Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What are you currently drinking?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:26:09 )

yall drinking them fancy stuffs. I just have water this week

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:27:18 )

why not fancy water? la croix hibiscus, yo.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 19:48:34 )

Delicious bottled water.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 20:10:49 )

warm water =q=

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 21:01:09 )

I'm drinking water. It's slightly cold.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 23:12:09 )

Silk Nog. It's OK I guess, but doesn't hold a candle to regular ol' eggnog in terms of flavor or texture. Was hoping it would be closer in at least one of those aspects. Ehhh.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 18:45:42 )

Blueberry diet Coke

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 18:48:10 )
@Uncledaddy: Yeah, I had an almond milk eggnog recently and it was not good at all. It's a shame, I used to really love egg nog. But I try not to consume animal products whenever possible so it's been hard to find a good substitute.

@Vermii: Drink me.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 19:21:28 )

@Kira: I've cut back on animal products, especially meat, but I don't know if it's gonna be possible for me to totally let go of dairy (unless I just quit having the things that call for it altogether, but I haven't reached that point yet). I do my best to be mindful of the sources when I can, which is one reason I also tend to avoid almond milk--but another reason is 'cause it tears up my digestive system, as do most "nut milk" products I've tried. IDK if it's the stabilizers in them or just too much of whatever's in nuts, but more than a little bit of that stuff (like, less than what you'd use on a bowl of cereal) is no good for me. But I still try to keep an eye out for substitutes I can use, and while the sweetness of it prevents me from using it in cooking, soy milk hasn't given me as much of an issue as some of the other things. So as someone who also freaking loves eggnog, I figured this was worth a try. Unfortunately, it kind of just left me wanting the real thing. >:^/

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/21 20:07:40 )
@Uncledaddy: I love almond butter so much but I know I need to lessen the amount I consume. My mom bought me the almond milk eggnog thinking I'd like it. It was terrible but I appreciate her thinking of me haha.

I'm sorry they make you feel ill. It can be very hard to abstain from animal products depending on a person's situation. What matters is that you do your best, and your health is also very important.

I haven't had it in a while, but I remember liking pea milk when I tried it. I'm also interested in trying oat milk but my local grocery store does not sell it. I could always make my own, though!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 01:57:21 )

@Kira: Whenever I get my own place, I wanna try making my own milks, spreads, etc. Will probably be better for me and taste better. I wasn't super impressed with the oat milk I tried, but I didn't hate it. Didn't give me a stomach ache, at least. Pea milk has been closest to dairy so far, but not quite "there" enough for me to pay so much more for it (and have to go to a different store that's farther away), so I have only bought it twice.
I am still hoping one day they'll make something that mimics the actual taste of dairy milk, though. I heard about Rebel Kitchen's "mylk" and their formula sounds promising on paper, but it's not sold in the US. If I could figure out the right amounts of everything, though, that might be another thing to consider trying at home.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 04:48:10 )
@Uncledaddy: I was reading something about dairy milk that's created rather than milked from cows and other animals. Now wouldn't that be cool? I think an ice cream with a similar premise was released for review but it's very expensive.

Also I'm drinking water now. Just got back from a walk!

Donator — Scrublord Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 19:47:46 )

<3 Espresso with whipped cream on top, 'cuz I'm a classy goblin.

>Resident robot dumpster fire<

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 02:05:27 )
I'm drinking water at the moment

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 02:29:45 )
A mug of ginger herbal tea.

[Quests][Store]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.