Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What concerts have you been to?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 05:51:37 )

back in September, we went to go see Alice in Chains live for the first time! it was their homecoming concert at the end of their most recent tour, and it was honestly beyond my wildest dreams. i can't stop thinking about how they played Nutshell in tribute to Layne Staley and Mike Starr. i swear everybody in the audience was tearing up. man, so many emotions at once. pretty sure that was my favorite concert experience yet

so volties.. what concerts have you attended? what was the most memorable? were you ever disappointed?

banner by Ruby ❤️

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 06:00:16 )
I don't think I could name them all, so I'll just go with the memorable ones -- the first concert I remember going to was Metallica when they were touring for the "Black Album". I saw Johnathan Coulton when he played at Nekocon some years back; that was dope AF. And I saw Bradio during Otakon last year; they were actually really good.

Speaking of last Otakon(kinda), Diana Garnet was there doing a concert, and I missed seeing her again. I wonder if I'm cursed in that regard...
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 10:40:58 )
Some.... xD 4 Festivals and like 15 concerts since 2016. 2010 was my first Festival
All metal
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 13:14:07 )
Probably far too many to list. I too saw Alice in Chains. It was amazing. I loved how the entire crowd was singing along.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 14:24:21 )
Multiple Switchfoot concerts, Breaking Benjamin and 3 Days Grace.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 15:58:26 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

The theme park I work at is right next to a concert venue
And our home is close enough that if the weather is right, we can hear the music
So with that, I've heard a ton of stuff over the years

But for actually gone and sat and watched in person, Trans-Siberian Orchestra a handful of times and Blue Man Group once

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 18:20:33 )

Most of them are from Otakon. So they are Japanese bands. I did go and see Matchbox 20! They were good!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 02:23:29 )

i somehow managed to see all of my fav jp bands/groups most of which i've liked since high school lol
    dir en grey, l'arc~en~ciel, monkey majik, cali≠gari, goatbed... so i'm satisfied. :')

my memory with concerts is so bad though, it's like in one ear, out the other -_-

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 02:37:02 )

I've been to a few.
Most recently was Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach and Sixx AM back in 2016.
Beyond that, I've seen....
Hmmm
A7x, Linkin Park, Metallic, Limp Bizkit, Nightwish, BVB, Delain, Great Big Sea, and whomever the opening acts for all of those were, lol.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:22:31 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

The only concerts I’ve gone to were for BTS. I tend to go to a lot of stand up comedy shows instead of concerts. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 17:46:41 )

"I been to a few concerts, I been to Ozz Fest twice and Family Values tour. I also have seen, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Tool, Symphony X, Dir En Grey (twice), a few local shows, Bon Jovi Crush tour, Five Finger Death Punch (for my x at the time), Behemoth, Nile, Type O Negative with Lorde (a few years before Peter Steele passed on RIP), Backstreet Boys (back in the day lol), New Kids on the Block (when they were young, I was 7 when I went and showing my age lol.... Yes, in the height of fame), Tina Turner, and a few others."

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 19:38:36 )
I am pretty close with a group of guys from Authority Zero, and go to their concerts as much as I can. I would love to see Alice in chains, kinda jealous~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 21:48:29 )

@MoonEevee: I have seen Dir en Grey twice too. As well as the Backstreet Boys back in the days XD

I have been to so many. But I also go to festivals. So let's see back in the days: BSB & Westlife. Also seen a bunch of Japanese bands: Dir en Grey (2x), D, Mucc, D=OUT, Screw, Megaromania, Loudness. See 1 Korean artist: F.T Island. Besides that I always go to rock and metal artist: Before The Dawn (hello username), Boysetsfire, Coheed & Cambria, Parkway Drive (Also seen a bunch of times at festivals), Shinedown (2x).

Worst one was Megaromania. Awfull sound, the singer couldn't sing for shit. The most memorable where 3! Boysetsfire because it was on my birthday and I already wanted to see them for so long. Parkway Drive because their liveshows are the best! And D because wow what a good band. And their singer has such an amazing voice. O and wait Dir en Grey because Kyo is god!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 22:03:57 )

"@vengeance: I remember Dir En Grey was like he underground version of BTS. It was a crazy Otaku scene dream. lol"

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 22:07:06 )

@MoonEevee: In my country lots of metal heads showed up.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 03:17:30 )

at one of my old jobs, we'd leave the radio playing during the morning hours and everyone that worked there called in to try to win tickets to... anything they announced
we won a lot. i've been to soooo many free concerts. usually really bad seats but have won good ones a few times.

hello again

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.