Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Shark's Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 02:39:14 )

@Shark: You know lol.
Ups and downs. Job is going well, but it's a lot. Some bad news with family friends.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 02:42:04 )
@Totalanimefan: That's fair. :(
Bad news? Anything you want to talk about here?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 02:52:11 )

@Shark: I will when I'm off the phone with them. Thanks for being a good friend

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:05:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Alright ^^

I talked to my counselor today and it was fine, I guess. Still not getting the help I need, but... I don't really know what that looks like, so. -shrug- Just making do. >_<

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:14:17 )

@Shark: That's awful. Is it possible to see someone else? They should be someone you trust and feel like they care for you.

I'm off the phone now. A very close family friend is older, but his parents are still alive. His mom really isn't doing well. I don't know if she is going to make it. She can't move her lower body at all and she said she's in pain all over. She's been in a the hospital for a few days and they still don't know what's wrong with her.
Another unrelated family friend's dad just passed away and I also found out him and his wife of like 40 years split cause her drinking problem is just out of control. Which is just totally said and I liked her too, but it's like people aren't people anymore when they are alcoholics.

Also someone at my job was killed last week. I didn't know them, but it was still said to think that someone was killed by senseless gun violence in this country.

Thanks for always listening and always having my back. You know I would do the same for you too.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:50:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, but I've already gone through so many. :( Most of the time it's because they leave. I just feel like I'm stuck.

Oh gosh, that's horrible. D: Definitely a lot to process. -hug- Hopefully they find out what's wrong.

I've been around a lot of alcoholism as a kid. Ruins everything.

Never been around guns though. That shit sounds incredibly scary.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 04:02:25 )

@Shark: I'm sure it's a stressful job with a lot of turnover. How long have you seen your current person?

Thank you. I've accepted that it might be time, but I would never say that to my family friend. He's like an uncle to me.

Yes it really does. I remember when she used to only drink socially, and then it was day drinking only if there was a party at their's (which was often) and then it was oh her broke her hip when she was drunk, and I guess it just kept getting worse. I don't blame him for leaving but it's just a horrible and weird to think that they aren't together right now. But obvs it's for the best for him.

Yeah I'm not really from a place with gun violence either. It's a bit different here in DC. I don't live in the bad parts, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen here overall. It's just horrible to think that happened to that guy.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 04:11:47 )
@Totalanimefan: The last guy I was talking to left because his commute was too long. bleh. Hmm... I think like 4 months maybe?

Yeah that's understandable :( Sometimes all you can do is be there for someone....

That's usually how it goes. D: ugh.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 04:27:58 )

@Shark: Did you like the last person?

Yes that's all I can do. And my bestie from high school (I'm still close with her) her and her husband broke up over Christmas and they have two kids together. She's not exactly super wealthy either, she's a tattoo artist. She said she doesn't want to talk about it so I respect that, I just wish there was something I could do for her.

I wonder how many people change from being an alcoholic to getting back on the right track. I hope that she does.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 04:44:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I didn't get to talk to him long enough lol. Same with the person before him. Dx

oh no D: man that sucks. Well food is always helpful if there's nothing else. Especially with kids.

I wonder too. My mom managed it, so there's always a chance.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 19:30:33 )

@Shark: 4 months isn't that much time. Esp if you only go once a month or once every two weeks.

Thanks. I'll remember that. Maybe I'll send her a care package in the mail.

I know of people who have too. That's good that your mom did! How long has she been sober? Do you have a better relationship with her?

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 23:31:42 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it's frustrating. Just trying to get better and it feels like I am unable to no matter how hard I try.

I think that would be really nice ^^

hmm... I think it's been over 10 years now? yeah.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/9 00:42:04 )

@Shark: I hear you. I feel like you try really hard. Is there any medication you can take for your pain or anything else in your medical history? I wish I had the answers for you.

I wonder what I should put in the care package? If you were to get one, what do you think you could like to receive ? I've never done one for anyone else before.

10 years is a long time. I hope she is for the rest of her life. My parents were never that bad, but also sometimes not the best either. I've mostly gotten a better relationship with them since the shit they pulled about 10 years ago. It's tough when you can't just be the kid in the relationship.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/9 01:55:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I recently tried Lyrica which did absolutely nothing. Going to try something else soon.

Do you do any baking? Maybe something like zucchini bread, or cookies. Nuts or other snacks. Hot chocolate or tea. :3

Yeah, she really can't even if she wanted to D: her health is not good anymore. It wasn't back then, but still. Parents really blow it sometimes :( I wish there were more good parents, but... not very realistic

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 01:30:20 )

@Shark: I'd never heard of that one but I'm not well versed in drug names. I hope you find something that works soon.

I don't normally, but maybe I should for her. I think those are good ideas for a care package. Thanks <3

I'm sure that all those years of drinking really wrecked her health. The person that I mentioned also is pretty old. In their late 60's. I wish more people were good parents too.

Work sucked today. It was so draining. I'm trying to get it all out of my mind and just relax now

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 04:19:18 )
@Totalanimefan: It's one of those ones that had lots of commercials lol.

Yeah no prob! Even if it's nothing homemade, I'm sure it would still be appreciated. :3

oh for sure. I think drinking is what ultimately led to my grandma's rapid decline. :/

ah I'm sorry to hear that. D:

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 18:42:40 )

@Shark: I feel so like many American drugs have CMs lol. It’s kinda weird once you leave the US and realize we are the only country like that lol.

Do you think I can send homemade things in the mail? She lives many states away.

That’s so sad. I’m sorry that happened. My grandma has a rapid decline mental. Like fine one week and the next it’s like she lived in a constant panic attack. It was awful. She lived for another year and a half like that.

Thanks. Work is better today. It’s also Friday so I’m not really going to give it 110% you know. Just finish up what I can and be happy with that.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/10 23:55:31 )
@Totalanimefan: ah... love our hell country :(

hmm I guess it depends on how long it would take to get there?

That sounds awful. D:

oh good! yeah, just getting what you can get done is good. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/11 01:34:11 )

@Shark: I know. I also wish we had universal health care like every other country does.
Yeah that's a good point. Maybe I could speed up the shipping.

It was awful for my grandma and for everyone to watch her go through that. I really hope that I don't end up that way. Not really a way to live out the last bit of your life. She was a wonderful person before that happened.

Thanks. I'm happy with what I got done today. And happy that it was pretty chill. I'm new to the workplace so I'm still figuring it all out but it seems like the kind of place that is very chill on Friday and people tend to leave early. How was your day? Do you have any weekend plans?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/11 21:35:24 )
@Totalanimefan: that'd be really nice. :(

Yeah, I don't think anyone should have to go through that. D:

Nice. Nah nothing going on here, just trying to get through the days. Hopefully you have a nice weekend!

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.