Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Unlife Equation

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 04:02:00 )

She was silent as she walked down the road, kicking the odd stone. She was opting to walk home, mostly because she didn't have her licence, and also because she wanted some fresh air. Things had gotten to be far too out of hand and heated today, and she needed the time to calm down. So she was walking.

The road was empty, the sun was setting, and it was starting to snow. She didn't have anything on her arms, but that didn't matter. The cold didn't bother her, hadn't for a very long time. She had her music playing through her phone and through the earbuds that she had in her ears. She didn't know what all was going to happen, but she knew that her own emotions were still high, and the time alone, and the air, were helping.

Eventually, she came to a sinkhole in the road and just stopped at the edge, looking around. It was large, easily half an hour just to walk around it, which she knew she'd have to do, but there was a light down below, deep within the black depths. It drew her eye.

"The hell?" She wondered before shaking her head and starting to walk around it, figuring that the city would deal with this in the next day or so.

She was abotu halfway around before where she stepepd gave way beneath her. She tried to avoid falling, but it didn't take long before she fell into the depths, towards that wahtever in the middle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 04:45:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The two males sat in the den of the house, the younger one looking a bit impatient.

"...where is she?" he asked the older one.

"It's not like her to be this late." he said.

The older one sighed and looked over towards the younger one.

"I know." he replied. "But this isn't the first time she's been late without letting us know." he reminded him. "I'm sure she's fine." he added.

This didn't seem to quell the concerns of the younger one completely, but it had to the point where he wasn't verbally making a fuss about it any longer.

The older one then sighed again quietly, and looked out the window.

'Aedan, what IS going on...?' he thought. 'To be THIS late, without any warning? I can see why Cain's a bit worried...' he thought further, before shaking his head and getting up from his chair.

"I'm going to make sure the motion sensor for the front door light is working, just to make sure for when she DOES get home." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 04:50:15 )

It was hours later, long past sunset and encroaching on three am when the front door opened. She was trying to be quiet, but when she lost her footing and hit the endtable they had near the door for keys and the like, she knew that silence wasn't an option.

"Damit." She cursed before closing the door.

"Az?" She called into the darkness of the house. Her voice ... didn't sound like he knew though.

It sounded clearer. She didn't sound rough or gravelly before, but there was a definite crispness to her voice that hadn't been there previously.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:03:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was met with silence at first.

However... she then saw something in the darkness. She saw two glowing eyes looking right at her. The lighting in the home was non-existent, so the eyes were all that she saw.

And they did NOT look amused.

"You." a voice addressed her.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" he asked.

"You look like Aedan... somewhat... and sound like her... somewhat... but it's clear that you're different."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:09:02 )

She sighed lightly, and he could see her t rying to find the light switch. After a little bit of fumbling, she found it and flipped the light on, causing him to see... well, it looked like some teen was dressed as Aedan for a gag or something.

"Look. It is me." She said simply, her blue eyes locing onto his red ones.

"What time is it?" She asked as she ran a hand through her shor teal hair, dirt and soil falling from it as she did so.

"And I need a bloody shower."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:31:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Azazel was silent as he saw the woman before him.

"I..." he stammered.

He then stopped and closed his eyes, concentrating for a moment.

"...right." he then said.

"It's past 3am." he told her.

"And I... I know... I can sense your... soul." he then said.

"I know it's you, Aedan." he continued.

"But what in the ever living HELL happened to you!?" he then exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:38:22 )

"I..." Aedan started before shaking her head.

"Az... I have no idea." She told him honestly.

"I have... no recollection of... I don't even know how long." She then said with a light sigh.

"Anyway, I'm grabbing a bite to eat then heading to bed." She told him as she kicked her shoes off. There was one weird part of that though.

Her? Head to bed? Aedan... didn't ever need to sleep.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:59:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....wait, what?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, what?" he asked her.

"Head to bed? You? What!?" he exclaimed.

"The bite to eat, fine. You eat sometimes for the taste. But you don't sleep. You don't NEED to sleep." he continued.

"Aedan, something's... off... about you." he then told her.

"Even how you LOOK." he went on.

"ESPECIALLY how you look." he then corrected himself.

"Aedan, I... just... do me a favour. Look in the mirror of the downstairs bathroom here, okay?" he then asked of her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:01:30 )

Aedan just rolled her eyes before heading to the bathroom.

"Yeah yeah..." she muttered as she walked. When she stepped in, she flicked on the light and looked herself in the mirror. She stared for aboiu t aminute before sighing and stepping out.

". .. what's the problem? I'm covered in dirt, yeah, but I'm guessing that's not what you're getting at." She said as she approached. "So seriously Az. What's going on?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:31:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel's jaw almost dropped.

