Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Real quick - Toilet paper

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 01:11:46 )
Aye,
It's Miz

SO

I just have smth I need to rant about really quick

I come home & I see that the toilet paper is literally just a couple sheets
Partner has been home all day & has not left, probs even used the bathroom but didn't change the roll
KK
That's fine ya know? I'll do it , whatever

Here's the thing tho

Me: Changed the toilet paper roll
Partner: Yeah, but you probs didn't do it correctly
Me: Huh? You mean like, with it facing out?
Partner: Yeah
Me: It's just toilet paper, I change it & it's done

I understand that with it facing towards you, its easier-ish ??? to grab & what not
BUT
Can we not make an argument about which way the roll is facing?

Like, why are you attacking me about it?? Does it fuxking matter????
I change it & that's it? It doesn't really matter???
I'm not in a hotel where it DOES matter which way it's facing? ???
i t s
j u s t
t o i l e t
p a p e r
???????????
Pick your fucking battles?

I shouldn't need reassurance on this, but,,,,
can someone pls gib head pat???
cause gosh diddly darn i need it

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 01:34:08 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad:
hA
legendary

you can give your cat my headpats
however many pats you give your puttykat make it x10
you're not only petting your cat - but - you're also giving those head pats to me via your cat
^owo^

also dude i wish i was a cat
heLL frickeN y e s
but i'm always torn between wanting to be a doggo or a cat cause im energetic like a dog half the time

i work customer service & we have to change the toilet paper roll ourselves so i just yeet it in there & that's it
onto my next task
but, it just makes me go ????????? when people get so triggered over which way the roll is ?
if you have a probem with it then fix it yourself
im just an ass i suppose in their eyes because im indifferent towards it ?
it's just toilet paper, it doesn't matter to me but i dont like how pissy they get & then they take it out on me ; n ;

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:19:24 )
if someone wants to complain about the work youre doing, then tell them they can do it themselves.

it takes less than 20 seconds to flip the roll. i often do it myself, in fact. it's not that big of a deal to flip it myself. my housemates usually put it in backwards, but i prefer it to face forward so i'll take time out of my day to do that. it's really no big deal. plus it gives me something to do while sitting on the porcelain throne.

dont let your s/o get you down over snarky remarks like that. you know youre working hard, and thats all that matters.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:31:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@mizuie: Hahaha oh man, what a thing to nitpick over. If he’s really picky about it being done “the right way”, maybe he should’ve changed when he saw it was running low? I’m on your side because tbh, I don’t even notice which way I put the paper on, and I think it’s silly to obsess over something so small that can be fixed in seconds.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:46:52 )
@boyrrito:
1st & foremost - I love your username & the pun it provides
Made me chuckle when I saw it & I needed that ❤
& thank you, that means a lot ouo

@Tsundererra:
& thank you as well!
Such a dumb thing to nitpick over right ? I said to them 'do we have an issue? really? over toilet paper?'
& I could have passive aggressively mentioned that they could have changed it, but I didn't cause it is a pick your battle kind of situation
& yeah, idk how his day went or if someone they were talking to over discord made them pissy right as I got home? but can we not take it out on me over a a roll of toilet paper ?

To all 3 of you so far

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:50:59 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@mizuie: Oh man, you’re a much bigger person than me. I remember when I worked retail, they would tell us to treat all customers with the same kindness because you don’t know what kind of day they had or how they’re feeling. But tbh, it’s hard to remember that little wisdom when you’re faced with petty stuff like this. xD You’re a saint.
Your significant other lucked out with you and he doesn’t even know it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 05:41:01 )
@mizuie: So, my husband claims that there is a correct way,
but I just sit the roll on top of the holder like a monster.
I started just putting it on top because I could never remember the correct way, nor did I care to remember. XD

Fun fact though-
My Aunt is blind and it is a requirement in her house to have the roll "under." It is much easier for her to find the end of the roll if it's hanging down on the underside.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 16:44:09 )
@mizuie: i would kick him in the a*s...

