Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Unlife Equation

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:21:24 )

"That's... alarmihng." Aedan commented simply.

"Are you, or any o the demons at the Unit, able to find out who it was that created it?" She asked after a moment or two.

"Because if you can, that would definitely make it easier. I'm sure being alchemists that help, Cain or I coould do it if you can't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:45:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"I'll go out there to try and hone in on the signature." he told her.

"...I'll need someone to come with me, though." he then said.

"Someone non-demonic." he went on.

"Why?" Cain asked.

"Demons are literally incapable of seeing a Lazarus pit, except for the one that created it." Azazel told him.

"So I'll need someone to essentially talk me into the centre of it all so I can start sensing it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 06:54:46 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"If you need someone, I'll do it." She said simply.

"unless you don't want it to be me, that is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 07:27:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Azazel was silent for a moment.

"I..." he stammered.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"What?" Cain asked.

"I don't... I mean... I know you're a perfectly capable individual and all that good stuff about how progressive I am and that the next statement isn't meant to be some way to downplay you..." he went on, rolling his eyes.

"But... I don't... know what will happen if you accidentally fall in again." he said.

"Won't she become a regenerator?" Cain asked.

"...I don't think so." Azazel replied. "When a dead person is brought back to life, the Lazarus pit leaves a very specific... watermark... in their body." he explained. "The same happens when a living person becomes a regenerator, but it's a different 'watermark'." he continued.

"I don't know if those two watermarks can actually coexist in the same vessel." he admitted. "As far as I know, it's never happened before." he went on.

"One could replace the other, in which case I don't know how a dead regenerator could work, seeing as it's a logistic impossibility." he continued.

"...if she DOES become a regenerator, then her condition will be healed, but... what about her memories?" Cain interjected.

"They could remain unchanged, she could lose more of them, and it could be permanent." Azazel responded. "...though I have no basis for anything speculated here." he admitted.

"The long and short of it is... I won't stop you, seeing as, from what I've heard, the Unit's stretched pretty thin as is in terms of manpower, but please PLEASE exercise EXTREME caution if you do." he told Aedan.

"If you fall in again, and you'll need to be right at the edge of the pit to talk me into the centre, we have NO idea what the ever-living hell is going to happen." he finished, taking a loud breath afterwards.

"WOW, that was a lot to say." he mumbled, grabbing a bottle of water and downing about three-quarters of it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 07:30:02 )

Aedan was silent as all was said before shrugging.

"If it's better that it isn't me, then I'll stay back. Not an issue." She then said.

"You... could've just said that it'd be better. Didn't need to have it so lengthy for a simple 'no'." She sighed after a moment before pausing.

"What about any fo the ghosts?" She asked after a moment.

"Or the non-humans. Sierra, Rylie... hell, the aliens? Could work, possibly, too." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 07:46:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel pondered it for a moment.

"Ah." he said.

"Yes, Sierra, Rylie, or..." he started to say, before pausing.

"Wait, wait, wait." he said further.

"The aliens?" he asked.

"...they are an EXTREMELY recent addition to the Unit." he commented.

"HOW do you know of them? Your memory got wiped back FAR before they were even in this dimension."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 07:53:01 )

Aedan shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure it's already been previously established that bits and pieces are returning to me." She then said.

"regardless, even still. Even if human, not from this world. So ... maybe they'd work? I'm actually not sure how the pit would register them." She added after a moment or two, thinking about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 08:28:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel scratched the back of his head slightly.

"Uh... yeah." he said.

"Bits and pieces are returning." he said further.

"Didn't think the info would be THAT sporadic and... well... weirdly spaced out." he admitted.

Cain just sighed quietly.

"Life is strange." was all he said.

Azazel looked to Cain and bit his lip slightly, before looking back at Aedan.

"Regardless, I'm going to be talking to the boss about the pit, and deactivating it." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:33:23 )

Aedan nodded.

"You do that." She said before looking to Cain.

"meanwhile... Now that we have this information, we should be able to make progress on that res a lot quicker now." She said to her son.

"Come on. I think we're going to need some of that Crimson Lotus that I gave you years ago. The one you stuck in that one book. ..... I think Father used his for it, but I honestly can't recall rightly. It's been far too long."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:54:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"Good luck." Azazel told them, before they said their goodbyes, and he parted ways with them.

