Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk would you rather have shitty friends or no friends at all

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 00:08:17 )
i have shitty friends who are almost never there for me, especially in times when i feel i really need them
im always there for them, and i have accepted every invite to hang out, but they never do the same for me.

recently they invited me to a sleepover, but they stayed in their room together the whole time, leaving me all alone to sleep on the couch with no blanket or pillows. it really hurt. what kind of shit are they playing here?? my heart isn't a fucking game

id rather be alone without them
they dont deserve me

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 00:28:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@boyrrito: Whoa, are they even your friends if they’re treating you this way? It’s more hurtful to have people pretend to be your friends or be shitty friends than to be alone. /:
You should tell them they’re shitty and list reasons like the sleepover, and then cut them out of your life. You’ll meet better friends, but not if you’re hanging around people like that.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 00:30:38 )
Yeah, those aren't friends. Like Nigel said, those are acquaintances if anything. I'd much rather be alone than hang around people like that.
Lucifer's Pet

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 00:51:08 )
@Lilypoo:
ty for the advice. ive been trying to slowly distance myself from them because theyve done other crappy stuff like this in the past and im sick of being walked upon.

im scared to let go of them because theyre really my only friends left, and making new ones is so hard. but at this point id rather be alone, so im just gonna do it for real. it's hard to be alone, but funny enough i feel lonely even when they are my friends, because theyre not there for me at all. so getting rid of their toxicity will hopefully feel freeing

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 00:58:54 )
If people aren’t treating you decent you’re definitely better off and I hope you can distance yourself and find some new ones. Heck, even Alone time is good too!!
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 01:18:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Oh wow, Nigel hit the nail on the head with this one. Much wiseness.
They already made you feel alone and isolated at a sleepover. /: That’s pretty hard to do unless they’re intentionally doing it to hurt you or they’re too self-absorbed to be decent company. You might be scared of letting going because it’s work making new friends and the idea of being alone is scary... but tbh, being alone isn’t so bad. Less toxicity/drama imho. Plus, it’s not like they were real friends anyways.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:02:15 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad:
yeah i mean i almost always feel alone
ive been lonely since middle school. even with people around im lonely
i dont know what to make of it. people cant seem to satisfy me.
being around dogs definitely helps though. i really want to adopt one, but my current living situation wont allow it. i should make it my goal for next year when i sign a new lease.

i just let my friends know that im moving on. i offered some truths about how ive felt, and why im leaving. im now back in the friend-less zone

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 03:59:42 )

That’s a really hard one. I would say no friends. Even though it’s lonely I can’t stand toxic people! They really aren’t good to be around.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 08:17:29 )
No friends are better at this point though
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 09:44:36 )
As someone who has entertained both a foray of shitty friends, as well as none at all repeatedly throughout life, I can safely say it is better to be alone. At least then, one is not abused or mistreated or used.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 10:29:35 )

Since 1103 posts.

Personally wouldnt call them friends. Real friends wouldn't treat you like that.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 15:33:08 )
Your 'friends' don't sound like actual friends at all. You're better off without them.

True friends are hard to come by, but I really hope you encounter the right people in life. I wish you the best of luck.

Also, leave your shitty fake ass friends, for heaven's sake. Don't let them walk all over you like that!
Formerly Flytrap.
♱Portraits in Dust♱

Art Twitter

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 19:44:52 )
I'd rather have no friends at all.

Try and find some new peeps to hang around, they don't sound very sweet. :(

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 19:59:15 )
I mean I'm friends with Vladimir so...
Adieu mon homme... Où tu vas, il fait trop froid

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 21:49:59 )
No friends hands down
I'd take that than a shitty friend anyday yo

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 01:25:19 )

I don't believe in shitty friends. If someone treats me like that, they aren't my friend. That ain't how friends do.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.