Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts honeyglazed ★

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 04:33:17 )

helloooooooo

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 04:34:20 )
Howdy howdy. :D How was your day?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 18:14:25 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

v grey n groggy todayy

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 18:55:38 )

Same here xvz.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:29:39 )

any plans or stuff you’re looking forward to this weekend? ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:30:09 )

i’m gonna try to do another art piece today , andd i’m thinking maybe tmr i’ll repot a plant or two :0

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 20:12:02 )

Not really. I have a code challenge/project thing that's going to take up most of my free time that's for a job interview. Which is why it sucks so hard that I feel so crappy today because I have to get done by Monday and I usually don't have any free time on Sundays between all the chores and such.

I hope your art piece and repotting goes well!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 20:36:23 )

ahh been there lol , i hate how much time/effort they take up i hope it goes well!!
i wish i timeboxed more when i did them, it was pretty painful for me to be putting in all that time and energy into unpaid work
hope you can find a little time at night to enjoy yourself and relax!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 20:36:57 )

and tyy :3 i've been taking screenshots of tv/movies , excited to start using them a references for art pieces from imagination :0

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:02:32 )

Yea I feel you about the putting in unpaid work.
Thankfully this one shouldn't have been too bad. I just ended up in a bad place this weekend that made it hard for me to work on mentally. D|

Oooo that's sounds cool. I have a whole pinterest board of 'things I want to draw' the irony being I hardly ever use it to draw things. looool. Although... I was thinking about doing adopts in the near future. It would be a good place to start for that.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:02:57 )

@moif: @pachi

Okay I grabbed some actual tube watercolors and watercolor paper from the store. I did this.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:04:40 )

@crystalkitsune85:
omg
that's fricken amazing. Beautiful. HOW.
You must be exceptionally patient. I'm so bad at doing no whitespace flowers like that because I'm not patient enough to let the paint dry so the petals would just all blend together.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:09:01 )

I really don't know XD. I guess I took what skills I knew from acrylic painting and added it that. I know like watercolor is supposed to be more saturated, and I might do a piece that is lighter and more flowy, but I usually do good roses, so I started with that.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:14:44 )

Nah watercolor doesn't have to be super saturated. If anything I tend to go really heavy on pastel's when I do watercolor but pastels are definitely my aesthetic.

For reference this is what my watercolor roses look like loooool:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbQE93nL7o/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:20:53 )

Those are nice. They are very stencil-like. Much more something you'd as a watercolor than what I did lol

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:22:04 )

"loose florals" is usually the term for doing it that way. But it's definitely not the only style. I've seen plenty of people doing more like what you're doing with it. It just takes more patience, like I said before.

Creme and Sugar - A One Slot Bribe Shop

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:32:07 )

Oddly enough I usually don't have a lot of patience lol. Well for some things I guess. Plus, I went over basically with a flat red, then did the shadows, then went over with red again to underpaint, then added the high lights and blended them in.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:32:35 )

omg! everyone's watercolor roses look so good :-D

crystal how did u get the saturation like that :0 do you wait for it to dry each time before you go over it again? or is watercolor from the tube just more opaque to begin with?
(the only watercolors i've used are like the cheap watercolor puck sets from like the dollar store)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:33:56 )

moif i hope you're able to get in a better mental space <3

pinterest board is a great idea! what kinds of things do you have saved? :3

i've been saving things to an art inspo folder on my computer + pasting screenshots into a note
i think there are better ways to do it though Lol pinterest board sounds like the way to go!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:35:44 )

@xvz: I got tubes of watercolor which are more of a liquid paint rather then a dry disk. So you add the water to it to thin it out. Two methods, add water to the page, then the color and spread it around, or put in the thick color, and then wet the brush to spread it around. I covered the whole rose with solid color, then darkened the red to make shadows, put those on, then when it dried, went back over the whole thing with slightly saturated red, and then lined the other side with white and blended it in on the edges.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.