Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Yay I finally made it to the top posters XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 13:02:03 )

@inatlaka: ... and, btw, I'm really proud of you and happy for you that you claimed that spot on the list!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 19:15:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@inatlaka: <3 <3 <3

@Wildfire: Heeeeey! It does feel like it’s been a while. Work and family has drained me last week, so it’s been a while since I’ve posted around. D’x How have you been?

You know, if you both keep bumping, you’ll both make it in the top spots (unless it’s already happened and I am so out of the loop x__x).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 19:25:32 )

@Tsundererra: I'm good. Busy and a bit drained myself (better so far this week), so I understand. It's good to "see" you. Yes, we'll both make it to the top spots soon if we haven't already (I haven't looked. I'm not paying that much attention to it).

Are you ready for the holidays?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 19:56:26 )
@inatlaka: yesss congrats!!!!

@tsundererra: IM ZAPPING THE TSUN TSUN >:)

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 20:29:39 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: It always feels like the couple of weeks before Christmas is always busy for everyone, and I don’t even celebrate Christmas. xD But I am excited to finally be able to rest after this week. I don’t have any plans for Christmas (besides sleeping and being on here for the event if it starts then). I’m going to spend New Year’s Eve at my parent’s though, and I got tickets to see the new Star Wars on opening night. Do you have any holiday plans?

I always forget to check the posting statistics too because it’s so far down on the bottom of the page. )x

@Kairu: WHY ARE YOU ZAPPING ME?! That is Tsun abuse! D: That’s a high crime in Voltra.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 20:42:06 )

@Tsundererra: That's true - somehow these couple of weeks are busy for everyone, regardless (whether you have a specific set of beliefs to follow or not, or whether or not you celebrate anything at all). It's kinda weird. I too am looking forward to resting after this week-ish. We do a low-key the secular version of the holiday with gifts, and lounge around in PJs, snacking on junk (mostly) and watching movies or playing games most of the day. I still need to figure out the food situation because we will do some kind of "dinner", but it's more casual than not and I'd rather think about it now than later.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 20:54:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: I think the ending of the year goes into the busy factor too. I work at a University, and all the students just finished finals, so now we’re trying to close up the semester and prep for the next one.

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to celebrate a Christmas like that. It sounds like such a good time! I usually clean the house on Christmas Day since I can’t go out anywhere. ToT
Do you decorate a tree and outside of your home around this time as well? :3
When I was working overseas, I got asked a lot what Americans ate for Christmas dinner (a lot of people in that country assume we eat KFC on Christmas), and I always BS’d my answer because I didn’t know.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 21:31:05 )

@Tsundererra: I like a low-key Christmas and it can be a lot of fun, or just really mellow and relaxing, depending on the game(s) or movie(s). I still spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up, but it's mostly in spurts as folks get hungry - or lately, I've been making them cook or get out the food!

I have done a full dinner for the holiday that resembled more what most people think of as a Thanksgiving-type dinner, but it was just too much to manage everything when the kids were little. Dinner this year is probably going to be cornish hens thrown in the crockpot, a sweet potato and apple baked casserole thing (super easy), and maybe a salad or some type of other veggie. Otherwise, we'll be snacking on mini-quiches, crackers & cheese type things. Maybe I'll devil some eggs. And cinnamon rolls in the morning.

People in which country think Americans eat KFC for Christmas??? That's just soooo weird to me - (but I haven't eaten KFC in long time)!!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 21:35:27 )
@Tsundererra: only the Kairu can legally zap the Tsunness OuO
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 21:57:43 )

@wildfire: Thanks woooo
@kairu: Thanks

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 21:58:52 )

@wildfire: you and I both will be there woot woot

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 22:06:27 )

@Tsundererra: And yes, we usually put up a tree and decorate outside, but it's minimal.

@inatlaka: Yes we will. And soon too! <3

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 22:08:46 )

::does the robot dance::
@wildfire:

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 00:12:35 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Omg, you should invite everyone over to your house for Christmas, your low-key dinner sounds so fancy. xD People better be helping you out if you ask them to so you can relax for a bit too. Will everyone be getting their own Cornish hen? :3 They’re definitely less of a pain to make than a big thing of turkey, but oooof, they can be pricey if you have a lot of people.
It’s Japan that thinks KFC is Christmas food. xD They even sell special boxed meal packages on Christmas Eve. Another thing they think we do is eat Christmas cake (which is regular cake decorated in a Christmas theme, not a fruitcake which I initially thought), but I’m not sure if that one is wrong or not. x__x I know they kinda do that in France, so maybe that’s where that’s from?
Btw, if you ever plan on vacationing to Japan during Christmas, I do not recommend doing their KFC/Christmas cake thing. I got sick for a whole week. T~T

@Kairu: Omg, when did they change the Tsun abuse rules?! D’: The Tsun is a fragile soul who will explode with too many zaps.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 01:00:39 )

@Tsundererra: We usually cut the hens in half... it's enough, especially when combined with other things. It's a nice change of pace from turkey or chicken. And yes, my husband at least, helps out in the kitchen and with dishes. LOL at Japan and the whole KFC / Christmas cake thing! Too funny! Thanks for the heads up... if I'm ever in Japan over the holidays, I'll be sure to skip that "meal"!!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 01:07:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: That’s actually pretty smart to cut them in half. My fam tried the individual Cornish hen for a Thanksgiving years ago, and it felt like it was too much. x__x I was also pretty bad with eating a lot of the heavier side dishes like mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.
Omg, your boys should help out with the dishes too! xD But it is nice of your husband to help out near the end. It sucks to be tired from all that cooking, and then having to deal with all the piles of dishes afterwards.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 01:11:32 )

@Tsundererra: Yes, the boys help out too, but I usually have to twist their arms a little bit - especially on Christmas when they're more interested in whatever gadgets they just got. I intentionally do this type of Christmas so that it's not as demanding on me - or on anyone, really. By this time of year, I'm ready for that "end of year break"!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 01:28:03 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: I don’t blame them for wanting to play around with whatever presents they got. xD I remember that feeling when I was a kid at my birthday parties. Plus, they must be happy about getting a break from school too.
I hope you and your fam have a great Christmas and winter break this year. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 01:31:28 )

@Tsundererra: thank you. I hope you enjoy your non-holiday 😆
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.