Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment recommend me anime!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:08:32 )
bonus points if it’s a hidden gem!
I’ll start, Detroit Metal City!

currently watching vision of escaflowne

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:22:06 )
Season one of Kemono Friends is good.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans is good so far.

And you can't go wrong with anything Macross.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:25:59 )

Considering you mentioned DMC Maybe check out the following two: Metalocalypse & Belzebubs.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 16:39:16 )
@Bento: I just watched The Promised Neverland - absolutely amazing. I couldn’t stop watching it until the end. It’s very captivating. Highly recommend.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 18:30:41 )
Speaking of DMC -- also going to add Aggretsuko and Zombieland Saga to the list.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 20:54:56 )
onsenmark:
Season one of Kemono Friends is good.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans is good so far.

And you can't go wrong with anything Macross.

i wanna give gundam a try! so popular but i never watched

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 20:56:59 )
vengeance:

Considering you mentioned DMC Maybe check out the following two: Metalocalypse & Belzebubs.

DMC is probably my fav anime in a long time! im suprised how much i like it lol
not my usual cup of tea buuuut its good
metalocalypse seems similar will give it a go

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 20:58:46 )

Metalocalypse is based on a real metal band.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 20:59:20 )
Laufeia:
@Bento: I just watched The Promised Neverland - absolutely amazing. I couldn’t stop watching it until the end. It’s very captivating. Highly recommend.

yeeeesss its amazing! im reading the manga currently!
if you like that you should watch kaiji, similar mindgames/vibe! but not super known.. the art is uhh unique

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 23:04:28 )
@Bento: awesome! Did you watch the anime or just reading the manga? I think I need to pick up the manga because I absolutely loved the first 12 episodes they made.

Kaiji's animation does look very silly. The world needs unique things though! I'll definitely check it out. ^_^
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/16 23:15:54 )
@Laufeia: only manga! i remembered the whole plot so didn't feel the need to watch the anime lol
haha yeah if the art was more mainstream it would get a lot more attention but it was enjoyable!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 02:37:50 )

Did you make this thread just for me? Lol
I’m currently watching Fruits Basket (2019). I loved the original and it’s a wholesome story with great characters that grow and overcome the horrible things that have happened to them.
I’m also watching Cyborg 009 (2001). I watched this back in the day and it finally got released on Blu-Ray. (In SD but I don’t care.) it’s a great sci-fi series.
And I started watching Ranma 1/2 again. A classic Rom-Com where no one likes each other.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 04:56:01 )

hidden gems hmmmm... here's 3 recs from literally all across the genre board ALDFKJF

Baccano
a long-time fave of mine. set in 1920s prohibition era America. Unique and convoluted way of storytelling, but it's fun to figure it out. top-notch OST

From the New World (Shinsekai Yori)
dystopia 👏 done 👏 right. super atmospheric and chilling, although it has a slow start. really difficult to sell without spoiling anything, but it's so good...

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
it's hard to describe the appeal of this show. essentially it's about two friends and their journey with rakugo (a form of Japanese theater). it's... dramatic and artsy, and the characters are so well-developed. I think it's a must-watch for anyone who's devoted a lot of time and passion to a hobby or art - a lot of things hit home.

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/17 18:29:47 )

If you want your mind blown to bits? Neon Genesis Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell. Also Fullmetal Alchemist.

Princess Jellyfish, Welcome to the NHK, and Chobits were nice slice-of-life anime.

Granblue Fantasy (turn-based RPG) has a Netflix animation that's wonderful but only has one season thus far, though I've heard at least a season two is coming soon. 10/10 recommend the game as well.

Sword Art Online gets a lot of flack and is doused with clichés and Mary Sues, but it's still enjoyable -- as are SAO II and Gun Gale Online. (Tbh I just wish I could be trapped in a video game lmao)

I recently started watching Gurren Lagann and it's not too bad. Seven Deadly Sins is pretty good thus far as well. And there's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! Intentionally corny and over-the-top with a creative and engaging storyline. Plus a bunch of characters are named after old rock bands since the manga was written in the 70s/80s.

And of course, most people have already watched it but I always recommend InuYasha because it's one of my all-time favourites. Same with Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo -- oldies but goldies.

There's also a little-known show I watched back in the day called Solty Rei. I haven't been able to find it again but really enjoyed what I got to see -- cyberpunk sci-fi ftw.

I could go on all day about anime. But I'll stop myself. xD

@SirLionelNigelConrad: G Gundam is best Gundam. The highlight of my days was watching it every night before bed. Gundam UC wasn't half bad either.

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 01:35:12 )

I've got a few I've enjoyed that you might like too. c:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun)
    Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair)
    Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)
    Hataraku Saibō (Cells at Work)
    Bungo Stray Dogs
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic & Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 16:55:41 )
~~~~~:
My favorite of all time is Paranoia Agent. Any of Satoshi Kon’s films I would also recommend if you’re into the darker/weirder/surreal stuff (Perfect Blue, Milennium Actress, Paprika, etc.)

Another short series I really liked that’s maybe a bit lesser-known was Now and Then, Here and There.
:~~~~~

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/7 21:05:31 )
@Bento:

I highly recommend: Paranoia Agent, Fooly Cooly, Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo, Perfect Blue, Big O, Coyboy bepop

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.