Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat There's a bat in my house

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 02:53:14 )
So, there's a freaking bat in my house. No idea how or where it got in. Or where the heck it went after it flew through the freaking kitchen a bit ago. Freaking startled me.

I like bats, just not 8n my house.

Help?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:02:34 )
@Kay: have u tried telling it to leave politely
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:04:28 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, I would open all the doors and windows and try to chase it out. I love bats, but wild bats have a chance at carrying rabies. NOT IN MY HOUSE, BAT. ):<

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:07:05 )
I had the door open for a bit but I don't think it went out. Tried playing bat noises outside the door but that didn't work. Still not sure where the little bugger is.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:08:40 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Hahahaha, omg what does a bat sound like? If you don’t get him out before you go to bed, he’ll pop up when you’re sleeping and scare your pants off.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:11:23 )
They make like a loud squeaky chirpy, clicky sound.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:13:17 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

That’s so cute. ;~; Maybe it was the ghost of a bat you saw...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:16:33 )
Nope. It most definitely was a bat. Startled me. Was in the kitchen making supper when it flew through

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:33:41 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Maybe it wants some dinner too. xD Leave out some food and maybe it’ll come out.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 04:13:26 )

Do you have any pets? If it comes in contact with you, your family or your pets you have to get a rabies shot.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 11:04:49 )

depending on the bat I think they like fruit .. like berries.. maybe leave some near an open window during the night and see if it flies out? o wo
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 18:29:28 )

@kay: Depending on where you are and if it was a small species of bat it is likely an insect hunter. You need to call animal control, bats have an extremely high chance of giving you rabies and those shots hurt. It would be the safest option for you and the bat

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:03:37 )

I second calling animal control. They'll have the tools to find and remove it safely. Even if you could chase it out of the house yourself, it's best not to risk contact if you can avoid it.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/6 03:20:09 )
So apparently my county doesn't have a local animal control, which seems stupid to me but whatever I guess.

No sign of the bat the last two nights, hoping it found it's way out on it's own.

And in an ironic twist my parents now apparently have a bat in their house as well.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/6 03:23:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Kay: Omg, I hope for your sake that bat is looooong gone and not waiting to surprise you soon. O: I hope the bat is ok too~ Poor little scared rabies baby.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.