Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Late night on a Saturday

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 09:18:38 )

I remember when I was younger and on Gaia I used to stay up so late and chat with whoever was online and it was a good time.
So, what are you up for tonight Volties? Let's make some memories.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:01:12 )

I guess I posted this too late and people are already asleep

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:08:02 )

@kiwi: lol I'm glad I got a laugh out of you.
I'm good a little tired, my husband is playing Shenmue III. What about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:13:49 )

@kiwi: I am resting on the couch while posting lol. We will go to sleep soon.
Aw your ear hurts? What's wrong with it?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:21:10 )

@kiwi: It's 1:20am in CA right now.
That really sucks. Is it time to lay down with a bad of frozen peas as your pillow?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:24:46 )

@kiwi: Oh hey, I didn't know that we were in the same time zone, or that you lived there. Have you always lived there? What's it like?

Oh hot water is a good idea. I come from a hot place so growing up we always used something cold. It's probably too cold in Idaho to use frozen peas lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:40:38 )

@kiwi: If you live in Boise a lot of people have been moving there recently. I hope that you can survive the winter lol

Nah, I live in northern CA. I'm from Florida. That's why I'm used to it always being hot and honestly I kinda liked it that way, even though in the summer it was too hot if you weren't at the beach.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:58:39 )

@kiwi: People are moving there because they cannot afford CA ad other states on the west coast ^^;

Northern CA is nothing like South FL. CA is so dry and it rarely rains and the temp difference between day and night is huge. FL is always hot even in winter it would be 75 with a light breeze. Humid, rains a ton.
N CA also isn't really like LA, it gets cold here. I live kinda by SF. It's 44 outside atm and it's going to be in the low 50's next week for the high and low 30's at night (I think that's a huge temp difference)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 10:59:12 )

Oh sorry I moved here in 2015 for my husband's job

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 11:07:28 )

@kiwi: Wow those prices are so cheap. I can see why you moved.

I like FL more but I know that I'm mostly alone in that opinion. Most people would gladly live in the climate I live in now. Yes, about a 2 hour car drive south of SF is the beginning of the north. LA is a 6 hour car drive away from SF with no traffic.

My husband works in tech for a very big tech company, that's why we moved to Silicon Valley. It's expensive AF to live here though ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 11:08:10 )

I'm off to bed. I enjoyed chatting with you and getting to know you better <3

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 14:08:43 )

i used to stay up really late too because it was the most quiet and i can concentrate on drawing |D
    now i can't stay up past 1am but i auto wake up early 😭

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 19:58:58 )

@pachi: yeah my body likes to wake up early event if I womenfolk to bed late I guess it’s not a bad thing.

@kiwi: do you work in Washington state?
Oh I used to live about a 2 hour car drive south of Orlando (Disney) to be honest I liked the weather better where I lived instead of Disney. It’s in land and not on the coast so the summers are much hotter. It gets above 100 a lot there but where I lived it was mostly in the high 80’s during the summer.
Yeah where I live in semi-dessert too and it was pretty hard to get used to. I have to drink way more water than I ever did in FL. Rain is good. Lol

Yeah the state is huge. It kinda bugs me when people are like I’m coming to LA can you come and see me and I’m like I’m a 5 hour drive (with no traffic) away from LA.
Or like my sister moved to San Diego after I already moved to CA and they were like you can see each other and I was like no. It’s a 8 hour car drive. Like do you just go from south FL to SC all the time? No.
Look on a map smh lol

Yeah my one bedroom is $3300 a month. FML
That’s why I kinda want to move near where Tsun and Queen of Trash live. My husband and I like the DC area. We go at least once a year. It’s not a cheap area but we feel it’s a much better value and we like the options for transportation and the city is much cleaner than where we live. It’s not without it’s issues but I feel like we can handle them. The only thing is that there is currently no company office there but I have a feeling that there will be one there soon since Amazon, Google and FB all of offices there. So his company better get a move on so they don’t miss out on talent in that region.

