Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion New Commons Discussion

Question: You love them?

• Yes!: 8 / 12 66%
    66% Votes
  • Duh!: 4 / 12 33%
    33% Votes
Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 02:35:17 )

@KDA Drew: those would be super cute! Maybe the upcoming Christmas event will have items like that?
@khadijacandy: sure cute ! <3

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 02:39:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Ooof, I had to buy the seal slippers for that much since that was before I donated. x__x I really like the reasonable prices on Voltra. It surprised me how easily I was able to collect all the items in just a few months.
Sorry about your friend’s mom. ): She sounded like an awesome parent.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 02:41:31 )

@Tsundererra: I quested those too! But in like 2010 so they were 400k!
Thank you. She passed in her sleep about 3 years ago. It was sad but she had Lupus :(

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 02:47:05 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Omg, that price increase is RIDICULOUS. A friend of mine gave me a halo in the beginning, and oh booooy, that inflated price by 2009 hurt my eyes. D:

Lupus sucks so bad. ): It’s good to see you were still keeping up with her and your friend after all of these years.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 03:02:45 )

@Tsundererra: Which Halo?
Yeah Faith is my bestie. I could never not be friends with her. It just sucks that she is still in FL and I’m in CA :(
@Pathologic: thank you for fixing it for me. I hope you vote in the poll. Lol

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 03:14:06 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Omg, was there more than one halo item? It was the original angel looking one. Gonna go see if I can vote in your poll now 👀

You’re such a friendly person. I lost touch with all my high school/middle school friends except for one. I hope your friend is doing well after losing their mom.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 03:30:38 )
the new items are really cute! i think the antlers are a nice addition ^_^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 04:34:41 )

@Tsundererra: You had an Angelic Halo, damn girl that's still the most exclusive and expensive item on Gaia.
I really only kept in touch with her. We are really good friends.

@Pathologic: Yay I'm glad. How's work been?

@misery: Yes they are! Super cute

@Alethna: RIP :vanora_sweat: I like the other batches I just think that this is a nice mix with a good theme. ^^; The Winged Anklets I'm weak for but that's because I'm an old-fashioned avatar site user. I think the pattern on the hats and socks are super cute and well done. The small details make them stand out. The mods seem like they rest on the face well. A request I've heard from some users is that they would love small commons that you can layer and layer. Think different kinds of bows, or ribbons, similar clothes but at different lengths. I feel like we could use more stuff on the bottom half of us that isn't just hosiery. (Although more of that is good too).

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 04:37:58 )

@totalanimefan: I really love the chihuahua!
and the beanie with pom poms
Perfect for the winter.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 04:41:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: It wasn’t that expensive or exclusive when I first joined. ;A; But ooooof, it was one of many reasons it hurt when my account got hacked. Kinda near impossible to start over and collect something like that.

Tbh, it takes a lot of work to keep up with others. It takes effort from both sides for it to happen, and I don’t think a lot of people are good at balancing something like that (myself included).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 04:46:31 )

@inatlaka: I thought of you when I saw the chihuahua. The Beanie is super cute. I already bought two.

@Tsundererra: Did you join in 2003? Oh that really sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. I would not get into Gaia again. The inflation is beyond crazy.
Yeah we sometimes go month's without speaking but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other. <3 It's hard to always stay in contact with people.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 04:47:59 )

@Alethna: Thank you. And please pass that on. ^^

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 05:01:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I joined like around 2003-2004. ;~; It’s why I got turned off from Gaia and all other avi sites for like a decade.
I got hints that Gaia is now on its last legs from all the newbies I’ve seen come on here mentioning how it’s pretty much a burning pile of garbage. Reaaaaally praying it closes for good.

That’s the relationship I have with my bestie from middle school, but it doesn’t seem to work well with a lot of other people because they think you’re angry at them if you stop talking to them. .__.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:17:58 )

@Tsundererra: Good friendships can overcome time and space. ^^
I wish that Gaia was like it used to be but I don't know if I want the current Gaia to shut down. Even though most of my friends haven't ever logged in this decade I would miss the site a lot. I don't know if Gaia users would venture into other sites?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 06:25:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oooh man, I liked the way Gaia was when I was a teenie bopper, but Voltra’s members and low key vibe definitely is more my thing now ‘cuz I’m old. xD

I want them to shut down because of the salt of how they handle people getting hacked. I’m sure people who haven’t been spurned like that wouldn’t want the site to close down, or wouldn’t have too strong an opinion either way. Plus you’ve seen a lot of other sites close down (I think), so you already knows how that feels.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 07:25:59 )

@Tsundererra: Oh I agree. Voltra is my jam. I just have a place in my heart for a Gaia that doesn't exist anymore. I know what it feels like for sure. I've been through a few.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 18:15:50 )

I will admit I am rarely all that into the common updates and this one wasn't much different, but I do really like the 'festive' color options on the hat and mittens. Might get some of those. And the chihuahua is an... interesting choice. Good to see more companions, even so I'm not a fan of "random item on your head" and I never would have guessed it was a chihuahua. I got no use for winged anklets or more tiny anime-ish mouths. The socks are aight. I appreciate more items with patterns on them. Antlers are fine, very "tacky Christmas" vibe but not in a bad way. The snowman stuff is unique compared to other stuff we tend to get in the body shop, but those coal eyes are the stuff of nightmares.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 20:55:00 )

