps every movie ticket and our plane tickets from a trip I took him on last summer. We still have our name badges from when I took him to E3 as well. They're huge, so I'll have to literally pick a scrapbook big enough to fit the bastards in. :vanora_xd:

In perfect timing, my mother gave me a printer over christmas, so I can actually find myself some photo paper and pick out some of our favorite photos to print out for the scrapbook. I also have some drawings I can print for it too, since we had designed some pokemon trainer OCs. I want to collect more art of them from other artists, but that might be for a future booklet for him. I plan to obtain them via rlc anyway xD

I have to tell you guys my plans so that I may keep it a secret irl! Gotta spill it somewhere lmao

Do you have fun plotting big surprises for people in your life? Its one of my favorite things ever, tbh
Especially for my bf cause he gets so excited. I almost made him cry with a surprise pokemon plush once haha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 21:59:34 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

I love plotting surprises, but I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

Recently, I bought my boyfriend a quill set - quill with multiple nibs and black ink, all done in mock silver with absolutely beautiful embellishments. Of course, I told him about it days before it arrived. To be fair, I was drunk when i told him, so ....

I love to surprise my mother with flowers randomly (I live with her). Those are usually easier to do, since I buy them spur of the moment.

I wish I was better at keeping my mouth shut though, haha.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:01:01 )

Aww that is a really sweet gift.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:05:59 )

@mellonin:
Hahaha my sister is that way! I find its getting harder for me to keep secrets from him because I get so excited. And he also sucks at it and keeps giving gifts to me early lmao
Like christmas he had prepared months ahead of time and then was like.... do you want it.. now? :vanora_xd:
and my wishy washy butt is like "if you want me to want it now"

@vengeance:
Thanks <3
its originally his idea, of course. Just been almost a year since he last mentioned it.
I love crafty things like these too, so I'll have fun helping with it over time

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:16:04 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it&rsquo;s a plan!

@Jolly: That is totally me, haha. I'm like ... "I got you something. It's a thing. An awesome thing! Do you want to see a picture of the thing?!" And it just sort of snowballs from there, haha.

We&rsquo;re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:20:06 )

@mellonin:
lmao yes, thats 100% him. I just squirm and whine a lot that I want to tell the person but I wont haha

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:54:42 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, that sounds like such a thoughtful and wonderful Valentine’s Day gift. You’ll have to show us the finished product. :’)

I love gifting and surprising people. ^^ There’s something nice about that reaction of pure happiness that makes it worth it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 01:19:01 )
That's such a heartfelt gift!

I make extra little things for my friends sometimes, but it's been a while since I did anything large.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 08:56:20 )
@Jolly: That's cute. That's going to be something he's going to love more than something like a box of chocolates.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day because it's my late wife's birthday and I'm too busy being a sad sack lol. But we usually celebrate it on another day. I try to do stuff that's sentimental, because I know that chicks dig that stuff (except my ex wife who was very materialistic).

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 18:02:23 )

@gatorlec:
Aw, I'm sorry for the loss. I'm sure I can speak for the site's community when I say we'll be here for you!

I do find that most people prefer more sentimental things. I always tell others they dont have to spend a dime on me. Draw something, write something, send me a photo of something, or just message me. I can feel if thought was put into something and holy poop, that makes me happier than anything. No matter how quick and small it is!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 02:34:48 )
@Jolly: It's alright, you learn to move on, though I can't say it doesn't hurt anymore because it still stings.

That's the best I think too. My kids make me cards and I love it more than store bought.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 03:01:11 )

That's very sweet!
I haven't thought about what to do. I'm sure that I'll get a sweet card for my husband and we normally spend the night in. Cooking for each other.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.