Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk The Saga Continues

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 19:33:45 )
My lord, I swear I keep getting reasons for why I shouldn't be in contact with one of my brothers. The one I live with, although we have our issues and fights, we still help each other out. Now, in my family, I have one sister and three brothers. My sister and I kind of get along, though we don't really talk much since she's a pain in the ass to call(rarely answers). The oldest of the brothers, we're on good terms. The one right in the middle of the boys though... The title is saga because my goodness, I could fill an entire book with all the things he's done over the years. Drug use, theft(taking belongings and selling them usually, but there was one incident where he took money out of our grandparents' bank account), and currently three unplanned pregnancies(He doesn't pay child support for his oldest child, who is now 7 or 8 years old, I don't remember). First kid was with an ex and his current girlfriend had one with him(has two teenage sons from a different relationship) who is now a year old...and before he turned 1, my brother told mom his girlfriend was pregnant again. My brother has a habit of tending to go with girls who have problems(usually emotional) because of his "knight in shining armor" behavior. Also because no mature woman would actually go out with a guy like him. His current girlfriend(haven't met her), I was told she suffers from depression and anxiety. Not going to judge her, I've dealt with similar things, and still do. My point is that while having lunch with my dad, my brother came up in the conversation. The last problem I heard my brother had was that the girlfriend lost her job and they needed money to pay the rent. Dad said that when he talked to my brother... It turned out that he and his girlfriend were arguing inside a supermarket. Things got heated when they were outside to the point that he slapped her. Witnesses called the cops and he got arrested. He's currently staying in a hotel because he isn't allowed to be near her(mom paid for the hotel). I'm not perfect. I wouldn't want to be anyway. But I'm just growing extremely frustrated at the fact that he acts like a child and is constantly getting into situations we have to bail him out of. He doesn't learn anything! It's literally get out of one situation to shortly end up in another.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 21:20:10 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: Ooooh man, sounds like your brother is a product of no accountability for any of his past mistakes/actions, and your parents enabling him by paying for his hotel. Did he even get in trouble by taking out money from your grandparents bank account? :T

It must be frustrating to have such a problematic, immature sibling. But at least you don’t live with him anymore, so less stress. T^T Stay strooooong, friend.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 21:22:22 )

I don't think there's anything wrong with cutting him out until he learns how to control himself. Actions have consequences.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 21:30:57 )
@Tsundererra: My dad doesn't really help him out anymore. My mom, on the other hand... The reason he never went to jail for the theft of my grandparents money was because mom decided to keep it between the family. I honestly would have let him gone to jail, if it meant he finally learned his lesson. He even used me as an excuse for stealing the money! D<

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, that's true. He even hassled me once years ago, because I didn't interact with his first kid much. I don't have anything against the kid. Despite everything, he's growing up well. However, it's my brother's responsibility, not mine. He even said he'd talk to him when the poor kid turns 18! :/ Kid is just gonna resent the hell out of him if he finds out how my brother is doing everything for his new son while barely doing the minimum for his first born.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 21:40:19 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: Unfortunately, that means your mom is the reason why he keeps messing up and not learning from his mistakes. She’s his safety net, protecting him from facing any real world consequences. If he can get away with doing all the bad stuff, of course he’s going to keep doing it. Also, how the heck does he not pay child support??? D:<

He sounds like a dirtbag for tossing the blame on you. Stay faaaaaaaar from him if you can. Sorry that you had to deal with him growing up, and still having to hear about how little he’s changed.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 22:03:41 )
@Tsundererra: His ex never sued him for child support. Why, I don't know. I don't like her much either, has her own issues. :/ It's unfair of mom to be so demanding of me and giving me hell for dumb mistakes while constantly saving his ass when he's done so much worse.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 22:11:29 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: Tbh, I didn’t know you had a brother like this when you mentioned the way she treats you sometimes with her expectations and demands. >__> You’re an angel compared to him. Maybe she’s taking her frustrations out on you since you’re home and that bro isn’t.

Whenever you’re feeling stressed with drama at home because of her or the bro you live with, just think about how you’re not a wreck like your middle bro. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/25 22:23:07 )
@Tsundererra: Yeah, he definitely wins the Supreme wreck award. XD Least that's some comfort.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 15:31:11 )
@LordLucre: Sometimes, just for your own sanity, you need to limit the interactions you have with certain people. If this were a "friend" instead of "family", would you have the same hesitation to limit contact? Drama feeds on itself, sibling or not. And you have a choice to accept and feed the drama ... or not. Good luck. I know from first-hand experience, this type of thing is not always easy...

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 15:37:54 )
@Wildfire: I tried contacting him some time ago, but he didn't respond, so I decided not to bother anymore. He isn't adding anything positive into my life and if he doesn't need anything from me, I pretty much don't exist to him. So I'm going to give him the same treatment from now on.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 20:39:36 )
@LordLucre: I applaud your decision and wish you the best! The next thing you should consider is whether to respond when he calls you, looking for something from you...how will you react? What will you do?
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 22:24:57 )
@Wildfire: I highly doubt he'll call, but I won't answer.
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.