Also all of my family lives on the east coast in PA and FL. So we would be closer. And all of his family lives in England.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 19:59:22 )

lol sorry I wrote you an essay

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 22:36:10 )

@kiwi: I've never driven in the snow. I would not want too, but the roads being clear would put my mind at ease.

I lived in a small town of 15k people. There wasn't crowding ^^; But like no one knows the name of where I'm from.
Florida I think is much hotter than LA in general. LA does get hot though.

Yeah I don't think that people realize how big places are. Like look at a map sometime haha
I haven't been to anime expo because that thought of driving down there in all that traffic is just like ugh. If there was a proper train to LA I would take it and it would be a lot. It would be a lot easier for my to meet my sister since to LA it's only a 3 hour drive from hers.

I live an hour south of SF, but it's a big city that people recognize. I live in the suburbs. I wish that I could afford to live somewhere a little more city-like. I have to drive everywhere and I hate that. I like being able to walk places. Sometimes my husband and I walk to the mall that's a mile away. Not that I live in SF, but there is what rent looks like there.
Here

My husband's job does pay well, and he loves it. Or we never would have moved here. It was great for both of our careers. He doesn't want to leave the company because they treat him really well and the company is good. They just opened a flagship store in DC so I would imagine they are thinking about getting a corporate office there. I think it would be dumb not to.
We do miss family although we aren't super close with either side. Do you remember when we went to England a few weeks ago? That was the first time we were back since 2013. So it had been way too long but the flight from CA to England is just like F me it's a long flight.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 22:44:46 )

And sorry about the last reply. I was it right away but I was also watching 101 Dalmations ^^; Plus the time it took the write the reply.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 00:23:41 )

@kiwi: That's pretty scary to me, I hope that you were ok. Then again I've been in hurricanes but at least there you won't freeze to death.

Yeah Jacksonville which is the top is FL as about as north with San Diego which is on the border with Mexico. Luckily with rain it doesn't stay flooded for that long because our dirt is really just sand lol
I felt like it was a really small town. There wasn't much do it just the beach, which is super nice but like just the beach when you are a teen is not much to do. ^^; The shock was more FL to England (I lived there for two years first) it taught me how easy it can be to live without a car if you build a city around people and not cars. My mom would be like don't drink and drive and I was like no student drives here and they couldn't afford it anyway and she is like you better not and I'm like OK BUT NO ONE HAS A CAR WHAT ARE WE GONNA STEAL ONE?!
I like living in a place that feels more vibrant but the traffic really really does suck here. And honestly the price of living is too high. I don't understand how people have kids here (not that we want them). A lot of people live in their cars or an RV because they can't afford rent. Min wage in my city is $15 an hour but you still can't afford those prices at $15 an hour. It's like $60 an hour needed to afford that.

Thanks. Maybe 2020 or 2022 will be kind to us, or maybe his job will say that you can live anywhere (from home) that would be cool. -agirlcandream-
It was nice to see them again. It won't be that long hopefully until we see them again. If we lived on the east coast it would cut the flight almost in half. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 04:00:01 )

@strawberry: I don’t mind that it is your other account lol
I don’t know man snow and ice sounds worse haha
Yeah I went to university in England and I lived there for two years.
Let me just get drunk and steal the car. But then again she never said don’t steal the car. Just don’t drink and drive so if I was sober I wouldn’t get in trouble? 🤔
Yeah a free bus sounds great. When I was in DC I rode a free bus and it was wonderfully Air Conditioned!

Yes. You will often see like 8 cars to a house or people just living in their cars in general. It’s bad.
I wish that more people had the option of working from home. Now only is it awesome but it’s better for the environment. Not as many people driving their cars on the road 10 times a week.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 07:52:32 )

@strawberry: I already can’t wait until spring. I’m trying to be good and not think that until after the holidays though.
I studied in the north of England and my major was Japanese.
Cheap/free public transportation is the way of the future.
That’s crazy. Why does your sister have a commute like that? It’s not good for her :( I can understand a little bit because my commute at my last job was 45 mins on way. I like to keep it to 30 mins and under.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.