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 19:40:42 )
I mean, if you know how he'd prefer it, then if you are going to change it I think it'd be considerate to do it his way, since by the sounds of things you have no preference as long as theres some TP to use. It's such a small thing that takes all but a few seconds to do.

Or just insist that he changes it when the roll gets low.

I've never seen someone get so worked up over toilet paper lol.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 20:18:01 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Doesn't the patent have it over?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 21:46:16 )
@Vladimir: I know right ? I shouldn't be this worked up over something like that
Something so miscellaneous, ya know ?
I just dont like how they take their anger out on me
I found out that the verdict due to their asshole like attitude is due to 3 things
- getting fired from their job
- someone in r6seige got under their skin
- not playing as competitive as theyd like so they kept calling themselves 'garbage' & that they 'suck'

They said sorry to me, but it was still overwhelming for me just due to them being such an ass since i came back from work & I was just very co fussed as to why they were being such a butt to me

They're a little better today but they're still in a very moody mood
& the majority of the time they prefer it that way, but about 1% of the time they dont care ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It was just a stressful day for both of us (my own job is cutting down some of my hours so now I have to go find a 2nd job to cover us both)

@Miss Sandman: I gave him a ruffled head noogie after he calmed down a little

@Mousy: I was like that up until I was about 17ish ?? This is also the 1st time I've lived in a house that has the thing on the wall
I've always had the thing you could buy for about 15 or 20 $ and it fits in the corner

I also like that little interesting fact, plus that makes sense for someone in that kinda situation ya know ?

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 21:51:20 )
Aww, I hope thing's look up for the both of you. :(
Stress could certainly make anyone moody. I'd know, haha.
; u ;

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 22:11:26 )
@mizuie: but is that enough? I just would talk to him about that he is lazy if he dont even change the roll

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 01:21:47 )

I wouldn't stand for that from somebody who just actively avoided changing the roll at all. And I don't think it's passive aggressive to say "If you don't like the way I do it, you should have done it when you saw it needed to be done"; it's just the damn facts. If you have more than one bathroom, be sure to assert your dominance by placing all toilet paper rolls in the house in the "under" position.

furthermore, I prefer "under". It's easier to find the end.

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 04:52:20 )
@Miss Sandman: it's honestly really not, but it was the best I could do without flicking him on his forehead / nose or saying smth
I wanted to flick him tho
& yeah he is a pretty lazy individual esp when it comes to that (I'm then one who changes it & this is the 1st time he's said anything about it - just to take his moodiness out on me most likely)

I'm older then him too, so I cut him slack (probs a little more than I should) & he's never lived outside of his parents so he doesn't understand how hard it is out there on your own
Still just a baby, naive lil poop

@Uncledaddy: thank you for that reassurance man, it means a lot ; u ;
My time & energy go to different places at different times & when I get back, it's like - can we not make an issue about smth like that?
& can you not take your moodiness out on me ?
Tell me you're having a bad day & that you dont wanna talk & I'll talk with you later cause I respect your space & the fact that you need alone time & I know you'll come to me when you wanna talk?
Haha, yes I shall assert my dominance
BUT THANK YOU YO
THAT MEANS A LOT
Thank you uncle dadster

@koneko: haha yeah maybe next time I won't do it & I'll let them do it
Take my own roll in & out with me > u >

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 08:30:14 )
@mizuie: omg than i would let him du as much as you can. My bf is pretty similar to this but he is hard working atm and i just have a Minijob so i do the work at Home aß much as my body let me do them. But if he leave his Job at the end of 2019 and help me with the Baby so i will let him do more at home while i have the little one
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/1 17:08:14 )

@mizuie: That's what uncledads are for! I hope communication goes more smoothly moving forward and that your partner starts replacing the toilet paper. I get having shitty days and being snappy, it happens. But it's not an excuse to be a butt about little things.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.