Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 07:38:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over to where he'd heard the sound, and saw Gemini.

He raised an eyebrow, before making his way to the closed doors.

"Gemini?" he addressed her.

"I... we're under quarantine right now." he said.

"What's going-" he started to ask further, before he noticed she seemed to have something with her.

".....for Lady Remmington?" he then asked, gesturing to whatever it was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 07:43:22 )

Gemini nodded before uncovering the large ball shaped object she was carrying. As the cloth that was covering it was moved, he felt the air ripped from his lungs until she covered it a mere second later. An eternity of panic for him, though.

"She requested this was brought." She told him.

"I need to bring it to the location of the ship." She added. That had been where Hollie had told her to bring it, and was taking the other two down to right then.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 08:05:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake had almost collapsed from what happened, but managed to right himself.

"....right..." he muttered.

He then unlocked the door, and quickly ushered her in before shutting it and locking it again.

"....so..." he mumbled.

"Welcome back." he said.

"Wish it could be under better circumstances, though." he then sighed, making his way back to the desk.

"Go in." he told her, darting his tongue out a few times, and then pressing the button.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 08:19:21 )

"Sorry about that." Gemini said with a light sigh.

"I ... didn't actually think it would work through the door to be honest." She added.

"Anyhow, thank you." With that, she headed off, making her way to where it was that she'd been directed to go. When she arrived, she saw three people in there: Hollie, Syraene, and Ty. The first looking to be barely able to stand for the moment.

"Oh, hey Ty." She said with a nod as she approached the other two.

"All right, " Hollie started as she set the two she had down on the floor where there was enough space. She set them down in a specific manner before sighing.

"Ty, you will likely be fine with this, since you're... well... you can't die." She said, as she straightened up and looking to Gemini.

"You..." She trailed off, not entirely sure.

"I barely need to breathe, I will be fine." Gemini answered with a nod. Hollie nodded, but sighed lightly. She didn't want to do this.

". . . The med team has been alerted?" She asked Ty, who nodded. She'd had him do that before coming, telling them that this would be happening within probably about three minutes of his leaving.

"They already have everyone there in a state that they will survive up to an hour without any oxygen or atmosphere." he answered. Hollie nodded before looking to Gemini. She paused a moment, before saying what she needed to.

"See that empty space in the staff?" She asked, motioning to the relics on the floor. Gemini nodded.

"Set it in there, without the cloth. Once you do, we will have a total of about a second before it triggers... and then I don't know if we'll all survive."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 08:26:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson was silent this entire time, but managed to convey answers when he was asked for them. Truth be told, he was pretty scared at the moment.

He'd survived a lot in his life... and come back from even more that he DIDN'T survive... but this was something new. Something he'd never experienced before.

And it unnerved him, and scared him.

"Well..." he said, as Gemini approached the staff.

"In case the worst happens... it's been an honour to serve with all of you, and to know you." he told them.

After another moment, everyone confirmed that they were ready, and he watched as Gemini 'completed' the staff... before he clenched his hands into fists and braced himself.

Which was when everything seemed to go dark, and he collapsed, feeling his consciousness slip from him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 08:43:06 )

The next thing that Ty knew, he was waking up in a bed. When he looked around, he saw that he was in the med wing. Someone had carried him there, and he would assume Hollie as well.

All he could rightly remember from the last bit, was meeting Hollie and Gemini, and then a lot of suffering. He couldn't breathe, and couldn't understand why at the time (as his brain was panicked). Now that, he seemed to be all right, and was certainly breathing on his own.

He'd survived that... however long it had been. Although, he was a bit surprised that a petite lady like Gemini had been able to haul his ass to the med wing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 20:59:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....huh?" he muttered, as his consciousness started to return to him.

'....what...? What happened?' he wondered, trying to remember anything beyond what little was still in his head. That turned out to be a mistake, as actively trying to remember stuff caused him a massive headache.

"Ngh." he groaned, raising a hand to the side of his head.

