Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/2 17:58:48 )
A bell playfully chimed as Vontell stepped through the doors of Joyful Jamboree, completely disarming him for the sight of chaos he was stepping into. The shelves of prizes were completely disorganized, products spilled and strewn across the floor, and in the midst of it all was one very angry cashier. Virgil leaned against the counter, fingers rubbing his temples as he sighed from the sound of the bell, grumbling under his breath, "Just leave the skulls or candy or whatever on the counter and go."
"Ah, I apologize for interrupting, but I'm not a customer. It's Vontell, I was hoping to have a moment of your ti-"
"Pass," the artist cut him off, finally opening his eyes to glance up at the other man, "You'd think their stupid fight would cancel this stupid holiday but no, it's only got everyone more worked up than ever. It's been a constant in and out flood of their rabid followers all day," rolling his eyes, Virgil looked over the state of his sister's store and scowled, "And even after all that, I still need to clean this disaster up. They've been in here grabbing things like animals. I just want this day to be over, I don't have the time for this."
Sensing that Virgil's mood being even more sour than usual, Vontell offered him a warm and patient smile, "I have some time to spare, allow me to tidy up the store while you take a well deserved break... How does that sound?"
Eyeing him suspiciously, Virgil eventually relented with a sigh, "Sure. Knock yourself out."
Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/2 17:59:16 )
Virgil seems to be in a worst mood than usual, which is saying something!
And it's no surprise, given the current state of Joyful Jamboree.
Maybe helping him clean up will get him into the mood to talk.
Stock the items on the shelf by matching the correct numbers and letters.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 15 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Sour Candy will be added to Joyful Jamboree.
All participants in this thread will be granted a free Sour Candy tomorrow at noon. (Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)
Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/2 18:00:41 )
With the shop looking spick and span, Vontell nodded pride before hearing Virgil return from the backroom, "What do you think?"
Looking it over, Virgil sighed with a shrug, "Yeah it's alright. Thanks I guess..." Vontell could tell by his tone that the well needed break was enough to calm Virgil to his usual sardonic state, and smiled from the response. Seeing the smile, Virgil frowned slightly, resting his chin in the palm of his hand, "Alright. Why'd you come here?"
"Ah... I was actually hoping to have the opportunity to exchange a few words with you... I've been investigating what caused this fight between Trick and Treat, and I've been informed you were the artist behind the statue. Is this correct?"
"Ugh......." Virgil groaned in annoyance as he scowled, "Don't remind me. Do you know how long I worked on that piece? Hours and hours of work for what? For nothing. Nah, forget that. It's worse than nothing. For this whole disaster to take place... You're a writer, right? Here's my advice: don't compromise your morals for commission work. Doesn't matter how much they're paying, it's not worth it."
Hearing this, Vontell frowned in confusion, "So Trick commissioned you... Did you intentionally create the piece to look that way?"
Virgil's dark eyes narrowed from the accusation, "Are you kidding me? I wish I created it to look like that. What better commentary is there on the fragility of superficial bounds built on the capitalist tradition of gift giving, as well as the destructive power of ego than that statue. All I ever want to do as an artist is cause this big of a controversy, create a discussion, move the masses... And the only time I ever achieved it? I can't even take credit for it. So no, I didn't make the statue to look like that. I made a perfect recreation of Treat, from head to toe, because that is what my client asked for. The meaning behind it was 'I'm getting paid' and nothing more. It's one of my least favourite pieces, so it's not a loss that it got destroyed..." His voice trailed off with his last thought, his rant fading as he sighed, looking away as he ran his fingers through his hair, "Alright... I'm a little upset it got destroyed. It wasn't my best piece, but I did put a lot of work into it and this was my one chance to get my art out there. Nobody cares about my art, so I thought it might open the doors to get my better work out there. Should have known better."
Vontell offered him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, "I understand the struggle... There will be other opportunities, I'm sure of it."
"Whatever..." Virgil shrugged his hand away, looking up at him, "Anything else you want to ask?"
Flipping through his notebook, Vontell nodded, "Vyctor mentioned you specifically requested he be the one to transport it and to not look at it. Is there a reason why?"
"Because it was extremely fragile, obviously. Look what happened to it..." Virgil shrugged before continuing, "That's why I asked Vyc. I knew I could trust him with it. You can ask Violet about how careful I was with it... In fact, she was helping me make the statue, she can vouch for me on everything I've told you. Might even have evidence."
