Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm new to diet exercise, what tips would you have?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 20:12:47 )

I'm not overweight by much at all. I jumped 20 lbs this year after getting a birth control implant in my arm. I'm still a "twig" that people dont think needs any exercise or dieting. But I notice more than anyone that my belly has become significantly more wiggly than before, and my stamina is at a lower level

I already have an active lifestyle but I'm gaining more than I work off and my nutrition is lacking, so I feel I need to create a new balance.
I've been working on cutting down soda, I was overdoing that anyways. And I've started doing 20 sit ups per day.

What are some good exercises that can be done at home like that?
What are exercises that you do, if any, to increase or maintain your health?
Also good food habits while on a low budget

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 21:09:57 )

You can do any of the following at home:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 21:15:33 )

@Jolly: A big one would be don't eat anything 2-3 hours before bed. Even if you are hungry. Eating right before sleep before you can burn off those calories just stores them as fat.
Water is good, but if you are missing that soda feeling you could buy yourself sparking or flavored sparking waters. When you want soda you can reach for that instead. I also really like tea, there are different flavors and you can make them hot or cold, with honey or sugar or plain. I find that the higher quality the tea the less sweetener you need and the better it tastes.
During your work breaks try to go for a walk. I know it's winter and sometimes you can't but even going up and down the stairs in your building is good to do.
Veggies aren't very many calories but they can be hard to make well. I never buy canned veggies, only fresh or frozen. The canned ones taste awful. Most fresh veggies are great roasted with salt and seasons but youtube has tons of recipes.
As for frozen I only microwave it and then add salt and butter, and maybe something like old bay. It's great for sweet corn <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 23:05:24 )

@Bioshock: I’m in the same boat. I’m thin, but I used to be thinner and I don’t want to be unhealthy.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 23:15:46 )

@Bioshock: Yeah. I'm 28 and I'm in the same boat. I know I can do it though because I few years I was about 15 lbs heavier and I was like oh hell no, then I made myself give up the cookies, and workout more. XD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 23:28:12 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Jolly: Cutting back on soda and juice should help you lose 15-20lbs a year. While exercise is important, what you eat is just as important so try to see if there are any changes you can make there (maybe with portions, cutting back on prepackaged or fried stuff, eating more veggies and proteins, etc.)

Another helpful thing is to try to do more strength workouts instead of cardio. Even strengthening your core would be helpful. I used to have a personal trainer years ago, and they told me that building muscles will help your body burn off fat even when you’re not working out, and it should help you feel more energetic.

Good luck trying to find what works for you, and helps you feeling good about yourself again. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/8 23:43:23 )
just try to be active for like 30 mins to 1 hour a day =O you can go for a walk...... just never ever do situps if your new to exercise! if youre a woman it is an really destrucktive exersise for your pelvic floor
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 00:36:21 )

I'm already active for about half the day every day, so yeah I think it is mainly food related and my metabolism is a little lower probably cause of the implant.
also realizing I used to stick to the "no eating within 2 hours from bed time" but lately I've not been, since my schedule has been so chaotic this year. that might play a decent factor!
Also need to do more exercises focused on abdominal muscles probably. My current lifestyle is all arms/legs/back muscles but I'm always relaxing my belly muscles.

thanks for the tips you guys :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:15:25 )
Remember you don't even need to exercise to lose weight! Just take in less calories and you will be fine. I like to drink water and eat nuts that are high in unsaturated fat. What matters are the calories!
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:55:52 )

I love doing some yoga. You can find basic youtube video and it helps so much overall. Afterward I always feel like a new person. XD

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 02:57:16 )
@koneko: it’s always good if more people say the same thing. It sounds more credible that way.
@Jolly: normally it’s 3+ hours before bed but baby steps. I won’t eat past 9pm. Even it I end up staying awake until like 2am. Lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 03:12:15 )

The trouble is I don't get home until after midnight sometimes
Like I'll get up at 7am for class, go to work after there, eat a little before my shift if possible
then I get off work at 1130-1230 and eat before I sleep by 1 or 130
on those days I dont eat enough at all, and what I DO eat is unhealthy junk and unhealthy timing. but then on my days when I'm home for half the day I'll munch a lot. especially since snacking on small things helps me focus on studying

I think my problem is everything I do, tbh
only thing I do right is being physically active
I guess dieting is more important, but I also wanted to focus on exercises that specifically focus on abdominal muscles. my other muscles are already constantly worked.
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 07:53:37 )

@Jolly: yeah I know the feeling. When I worked retail it was the same. And I was like well I gotta eat.
One step at a time you know. Just one change will probably make a small difference.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 20:02:05 )

@Jolly: Drink more water. A lot of the time we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty and dehydrated. Being dehydrated makes you sleepy and less energetic too. Eat a lot of non-starchy veggies and salads. You can always do the 7-minute workout, and variations on that theme - there are a whole bunch of "quick" workouts posted on the web if you just do a search. There's yoga and pilates and workout videos online too, if you want to go that route... you can play them on your computer or phone while you work out along with them. Or, just make a point of going for a walk every day. That alone is said to help quite a bit for "keeping in (relative) shape"!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.