Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 22:58:09 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....ah...." Vincent muttered.

"Hm." he mumbled further.

"Now, I know you." he said. "I know that when you say things like that, you mean more than you let on." he commented further.

"However, the details are escaping me..." he then admitted.

"Do you mean LITERALLY sniffed you out?" he asked her, before pausing.

"I know you just said literally, but... you mean, like a dog would?" he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 23:10:37 )

"Possibly, yeah." Sydney answered.

"I really do mean it. He can smell more than the average person." She added after a moment or two.

"But I am not going to say more than that." She then said.

"I'll leave that to you to figure out."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 23:25:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed in response.

"I think I can see where you're going with this." he told her.

"However, that will have to wait." he said.

"If you trust him, then I will trust him." he assured her further, before she saw his eyes start to dilate a little.

"Ooooh boy." he mumbled.

"Yep... yep, it's starting to wear off." he said to her, losing his balance slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 23:27:31 )

Sydney just laughed.

"You owe me a new bottle Vincent, as usual." She said. "I drank you under the table, severely, again." With that, she just used her mana to whisk him away to bed. It wasn't as stomach churning as it usually was, either. She took more effort to make it calm, because she knew he wasn't in the best of shapes.

Once that was done, she approached the door again, and locked it before sighing and sending a text to Rene.

What's the timeline looking like? She asked simply, and curiously.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 23:51:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gimme a few more minutes. Rene replied.

Damage is severe, but it's not mana damage. the next one read.

I'll be finished before the food even stops being hot. the last one said.

That was the thing about Rene... he was confident, and cocky at times, but he knew how to put his money where his mouth was. He had the skills to back it up.

When he said something like that, he meant it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 23:58:28 )

All right then. Was all she said before sighing lightly.

She vanished from where she was, sucked into a portal, before appearing back at home. She was down in her basement, checking her blood stores. She wanted to stay away from what it was that was happening above, but she did also need to check her stores anyway, so she figured she'd take this chance for it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 00:22:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few minutes later, while she was still checking her stores, she received another text.

Yo. Done. it read.

It was simple, but it got the message across.

What's going on now? Am I just leaving, or what? the next text asked.

He IS wondering where you went to.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 00:25:32 )

Sydney was silent before just putting her phone back in her pocket after reading the text. She made her way upstairs before answering.

"Hey again." She said with a wave.

"Rene, you're welcome to hang out, but I would appreciate if you'd go check on Vioncent." She then said.

".... what I gave him is wearing off, and he's probably not in good shape. He was trying to drink me under the table - and failing, again. Of course."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 00:51:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..............." Rene was silent for a moment, and groaned.

"....greeeeeeeat." he said.

"Well, then I'd better go and tend to him before his head splits open." he responded.

"Why?" he then asked.

"Why do you let him DO that to himself?" he asked her.

"You KNOW as well as I do that he can't outdrink you, and the alcohol you use is cirrhosis serum."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 00:55:33 )

"Hey! What I have is damn high quality, and you know it, Rene." Sydney stated bluntly.

"But yeah, go check on him. Thanks." She added, not answering his question. She paused though after he gave her a pointed look.

"Really? You know he's the one who initiates it. I try and talk him out of it, but he never listens."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 01:18:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Rene sighed.

"...I know." he said.

"Stubborn old fart's gonna kill himself doing this one day." he muttered, before looking at Nico.

"Good talkin' with ya, Dom." he told him.

"Same to you, Rene." Nico replied.

Rene then stepped away from Sydney and waved, as he disappeared in a bubble of water.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 01:22:44 )

Sydney just sighed lightly.

"I'm going to dish out the food." She said before heading off. A couple minutes later, she returned, a plate for both of them in her hands. Here."[/b] She said, passing him a plate, moments before a small bottle of what he'd requested fell onto the couch next to him, and rather gracefully at that.

"So... tell me." She stated as she sat down.

"You're human. Just a human... how the fuck are you alive?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 01:43:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom just smiled at the food, before sighing when she asked her question.

"Strictly speaking, I can't answer that." he said.

"I've been sworn to secrecy." he lamented.

"...however, I WILL say this." he continued, pausing for a moment, and thinking about it.

"Hydration is important. The head of the Council has made sure that I drink my water." he said cryptically, but he had a feeling Sydney would know what he was talking about. Or could guess.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 01:52:18 )

Sydney was silent for a moment before sighing.

". . . and she was clueless enough to pass a message on." She half muttered, half growled under her breath.

"All right, now can you give me more information about the band of hunters?" She asked.

"As in, anything, really. targets? lists? Anything at all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 02:17:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....technically, as far as the Council goes, I'm not supposed to exist." Dom admitted.

"I'm a member of the head's "Shadow Ops"..." he added.

"Anyway, the band." he then said.

"Well... as far as I know, they move from place to place, travelling and eliminating 'threats'." he informed her.

"They usually send an incognito scout ahead to gather information, and then report back, so that the band can make precision and targeted attacks."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 02:24:57 )

"Do you know where the next target is?" Sydney asked.

"I mean, city, person, anything... I mean, I can't really go on what you've said so far. Could be anywhere in Southwestern Ontario for all I know." She then said.

'Not sure I can feasibly report that and the Triad and Council can work together well to avoid any serious problems."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 03:03:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Dom muttered, thinking about it.

"Ah!" he then said, snapping his fingers.

"I remember them saying something as they left after I escaped... though they thought me dead..." he remembered.

"A last name." he went on.

"...M... M..." he mumbled.

"Mc... Mc... something..." he said further, trying desperately to remember it.

"I think they were headed in the direction of London, if that helps." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 03:08:16 )

Sydney was silent before grabbing her phone and sending a text to Hal, since her and Vincent had been told that Hollie would be largely uncontactable for the moment.

pass to Hollie that they are heading to London, and Desiree may be a target. it was simple, to the point, and enogh to pass on.

"Anything you want to ask me, while we're here?" She then asked Nico.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 03:27:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom was silent for a moment, before looking at her.

"I..." he stammered. "Well..." he said, biting his lip some.

"Yes. Everything." he told her.

"I want to know what's happened to you. To our son." he continued.

"What have a missed? I know it'll be a lot. Probably more than I can imagine, but I want to know." he told her further.

"I want to reconnect with the woman I love."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 03:30:37 )

Sydney paused.

"Yes. A lot of information in that." She agreed.

"As for our son, he's a magician. Ever heard of the kind freak, Saber?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.