He then raised himself up on his elbows, letting the fog clear from his mind.

"...all right, what's going on." he muttered, looking around to get a better sense of his surroundings.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 23:34:26 )

As he looked around, he found that the wing looked about as he expected. Although there was on major change.

He could have sworn he had seen Angela help tend to people across the way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 03:08:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....what...?" he mumbled quietly.

"Angela...?" he asked, as he tried to sit up further... which resulting in him losing his balance, and collapsing back onto his back.

"Agh!" he exclaimed lightly, holding back a yell. He WAS still in the Medical Wing, after all.

He then sighed and gathered himself, closing his eyes and concentrating on his body, and reorienting himself. He was still reeling slightly from what happened earlier, and needed to regain his composure.

He let out a small breath, before opening his eyes again and managing to sit up.

"...guess it worked...?" he said quietly, seeing pretty much the entirety of the Unit being treated for one thing or another.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 03:12:39 )

As he sat up and could get a better look around the place, he was able to see several people around him, with Angela and others bustling to tend to them all.

After about a minute, the blonde woman noticed him and made her way over with a soft smile.

"Hey there." She greeted.

"a how're you feeling?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 03:42:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh, hey." Tyson replied.

"And... weird." he said.

"I have a doozy of a headache, and my chest hurts." he told her.

"But... beyond that, I'm fine." he said further.

"I'm... I'm guessing it worked?" he then asked, looking around.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 03:46:06 )

Angela nodded.

"It did. This place is out of quarantine." She told him.

"And how you're feeling really is to be expected, as there was literally no air or anything in this place for just over an hour." She explained.

"Admittedly, you're the first to wake."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 04:03:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....well, given what I am and what I can do... it might not be surprising." he said.

He then sighed, and looked at her.

"How is everyone?" he asked.

"How long has it been?" he asked further, before pausing.

"And... did anyone... not make it?" he then inquired, hesitantly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 04:13:12 )

"There... Are a couple that didn't, yeah." Angela answered honestly.

"Also, I was informed that as per Lady Remmington's orders, you are the interim boss here until Hal wakes." She didn't say what was going thorguh her head....she wanted to add 'if he wakes', but knew that she didn't need to say it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 04:31:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I see." Tyson responded.

"Very well." he then said, turning and sitting so that his legs were off the bed.

"...then I should go." he told her.

"I need to get to the office and make sure this is properly documented and such." he reasoned.

"If I am the interim boss, I need to see to it work gets done, and gets done right."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 04:33:32 )

"It doesn't have to be immediate, but semi soon, at least." Angela commented before sighing lightly.

"Sorry about that. I have records for everyone here to compile and condense for the files." She added. If there's one thing she was good for, it was record-keeping.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 04:51:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson nodded again.

"Good." he replied.

"That makes things a lot easier." he commented with a small sigh, and a smaller smile.

"You're awesome, Angela." he told her.

"Seriously, that will help out a LOAD." he continued.

"But I really should get an immediate start on this." he lamented, shaking his head.

"Soon we'll be deluged with questions and demands for an explanation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 05:05:27 )

"I do my best." Angela said with a light laugh.

"Beyond that, we just need to do what we can, and I will do all I can to help with this." She said.

"Anyway, hang out for five minutes, make sure you feel better before leaving. If it's not me, someone will stop by at that point to check."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 05:19:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Tyson replied.

"5 minutes." he said.

He then bit his bottom lip, and thought about something.

"....." he looked ready to ask Angela something, but stopped.

He wanted to know how Hal was doing, but something told him he wouldn't like the answer for whatever reason. So he then sighed, and shook his head again.

"How IS Lady Remmington doing?" he asked her.

"She was starting to REALLY not look good before this went down."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 05:27:29 )

Angela just sighed as he asked what he did.

"Well..." She started, biting her lip slightly.

"Neither her nor Hal have woken." She told him honestly.

"By the time I arrived... I'm actually amazed either had a heartbeat, to be perfectly candid."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.