Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Dimples Quest ! ♡

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/19 20:42:44 )

@nebula: It's super fun. It's a bit on the expensive side but I enjoy it.

It's Fall season here but it's still pretty warm out which is annoying. So I have to wear summer dresses and stuff. Although it gets really cold out when the sun is gone. So I should take a sweater just in case. Thanks! I think we're just going to get a few Halloween decorations and stuff. I want to get some candy to hand out since I don't know if we have enough.

Oooh yum! What kind of donuts? o:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/19 20:50:51 )

" @Boss Rimi: expensive?

its been fire season for the last three years but this fall feels cooler. thank goodness. ahh halloween decor! we dont decorate ;n ; the street we live on doesnt have sidewalks, no street lights, and is congested. so no trick or treaters. my parents do but its busy here during that time.

they were glazed! so yummy
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:28:46 )

@nebula: All the stamps you need to buy, the envelopes, pretty stationary, stickers. All of that. xD

Oof! Well thank goodness it's cooler! Heh, we don't usually decorate but my mom felt like decorating this year. Your street doesn't have any lights? Spooky. o: There's a street like that just a couple streets down from where I live and I get scared going there to trick or treat because it's so dark. xD

Ooh yum! I like the regular donuts with the crystal sugar on top.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/19 23:36:41 )
@NEBULA: Hello again. Just thought I'd stop by and see how things are going with you today...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 01:37:49 )

" @Boss Rimi: bahah silly me, that is expensive. especially if you have many but that is awesome!

we kinda live in a small broken-down area in this town but not too terrible. the town is more concerned how the tourist areas look and how new buildings contrast to the wine country. roads and outside streets dont see any love very often.

ahh. i miss decorating! did so a bit at my office but nothing full-blown like some awesome houses around here. our front yard here would make an awesome spooky-halloween area to setup.

i hope you have fun decorating!
"

NEBULA

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 01:38:41 )

" @Wildfire: thanks for stopping by ♡
we stopped by home depo to check out wood to build the platform for the back of our van ^^

how are yous doing?
"

NEBULA

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 01:40:27 )
@NEBULA: Oh good! More progress for you! <3
I'm doing well, thanks, but just about to call it a night... or a day... or something. Have a great night and I'll catch you tomorrow most likely! <3

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 01:42:57 )

" @Wildfire: yee ^^
have a good night! talk to you soon

ou o
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 03:50:31 )

@nebula: Heh, I do have quite a few but life has gotten in the way so I don't get letters really quickly. But it's fine. It gives me plenty of time to save up money and buy things I need.

Ohh okay, I see. Very interesting. Makes sense that the areas that attract tourists get the attention.

Yo, some houses go crazy with the decorations. lol
That's nice that you decorated even just a little bit though!

Thanks! I'm too short to hang up the witch so my mom got a broom and used that to lift the hook up and hang it by one of the tree branches.
I'm feeling the spooky vibes. lmao I've even got zombie gnomes in my little village which is neat. :D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 03:55:19 )

" @Boss Rimi: there ya go!

there are some richy places around here. fun to drive by and look at the competing houses. christmas decorations are amazing! lots of them do the song light fixtures. xD

ooo, zombie gnomes! that is awesome! give ya little village a festive feel, how fun c:
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 04:05:28 )

@nebula: Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas!
And I really love seeing all the different houses and how they decorate. The different lights and lawn decorations.
It's always so magical and pretty.

Heheh yeah! My mom isn't fond of them. She told me to put them away once Halloween is over.
Ah well. At least I have them though, so I can add them to my gnome village every year. :D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 04:34:20 )

" @Boss Rimi: loll xDD i wouldnt either. especially if you have lights shinning against them at night. that makes nightmares hahAh

ahh i love christmas.
i cannot wait ^^
the end of the year is the best. so much festive activities and time off! oh and food. yummy food ♡u ♡
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 04:57:20 )

@nebula: Hahah that is understandable for sure!

Right? Some of the best holidays are at the end of the year!
Like Thanksgiving! Omg, so much good food! @ ~ @

Do you have a favorite holiday?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 17:43:22 )

" @Boss Rimi: morning! :3

it is so hard to choose! i love them all! do you have a favorite holiday?
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 18:24:54 )

@nebula: Good Morning!

I get it, it is pretty tough huh?
Hmm...I think my favorite holiday has to be Christmas hands down.
I just really enjoy decorating for it and putting up the tree.

It's a really fun holiday.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:05:06 )

" @Boss Rimi: the first year with my hubby, i put up the tree in like november xD we had a small one for the room i rent. although as the years go, its losing its meaning because some family are expecting stuff and we are like broke. due to the new van.

my parents dont know about that... that will be fun >n < imma hear all their negative comments woo

my parents are a tad weird nowadays with holidays as they are like separated but still living together. they got a five bed house, mom sleeps downstairs, and my dad has the master. always weird to visit or grab my junk mail. i only been with them since i was 15, when they adopted me. but since i moved out, they like dont like see themselves together anymore.
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:16:24 )

@nebula: Well that's not very nice. D:
Gifts are great, but it's not what Christmas is about. It's about spending time with family, baking cookies, sipping tea, coffee, or cocoa. You know, reminiscing about things that happened in the year. Keeping with family traditions. All that jazz.

Hey, as long as you are happy then that's what matters. If people are going to be negative, then don't listen to them.
We don't need any negative energy around us.

Oof, that does sound very weird/uncomfortable.
Why do they live together though if they're separated?I need to stop asking so many questions. Dx
That is so strange. I mean, I'm sure they have their reasons but I can totally see how it can be weird or awkward just going to visit them for whatever reason.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:30:20 )

" @Boss Rimi: my parents are highly educated people. dad was a judge and lawyer in the air force. mom had been a kaiser doctor and head doctor for over 25 years. both retired.

my mom stands out more. i never met someone with a mindset like hers. she wants to have many achievements. adopting a child. trekking many foreign mountains. looking 40 at 75. living to (shes studying this) she is 110+. a whole bunch of stuff.

we had a very rocky relationship for the first seven years of being adopted by them. when i first had my huge breakdown in highschool, i overheard her telling my dad that i was too much for her and didnt want me. ooof, pissed me off big time and she caught me listening to her which scared her but i know understand as she never had her own children let alone her niece and nephew were hands down spoiled brats.

they talk about it like its normal. they got married in their late 50s which my mom had never been married since her life revolved around being a doctor. i think that was also one of her life achievements was to be married. its crazy. i never met anyone like them before.
"

NEBULA

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:48:45 )

@nebula: Woah! o:

They are very ambitious people! I think that's the word?
What I mean is that they sure have a ton of goals they want to meet and I have to applaud them for that.
I can't imagine it's easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

Jesus, yeah that would have pissed me off a lot too. I'm sure she didn't mean it though.
Like you said, she never had her own kids. So maybe it was just a lot to take in and she was probably stressed and talking nonsense.
That's really crazy though, still hurtful. Even if it was an accidental thing to say.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:54:29 )
@NEBULA: *waves at you over here* <3
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.