Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I watched the Lion King remake finally

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:34:12 )
Gotta say, I hated it lol

I knew the CG was going to be less than amazing but the voice acting really disappointed me. There was like so emotion in it at all. Also, if they kept James Earl Jones why couldn't they keep Jeremy Irons??

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:48:55 )

I thought that Irons had pasted away? Maybe I’m wrong.
I love the Lion King. It’s my favorite movie but I didn’t want to see it messed up like this :(

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:54:22 )
@Totalanimefan: James Earl Jones (Mufasa) did a while ago. Irons is still alive, he's in HBO's Watchmen series. The guy they had doing Scar's voice just couldn't live up to Irons.

It's a sad day when Seth Rogan is the most believable part of any movie lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:58:52 )

@Lobsel Vith: oh my bad lol
Oh wow he was the best? That sucks. :/

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:01:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I had to Google it when I watched because I couldn't remember if he was alive or not lol

But yeah, Timon and Pumba were the best bit.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:02:02 )

@Lobsel Vith: why did we both think he was dead? Who was Timon?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:05:18 )
@Totalanimefan: Billy Eichner, I didn't recognize him until I looked him up, he does voices for Bob's Burgers.

They really shortened Scar's song and limited the imagery, I was most disappointed in that part.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:07:45 )

@Lobsel Vith: oh cool. I wouldn’t have known him just based off his name.
I heard that his song wasn’t really a song anymore, more of a chant thing

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:11:20 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah pretty much. They really neutered the character. I get that maybe they wanted it to be less...traumatic for young audiences, but it was just bland lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:15:04 )

@Lobsel Vith: yeah and the uncanny valley is real in this movie!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:17:53 )
@Totalanimefan: even real lions emote more than the lions in this movie did lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:23:36 )

@Lobsel Vith: haha sick burn

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:53:06 )

I was disappointed in this film too. If you are gonna steal every good shot and just neuter everything else what is the point. I do agree timon and pumba were better than the original, zazu did a passable job, scar tried his best, he has a good voice but I think the shoes were just too big to fill, especially when they cut his song, which was supposed to be his shining moment. The only good thing that came from this movie is just me appreciating the original more.

In short, I feel like this movie was just made to show off their big budget, realistic CGI effects and lost the heart and soul of what made the original great in the process.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 02:01:59 )
@Saeyra: I agree with all of that. Scar was just so...blah. I didn't feel the jealous rage lol

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 02:07:39 )

this movie had no life to it lol... some things should just not be made into ~realistic~ cgi

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 02:08:04 )

@Lobsel Vith: I also think they did a good job at making something new with the sequence for "I just can't wait to be king" I just wish the whole movie was as creative as that. It feels like they stuck way too rigidly to the original and just came up short on almost every aspect.

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 03:27:41 )

Why is Rowan Atkinson not Zazu??

Disney out here to ruin the best movies.
Have you watched the new Lady and the Tramp?

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 03:34:56 )

@Peachy: I just watched the trailer and am already horrified XD I am not sure if I wanna go watch it in full. Is it good?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 03:36:55 )

I always thought it looked pretty bad, but I was gonna give it a chance just out of curiosity... until I heard their version of "Be Prepared". Then I saw a clip of the Mufasa death scene. wtf is going on over there disney are u ok because holy heck those clips are BAD. Just... everything I've seen about this has been awful.

AKA Count Trashula

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 03:48:20 )

@Uncledaddy: I always cry at the cartoon Mufasa death scene but while watching the live action I did not feel a thing.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.