Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:30:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nico gulped down about 1/3rd of the liquid, before exhaling loudly, and then letting out a low carbonated burp.

"...ahhh, refreshing." he said.

He then sighed, and nodded.

"Right." he replied. "I'll be mindful of that." he told her.

"I also noticed the signature of another, powerful mage here." he then said. "But they seem to have left." he commented further.

"...sorry if I interrupted something..." he apologised quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:41:13 )

Sydney shook her head.

"It's not a problem. He left, yes." She then told him. "Primarily to pass on the information to his sister regarding what you mentioned, the band of hunters."

"Besides that, are you feeling better?" She asked, concern her in her voice.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:55:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, I see." Nico replied.

"...and yes, I am." he told her.

"Much better than when I first arrived at your doorstep." he said.

"...been better, overall, though." he then added, taking another, smaller, drink.

"...." he was silent for a moment, and looked at her.

"You've only grown more gorgeous, Cs... Sydney." he said, catching himself on her name.

"I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed of you on a lonely night." he added wistfully.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:57:08 )

Sydney just sighed.

"..... I looked for you, Nico." She said after a few seconds.

"I tried so hard to find you... I never even told Jaden much about you, I couldn't field those questions, they broke my heart."

"... where did you go? Why did it take so long for you to recontact me, and .... how the hell are you still alive? You're just a human."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 06:16:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Nico was silent for a moment, before sighing heavily.

"That... all that will take a VERY long time to explain." he told her.

"And given what I heard you say about your friend, and when he's coming here, I don't think we have that kind of time right now." he said further.

"But trust me, I WILL answer them." he told her.

"I'll tell you EVERYTHING." he assured her further.

"You deserve it." he reasoned, before pausing.

"And... Jaden?" he asked. "Is that what our son goes by now?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 06:17:57 )

Sydney paused.

"Yeah. Not... not sure why he opted to use his middle name, but at least it's part of his name." She commented.

"I... actually, I've never asked him why he opted that..." She admitted with a light laugh.

"And all right. I expect answers, though. I will hold you to that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 06:30:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I expect you to." Nico replied, before they heard a knock on the door.

"Yo! Sydney!" they heard a voice call in, Sydney recognising it as Rene's.

"Sounds like your friend's here." he commented before lifting his head up slightly.

"...briney..." he mumbled.

"Lanthan??" he asked her, a bit surprised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 06:31:38 )

Sydney nodded simply as she got to her feet.

"He is." She answered honestly before approaching the door and opening it. She let Rene in, closed the door, and sighed lightly.

"He means no harm." She stated. "Just... please don't lash out, all right?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 06:56:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene just raised an eyebrow when he heard that.

"....right." was all he said, before they made their way towards where he was.

The two males regarded each other for a moment, before Nico broke the silence.

"Hello, there." he greeted Rene.

"Yo." Rene replied.

"Dominico." Nico introduced himself. "Or... well, I go by either Dominic, Nick, or Dom, depending on who's addressing me." he continued. "Sydney calls me 'Nico', though." he added.

"Rene." Rene responded. "My real name-" he started to say, before Dom interrupted.

"-would be impossible for a human tongue to pull off. I know. Lanthan names are like that." he chuckled.

"...." Rene was silent, before looking at Sydney.

"He's good." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:00:25 )

Sydney just smirked.

"He's got a useful trait." She commented, referring to how he was able to ID Rene as a lantha so easily.

"I'll leave you two to this. Rene, if I find an extra scratch on him, you'll have the Triad finally coming after your ass." She warned, a venom to her voice that honestly reminded him of the woman that had taken her in. There were very few times that she showed her resemblance to Bathory, and the way she delivered that promise was certainly one of them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:17:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............yes, Ma'am." Rene replied, sounding nervous.

Dom just laughed out loud at that, before reeling in pain for a few seconds.

"Ok, no laughing. Gotta remember that." he said through snickers.

".....jesus, Sydney." Rene muttered. "Not often you remind me of your mother." he said further, before making his way to Dom.

"Sydney, leave us be." Dom told Sydney.

"I don't think the doctor can do his best work when you're there, coiled like a snake, ready for the frog to make that ONE misstep." he chuckled.

"...also, I'm asking about that Triad comment later." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:20:28 )

"Ask later. I'm off. If either of you want to know where I am, I'm going to go check on Vincent... see if he's crashed yet." Sydney said with a light laugh before vanishing, sucked into a portal at her feet. She walked out of the front door of Vincent's house and sighed before knocking.

She wasn't entirely sure he was home yet or not, but reasoned that it had probably been long enough tha the would be.

If he was still on his feet, she had no clue, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:30:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Coming!" she heard, before the door was opened, revealing Vincent.

It was clear by how he looked that what she gave him was still doing its thing... but it wouldn't be long now.

"Ah, right." he said, stepping aside.

"I assume you have answers for me." he told her.

"I would greatly appreciate it if they were quick, as I've been monitoring the time, and I don't have long before I'm dead to the world." he went on.

"So... do come in." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:33:44 )

Sydney made her way in with a light laugh.

"Yeah... I'm sure you have questions." She commented.

"So ask. I'll answer what I can until I'm called back." She then said.

"So, ask."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:46:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent closed the door behind her, and sighed.

"Let me start with the mana hunter." he said.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"And why do you trust them?" he asked further.

"Who ARE they?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:55:10 )

"His name is Dominico." Sydney answered.

"But you've probabyl heard me refer to him as just 'Nico'" She added after a moment or two before sighing. She didn't know if he knew anything more than that, really shouldn't have as she knew she hadn't gone into detail about him with Vincent at any point.

"Vincent... he's Jaden's father." She stated bluntly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 20:15:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent was thinking for a moment about what she had just told him. The first part, anyway. It was true that he'd heard her mention the name in the past a few times, but it was almost always in passing, and no real information was given.

...until the last part connected, and he seemed to freeze on the spot.

"...I'm sorry?" he asked.

"Jaden's... father." he said. "Which is to say, his biological paternal parent." he went on, seeking clarification to the most minute detail.

"The one that just... up and disappeared on the both of you." he added, a little venom starting to form in his tone now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 22:19:27 )

"If anyone is going to lash into him, it's going to be me. Not you." Sydney stated simply, and plainly.

"No matter what you may have to say about that." She added a couple seconds later.

"Bu tyes, the same man." She added. "He's at my place being checked over by Rene rigth now. Showed up very much a bloody mess."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 22:35:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent raised an eyebrow when she said that.

"Ah... huh." he said.

"That raises a number of questions." he told her.

"However, I'm going to focus on one. One that is a little more pressing than the others, before I crash." he reasoned.

"How did he find you?" he asked.

"Seriously. Next to NOBODY knows where you actually LIVE."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 22:37:47 )

"I suspect he literally sniffed me out." Sydney answered as she shoved her hands in her pockets.

"Jaden got his nose, after all." She then said, almost cryptically. She was sure that Vincent wouldn't figure out, but the answers were there if he could, that is.

But she wasn't entirely confident he could make that jump.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.