Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Do some people ever just... Annoy you?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 06:57:21 )
Okay, the title sounds crazy, but I wanted to know if anyone else ever feels the same about anyone in their life.

So there's this person, and I RPed with them on and off for years. We RP well, but in terms of OOC, ugh. In reading the messages they send, most of it's fine. But they always have this one little line that throws in the controlling feeling when it comes to chatting, or they state the status of something presumptuously and it just... It like the same reaction I get to hearing nails on a friggin chalkboard. My teeth grind, jaw clenches, and my chest gets tight and all I wanna do is like, absolutely hop into a human shredder and be done with it.

I should state, only 2 people have ever gotten this reaction out of me in my life. And the other person I've managed to eventually avoid, but this person always pops back up. And initially, it's like, oh they seem cool now. 5 messages in, there it is.

It's that little tone in how they write things, the wording they use that just... pushes that button. And no matter how I mentally prepare myself or my breathing exercises it just, sets that tone for every interaction following.

Does anyone else have this experience? Or am I just nuts?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 17:11:54 )

It's hard to say without knowing exactly what is being said, however usually responses like this are caused by some previous event or events that cause you to be wary of it. It may help to analyze why you feel the way you do about whatever is being said. If this person is someone you otherwise get along with and you know them well enough to know they mean you no harm, it may be something you can talk about with them and explain what you're feeling and why. That part is optional and situational. Sometimes just understanding why you feel a certain way can help.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 19:03:56 )

Yes I’ve felt that way about people before. Don’t ignore your gut feeling. Talk to this person about it and let them know how you feel. They might not know that they are coming off this way. If they do know then it’s time to walk away.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 19:56:04 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Oh yeah it got to the point where I, the only one who really could tolerate them, was complaining about them

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 22:59:21 )
@Totalanimefan:

I don't. I just... ugh. Plus there are some times when they don't have to say anything. It sounds so bitchy and mean but it's just like, see them, and nope tf out of there.

@Kitalpha Hart:

I feel this, on a whole other level. then I feel bad for complaining all the time.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 23:19:57 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Scribartz: I crossed paths with one of them several years later. She's gotten somewhat better, from what I can tell, but according to her, her sister (the other one), has gotten worse
If that's true...oof

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 23:36:18 )
@Kitalpha Hart: Some people... I honestly think there's a bit of a chemical reaction or a vibe. Idk, but you can be civil, and clench your teeth, but they always annoy you. xD
One of the people I mainly am talking about seems to be better. Who knows, we shall see. The other like, i tried talking with her about it. She pouted for literally 45 minutes in front of one of my friends. I was so embarrassed. Like you're and adult, stop it. (Note, i didn't talk with her about it in front of the friend, but in private. the pouting happened after. in a public place. UGH)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 01:28:52 )

@Scribartz: I get it. You don’t own them anything. Is they aren’t good to you, you don’t have to stick around.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 01:33:36 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Scribartz: first one may or may not have improved
Second one probably won't until it bites her in the ass, and even then it's a crapshoot

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 02:37:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Exactly. Lol. Just wish I knew what it was about them.

@Kitalpha Hart: Dude, low key I know it's awful but when people have instant Karma, I know it's bad but I laugh.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 04:17:11 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Scribartz: some people deserve the whiplash of theirs catching up to them

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 05:14:55 )
Sometimes its not what people say, but the vibe that they give off. I like to believe that there's a reason my mind naturally wants to avoid certain people while I can put up with others. There's just something about them and gods know what, but do I really want to find out

Dunno if vibes from typing are a true feel, but maybe its just something like that (plus what they're saying is simply annoying). Its relateable!
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 15:18:06 )
@Scribartz: I've had that feeling before... and it's usually right. If I let it go for too long, ignoring that instinct and that rather visceral reaction, it just gets worse and worse. First, I tell you that you're not the only one. And secondly, if you have't already, I suggest that you limit your interactions with this person. Good luck.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.