"....Aeden, you're ALIVE!" he exclaimed.

"You're living! You're a human! You're not a zombie!" he told her.

"Your soul isn't tethered to your body! It's residing in there! Like, legit residing in there, like a living being's soul does!" he continued.

"Your voice is clearer! It's crisper! There's life to it!" he told her further.

"THAT'S what's going on!" he went on.

"HOW are you not seeing this!? Or noticing this!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:33:15 )

Aedan was completely silent for a moment before sighing.

". . . Riiiiiight." She said simply.

"I know that you've been stressed, for whatever reason, but lay off of the acid and cocktails, hey?" She asked as she made her way to the kitchen.

"You're going to fry your brain if you don't!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:55:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....the hell?" Azazel muttered.

"Aedan, I'm serious." he then said.

"You just... I..." he stammered, before digging into his pocket, grabbing his phone, and looking through the picture gallery. He then found a pic of Aedan and Cain, and walked over towards her.

"Look!" he said, showing her the image.

"You clearly look different than in the photo." he commented.

"Aedan, how are you...? Why are you not...?" he started to ask further, before shaking his head.

"Aedan, what happened to you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 07:01:05 )

Aedan was completely silent before sighing.

"Nice Photoshop job." She said before turning her attention to finding something in the fridge

"seeing as I don't look like that, and I dunno who that is." She continued as she straightened up, pulling a bottle of juice out of the fridge.

"Az, what's going on? I mean... Hell. If course I'm alive. Should I seriously not be?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 07:24:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel dropped his phone when she said that. It crashed to the floor and almost broke.

But before Aedan could respond, Azazel's demon mana flared up, and he looked ready to kill her there and then.

"Now I KNOW you're not Aedan." he snarled.

"Not only do you not recognise yourself... how you're SUPPOSED to look... but you don't even recognise our SON!?" he exclaimed.

"Listen here, you lazy-ass shifter." he then said.

"You tell me what's happened with Aedan, and where she is, or else I will show you what Hell is like, and I will make sure you BEG for the torment to stop." he growled at her, the floor beneath him seeming like it was ready to crack and open, joining Hell and Earth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 07:26:09 )

"Whoa, Az!" Aedan exclaimed as she climbed up on the counter.

"The fuck? You're awfully testy tongiht." She then said before sighing.

"Look, I'm just gonna ... I dunno, I'll go stay in a motel or something." She said after a few seconds, sighing as she said that.

"I don't get what's going on, but honestly? I really don't want to deal with this. So... so I'll just leave. all right?" She asked before looking back to him from the floor.

"I... You know I'll leave if you just tell me to. You've but to say the word and I'm gone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 07:48:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just narrowed his eyes.

"You act like Aedan, you sound like her." he said.

"But you are NOT-" he started to say, before they heard Cain speak.

"What the!?" he exclaimed.

"Dad, what's going on!?" he asked Azazel.

"....Mom!?" he then exclaimed, seeing Aedan.

"Mom, what's happened? You look... really different." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 07:50:33 )

Aedan paused.

". . . mom...?" She asked before shaking her head.

"Look... I'm just... Obviously my being here is a problem." She said before hopping off of the counter and being careful to not step where there was hellfire starting to spout up.

"So I'm out of here." She said before managing to make her way around and past Azazel to the door, only to find Cain still in the way.

". . . are you going to keep me here?" She asked, glancing behind her at Azazel, something akin to honest fear in that movement.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 08:05:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Cain was silent as Aedan said what she did.

"I..." he stammered, before shaking his head.

"...Mom..." he said quietly.

"You... you don't know who I am, do you?" he asked.

"You don't recognise me, your own son, do you?" he asked further.

Azazel, meanwhile, had calmed down slightly, but was ready to attack.

For all he knew, this person was still a shifter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 08:08:21 )

". . . . should I?" Aedan asked, her voice honestly curious, and still otably frightened. She had no idea what it was that was going to happen next, and she wasn't entirely sure she could figure i tout herself.

"Look... I...." She started before just sighing.

"Can I please get past? I just... He's more than a little pissed, and I really don't feel the safest here." She admitted.

"I'll get out of the hair of both of you, and just... leave you alone. You won't see me again."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 08:24:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain's life was... shattered at that point.

There was this person before him... that looked a lot like his mother... sounded a lot like his mother... but she didn't know who he was. Was this his mother? If so, why had she forgotten about him?

What was going on? If this wasn't her, where was she?

What had happened?

He then stumbled over towards a wall, and gently slid down to his ass, trying desperately to hold himself together.

"...where is Aedan?" Azazel asked her.

"And why are you trying to pass yourself off as her, without going the full nine yards?" he asked her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.