Vontell took note of this lead, nodding, "Of course... I appreciate you taking the time to have this enlightening conversation with me. You should close shop and take the rest of the night to unwind... You deserve it."
"Yeah thanks," Virgil shrugged, "Probably won't unclench my jaw until this event's finally over. Good luck."
• Found at the scene: Paint Supplies, a Bucket with a Bandage, and a Hairdryer with a Tangled Chord
• The letters "V F" were carved into the base of the statue
• Vanora was backstage (two witnesses confirm)
• Vivienne was backstage, and was with Treat
• Volkan was never out of anyone's sight
• The hairdryer belonged to Vivienne, and was not working correctly. Its chord was not tangled when she left it
• Vyctor delivered the statue and was backstage alone
• Virgil was the artist that created the statue
• Virgil claims the statue was a lifelike replica of Treat when he created it, he doesn't know what happened
• Virgil specifically told Vyctor not to remove the sheet, so Vyctor never saw it. Virgil claims this was to keep it protected.
• The statue was fragile
• Vanora left a mess backstage with paint, Vyctor cleaned it
• The Voltra Police Department was working security and kicked Vyctor out
• Vanora claims to have been with Velvet, who had an emergency
• Valentina should have been at the event, but was not and has not been answering her phone
• Violet helped Virgil with the statue, and may have evidence
In hopes of discovering what caused this tiff between Trick and Treat, I've taken it upon myself to investigate this mystery. I began by searching the backstage, where the statue had been stored prior to the exchange. My search yielded:
- Paint supplies
- A bucket with a bandage
- A hairdryer with a tangled chord
- The letters "V F" carved into the statue's base
Perhaps these are important clues... Or perhaps it is just rubbish left behind. We'll have to search further.
Questioning the mayor, who was closest to the scene, I discovered the following information:
- Mayor Volkan was busy all day and was never alone at any point
- The statue was being watched all the time it was backstage
- Vanora, Vivienne, and security were backstage, at least that Volkan knew of
Perhaps Vanora or Vivienne may be able to shed more light upon this situation...
My poor friend Vivienne appeared to be under a lot of distress when I visited her. It seems she was having some technical difficulties with her equipment. After I calmed her, we discussed her experience backstage:
- Her hairdryer stopped functioning properly when she was styling Treat's hair
- She was with Treat the entire time, the entered and left the backstage together
- She confirmed Vanora was there
- She mentioned that Vyctor was also there, and potentially delivered the statue
Vyctor was an ordeal to speak to, due to the large influx of customers he had been faced with. However, once they had cleared out our conversation yielded a surprising amount of leads and information:
- Virgil was the artist behind the statue, and has asked Vyctor to transport it for him
- Virgil was very clear that Vyctor was not to remove the sheet at any time, so Vyctor never saw it before the reveal on stage
- Vyctor had time alone backstage, as there was nobody around when he delivered the statue
- There was a mess of paint left by an unknown person, which Vyctor took the time to clean up
- Vyctor was eventually escorted out by the Voltra Police Department, who were acting as security for the event
After having to go on a bit of a chase to capture Timberland, I managed to have a little talk with Vanora. She was able to verify some information, as well as offer a few interesting leads:
- She left the mess backstage when she was painting props and displays
- She was called away in the middle of it by Velvet, who claimed to have an emergency
- Claims she never saw Vyctor or the statue, but she did recall passing Vivienne
- Valentina should have been at the event, but Vanora never saw her and cannot contact her
Virgil was in a worse mood than usual when I paid him a visit, seemingly because of the sorry state Joyful Jamboree was in. After helping him clean up, he was open to a conversation:
- He admits to creating the statue, stating that it was a commission from Trick
- He denies tampering with it, even going so far as to state he wishes he did because of the reaction it caused
- Virgil stated that the statue was fragile and needed careful handling
- He state that Violet was with him during the creation, and that she may have useful evidence
You have unlocked the chance to vote for who Vontell interviews as a potential witness/suspect next!
To vote, simply ping Vontell with: @Vontell: I vote for [NPC name]
The NPC that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at 1 pm.
VPD. Reason: They were on security duty.
Velvet. Reason: She called Vanora away from the scene.
Valentina. Reason: She didn't meet with Vanora after making plans, and is MIA.
Violet. Reason: She assisted in making the statue and may have evidence.