I do wish the chihuahua would also have the option to stand next to you.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 07:58:13 )

@Uncledaddy: Thanks for the honest feedback and review. I'm sure the artists will like it.
What things would you like to see?
@inatlaka: That would be nice too. I thought that but I don't remember if I typed that out lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 16:59:39 )

@Totalanimefan: OK this is gonna be a long one, and I apologize in advance to anyone who may think it's harsh or especially negative, as I don't mean it to be. But these are my thoughts regarding what I'd rather see more of in updates and why:

My main complaint every common update is that it feels like we always get more of the same. I just want to see more variation in the types and styles of items we get. I know "feminine and anime or video game inspired" is the go-to for sites like this, so I may just be in the minority here, but it would be nice to get more things that step outside that box.

Hairstyles: I'd like to see some hair with a naturally curly or kinky texture, and a wider variety of styles and cuts. It feels like most of our hairstyles come down to variations of the same 3 looks: choppy mid-length hair with bangs, long silky hair with bangs, or pigtails with bangs. I feel like simple, common hairstyles are completely skipped over. For example, my own hair is very plain. It's just long, kind of center parted, nothing out of the ordinary, but the closest thing I can find in the shops... isn't really very close at all. This goes double for my friends with curly hair.

With facial features, again I feel like there's so much out there that isn't being touched on. We get a lot of big, feminine eyes and small, happy mouths. I'd love to see more facial features suited to less cutesy avatars, without jumping straight from "anime girl" to "wacky". Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having the sillier and more unusual options like the snowman stuff and the cartoony expressions, but I would appreciate some more variety among the normal facial features, like different sizes and shapes of eyes and noses, different expressions for eyes, mouths, and eyebrows, more variation in things like lips and teeth, maybe other features like different types of freckles, cheekbones, chin dimples, etc.

And for the love of god, facial hair. I am dying for more facial hair. We have 2, not including the more out-there ones we get sometimes in donation and event items. I wouldn't mind getting an entire common update of just beards, mustaches, chops, and varying degrees of stubble or shadow--and body hair would also be loved. Though in the interest of having more variety in an update, that brings me to my next suggestion...

Makeup. We don't get much of that, either, which kind of surprises me all things considered. I'd love more things like eye shadows, face paints, different shapes and contours to give the face a different look. Both more "normal", everyday types and more unique fantasy or costume types would be appreciated. (But I hope we don't skip over the normal, everyday stuff in favor of only fantasy stuff.)

Clothing is pretty much the same deal: I just wanna see more of a variety in styles and types of items. I would really like some more shirts that aren't either button-up, crop top, or off-the-shoulder. We have a lot of skinny jeans/pants, but not as much for those of us who like things more loose. I'd love to see some cargo shorts, baggy jeans, things with patterns or embellishments, rips, zippers, chains, etc. A simple sweater that doesn't have a turtleneck or a hood would be nice, too. And I'd love more jackets and vests like biker jackets, cut-off vests, etc.

In accessories, I love that we recently got a decal that can be placed over shirts. I wouldn't mind seeing more like that, with different styles, images, words, etc. It would go a long way toward broadening our clothing options and making the avatars a little more... lifelike. Aside from that, I find myself wondering why we don't have a plain pair of gloves. I'd like to see that happen, along with different styles of glasses and sunglasses, and I'm dying for some beanies/knit caps without the little puffball. Pocket chains, headbands and head scarves, simple necklaces and pendants... a cummerbund or waist sash without any long dangly parts. Some flowers would be nice. But I could do without any more bows for a good long while. :'^|

I'd also love to see some body mods, and I don't mean arm and leg poses (though if those were ever to enter the common shops, that would be great too). Things like stretched ears, horn implants, split tongues, and a wider variety of piercings and tattoos. And in a similar vein, scars of varying types, sizes, and locations would be greatly appreciated, as well. So would more cuts and scrapes and bruises and blood and smudges and smears and dirt and just generally things that are of the less "pristine and sparkly" variety in general.

And like I mentioned earlier, I like that we got another companion item. I'd love to see more items that aren't just clothing/accessories/part of the avatar's body. Both pets and handheld items alike, as well as things like background elements. I would love to see a bigger variety of pets, like some birds or bugs or reptiles, more dogs, maybe a guinea pig or a ferret... and more actual pigs 'cause you can never have too many pigs. But that's just my opinion. A coffee mug (you know, without the tea thing dangling out of it) would be most excellent. So would pretty much all manner of household items and other things that can be used to "set the scene" and keep our avatars from standing awkwardly in space doing nothing. Gimme a bottle, a can, a potted plant, a bag of groceries, a banjo, a bag of cat food, some weights, a hairbrush, a coat draped over my arm, a lawn gnome?? anything to bring a little life and "action"!

Honestly, I could fill a book with suggestions, but there's my feedback. I tried to keep it mostly non-specific while still giving examples and suggestions for the type of things I'd like to see.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.