A short while later, Azazel and Sierra were in the park, slowly making their way towards where the Lazarus Pit was.

"Be careful." he told her.

"This pit is... unstable and not properly functioning." he warned.

"We really have no idea what it'll do." he continued.

"But we need to try and find the demon that helped make it, so they can be tracked down and hopefully coerced into closing it down."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 23:04:52 )

Sierra nodded.

"I know." She said before sighing lightly.

"Still not sure why ytou wanted me." She commented. "Seeing as I can't be loud, and that means I will need to come with you into the depths, there's no way that I would be able to scream at you to ensure you can hear me."

As they reached the edge, she was silent for a moment.

".... That's... omninous." She commented with a light sigh.

"Can you see the very 'tip' at the bottom?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 23:23:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You were the only one available." Azazel muttered.

"And it's still a functioning Pit. Unless you are absolutely against being accidentally brought back to life potentially, then things should be fine." he went on.

"Also, what?" he asked, looking into the hole.

"The tip at the bottom?" he asked further, now looking where she was gesturing.

"Ah! Yes." he said.

"Yes, I see it." he told her.

"That where I'm headed?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 23:25:58 )

Sierra nodded.

"Yes. That is basically at the core of the subtle glow." She told him honestly.

"As for a revival... I wouldn't be entirely opposed, to be honest." She told him. "But from what was said, about this being an improper pit, the fact taht I die due to heartache in the past, I would hate to go through that again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 00:01:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"I suppose so." he said, as he started to climb down the pit.

"Not sure how that would affect your relationship with your new boyfriend." he then told her with a smirk.

"Anyway, I'm going down." he went on.

"No matter what, do NOT come after me." he warned.

"Unless you are willing to risk a revival, and that pain again, do NOT come after me, even if it seems like things are going wrong." he stressed.

"All right?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 00:09:24 )

"I ... cannot promise that." Sierra commented as she sat on the edge, her legs hanging over it and dangling down into the pit.

"That... core actually calls out pretty convincingly. My guess is because I can be revived by it." She then said before sighing.

". . that is fair. I do wonder how Theo would take that..." She muttered as Az stepped out of earshot fo rher to say anything to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 00:38:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel continued to make his way down towards the centre of it all, and when he got there, nothing seemed to happen.

He then closed his eyes, sat cross-legged where he was and concentrated.

As he did, Sierra suddenly noticed that his expression was now strained... concerned... he looked worried.

And the energy that was surrounding him seemed to be pulsing... as though it were trying to repel an intruder.

However, Azazel continued to sit where he was, trying desperately to endure whatever was happening.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 00:47:47 )

Sierra was silent above, sitting on the ledge she was on. She watched what was happening, knowing that there was something that could happen, anything for that matter.

"I really hope this goes well..." She mutered. She was dead, she had an idea for demonic mana and how it worked. She knew that it 2was very possible that there could be repercussions to either of them - but she didn't want to try and figure it out before any of it happened.

At least until there was a massive pulse of mana from the core. It seemed to grow in intensity, and strength, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 01:08:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The mana seemed to be getting stronger and stronger, until Azazel's eyes popped open.

"SIERRA!" he called out to her.

"RETREAT! NOW!" he yelled.

However, by the time he had said that, the mana had pulsed once more, but this time it was even more intense than before.

This launched Azazel out of the core and against one of the walls of the pit, seemingly rendering him unconscious... but that wasn't all.

Sierra then started to feel the ground crack and split beneath her, as she noticed where she was sitting... as well as several metres around her... was beginning to crumble rapidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 01:15:51 )

Sierra had barely managed to get to her feet before the crumbling became even more apparent. By the time she took three steps, the ground gave way, and she fell with the debris that was falling.
she hit the ground hard, adn seemed to fade from existence afterward as well. By the time that Az came to he was alone in there, no Sierra, no mana, no nothing.

He was also still where he'd ended up hitting.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 01:43:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When Azazel stirred, he saw that the pit had widened... but he couldn't say anything for the mana within.

He looked around, before scrambling up to the edge of the pit, and looking around.

And he didn't see Sierra.

"Shit!" he cursed.

"SIERRA!" he called out.

"SIERRA, WHERE ARE YOU!?" he called out further.

He then paused, and looked back towards the pit.

"...don't tell me..." he mumbled, as he watched the pit intently.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.