Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Losing Power Tomorrow

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 08:06:40 )

Today PG&E (California’s electric company) said that they are most likely turning off power in my area tomorrow afternoon until Thursday at least to combat the high chance of wild fires.
So today I bought water and I can eat without power. I can’t believe I had to do this. Why didn’t they just put the power lines below ground?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 08:27:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I totally agree, you guys need to get compensated. I understand that it’s risk prevention, but they should try to move them underground, or think of an alternative way to make electricity like solar panels. Sounds like such a nuisance.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 08:53:04 )

@koneko: oh
@Tsundererra: I totally agree about the compensation. But I know those assholes won’t do it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 08:54:47 )

Also if the power goes out it will be out for 5 days.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 09:02:52 )
@Totalanimefan: oh dear this after the toilet!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 09:07:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: You guys need to start a petition or something (not that I know anything about doing that xD) because daaaamn. 5 days without electricity is like beyond a nuisance.
People are prolly spending money on basic survival stuff to get through it, buying spare batteries of all kinds, and will be eating out more. There’s also the loss of food stored in the fridge. The Power to my apartment in Japan went out for a night, and woke up to so many spoiled foods and the ice in my freezer was melted and dripping out... )x I think we got a fancy apology letter, and a certain amount off our next bill.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 09:10:53 )

@Miss Sandman: lol I know right

@Tsundererra: yup everyone is freaking out about it because it’s rediculous. Are we a 3rd world country?

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 10:39:20 )
same haha
my housemates were freakin out cuz we're not sure if theyll close college while the power is down...if it lasts for several days im sure they might

they already closed UCB...my college is never on top of it with these matters though. last year we had students BEGGING the chancellor to close school during the wildfire smoke incident. they waited until the last minute when the smoke levels peaked smh

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 12:44:58 )

This was even reported about in our country :0

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 16:49:54 )

Aw man that sucks. A few weeks ago they had to cut off the water because they were fixing the city plumbing. D:

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 17:19:26 )

wow, your electric company is stupid
what kind of people run it but can’t think that people should be compensated for this :/

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 18:09:30 )

@vengeance: just know I’m living through it. I still have power but other counties don’t.

@boyrrito: yeah I remember that. My college only closed for like one day and the smoke was so bad. Honestly we collectively probably lost years of our lives from that fire last year.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 18:10:20 )

The Queen Declares...

The toilet and now this.

It is October, time to get spooky.

I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 18:10:27 )

@buggaboy: yup this is so dumb and people are outraged. And not everyone knows this is happening either. We got one day of warning.
@inatlaka: that sucks too. How long where you without water?

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 18:11:58 )

For 4 days! We all had to save buckets of water before they shut it down to be able to flush our toilet D:

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 19:06:10 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I just saw it on the news here. ): I thought that maybe this is something that happens often since you guys get a lot of wildfires, but I guess not.
I wonder if restaurants and shops will be powerless as well. )x Loooord, I hope there’s no looting or craziness if they lose power too...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 19:25:26 )

@inatlaka: I’m glad that you remembered to do that.

@Tsundererra: nope it’s the first time and no one knows what to do. Me, coming from a place that loses power due to hurricanes, I know what to do.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 19:31:17 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Totalmangafan hit the jackpot because he has a living survival guide for this situation. xD
I honestly wouldn’t know what to do except for eating all the perishables from the fridge.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 19:39:35 )

@Tsundererra: lol he knows I know what to do. I also got him a shiny Mewtwo in Pokémon go yesterday. (And a 96% Mewtwo). So I think I won wife of the year.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 21:04:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Omg, he is lucky!!! You catch more legendaries and shinies than anyone else I know.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.