Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 03:37:44 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The night sky was clear, allowing all that were beneath it to see the gorgeous panorama of stars spread out across the cosmos. The moon was full, so it was clearly visible, making the thousands upon thousands of stars even more gorgeous because of it.

Beneath the blanket of the night sky, two individuals were making their way through a large clearing in the middle of some forested land, seemingly tracking something.

One looked to be a young male in his early 30's, with black and red hair, while the other was female that looked about the same age, with pale skin.

Their names were Ash and Sydney, but they were also known as AJ and Vyn, which was their current monikers, considering they were on a hunt for the guild they belonged to, Candentus Lux.

Their current quarry was a nocturnal feline-like bear creature that had been spotted. It was known for having a short temper, and it was spooked easily, which meant it could be a real threat to the local wildlife, as well as the people that lived nearby.

At the moment, Vyn was whispered to AJ, saying she smelled fresh blood nearby, meaning it was possible that the creature was nearby, and had made a kill.

However, the one she was talking to was no longer near her, and when she stopped to take a look around, she saw that the man in question had outright stopped where he was...

...and he appeared to be looking directly skyward at something.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 04:03:35 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Vyn paused before making her way back to where he was.

"Yo." She said as she approached her partner for this.

"I'm guessing you stopped listening to me." She added. "What caught your attention?" She asked as she looked up. The canopy of trees above them made it that she couldn't see much but some stars herself, though.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 04:20:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uhhhh..." AJ muttered.

"When we were back in the clearing, I saw a shooting star." he told her.

"Thought it looked neat, so I've been following it." he went on.

"...but something seems odd." he then said further, before pointing to where he was looking.

"Now, I'm not smart like my brother, nor am I an astronomer or anything, but shouldn't a shooting star... like... disappear?" he asked her.

"And NOT look like it's getting bigger... rapidly?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 04:27:41 )

Vyn was silent as he said what he did.

"Ok, that's fair." She commented.

"But... getting bigger? Yeah, they shouldn't really." She added before motioning for him to move from where he was so she could try and get a better look. Once he had moved, she took his place and looked up, trying to find what he'd seen. And learning that she hadn't needed to look hard, either.

She watched it for a couple of seconds, if that, before just grabbing AJ's wrist and vanishing into a portal with him. They dropped out of a rock wall, landing in a bit of a heap on a rocky floor.

"AJ, look." She said, getting his attention and drawing his eye to the scene ahead of them. They could see the 'star' better, and yes. It definitely WAS getting larger.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 04:43:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Woah!" AJ exclaimed, as he got his bearings, and caught his breath.

"Right." he then said, looking at where Vyn was gesturing.

The 'star' was still getting bigger and bigger... and it looked like it wasn't slowing down. Thankfully, Vyn wad taken them somewhere high up, where the thing wouldn't be landing, and where they had a panoramic view of their surroundings.

"That... that's picking up serious speed..." he muttered.

"And.. and it looks like IT'S GOING TO-" he then started to yell, before whatever it was slammed down into the middle of a forest, causing the area to shake and quake for a few moments.

"...crash." he finished, this time more calmly.

"I think we should check that out." he suggested.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 04:45:20 )

Vyn was silent for a moment as she took in the scene ahead of them.

". . . yeah." She agreed with a nod.

"We really should." She said before looking around, this time more at where they were.

"Eh." She shrugged before throwing an orb of mana on the ground about a foot to the left of them.

"Step through when you're good to go. I'll follow after."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:08:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

AJ nodded and jumped into the hole.

Weirdly enough, he then emerged from a hole in the ground, and looked around.

It was quite the sight that greeted him.

There was a HUGE impact crater before him, with something in the centre of it, down below, but the forest that had immediately surrounded the point of impact had been completely decimated... and there was some serious flames on a lot of the trees.

"...hoo boy." he mumbled.

"This... could be problematic..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:14:52 )

Vyn followed a matter of a few seconds later. Once one the other side, and the portal was closed, she stepped up tot he edge before looking around. She had no idea what it was that she was to expect coming through, but what she saw was not what she had expeccted.

"Wait... what?" She asked as she looked around.

"This place has been decimated..." She muttered.

"And ... is it just me, or is there metal down there?" It was hard to tell due to the flames and the mess, but she could swear that she saw a glint of metal deep in the crator.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:32:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh... yeah, seems so." AJ muttered.

"Gimme a second." he then said.

He then started to use his black flames to smother the red flames that were threatening to engulf the forest, before he recalled the black flames he created.

"Anyway, yeah. Yeah, it does." he agreed.

"I think we need to investigate even further."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:35:56 )

Vyn watched him clear the flames.

"Thanks fo rthat." She said, her voice obviously appreciative.

"Well, let's go then." She said with a light sigh. It wasn't hard to believe that she wasn't too keen on this, but aso knew that she really did need to do it. She stepped off the edge and slid down the crater, as it was rather steep with AJ following a matter of about a second and a half behind her.

By the time they reached the bottom where the object was, both of them felt ... odd... to put it very lightly. Vyn just looked behind her, toward where they came from, before looking to her hands.

". . . am I the only one who doesn't feel right?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:56:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." AJ was silent as she said that, before looking himself over.

"Uh..." he muttered.

"No... no, you're not..." he said.

"I feel... weird." he told her. "Like... I still feel like ME, but... hm... how do I put this...?" he then mumbled further, trying to figure out how to say it.

"It's my mana." he then said.

"I feel like it's... being forced to stay inside me?" he said, still tripping over how best to describe the odd feeling he was... well... feeling.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 05:58:21 )

"Under a lock and key that was suddenly put there." Vyn commented. "And the key is out of reach." She then turned back to the steep incline and started to make her way up again. About a quarter of the way up, she paused.

". . . Yo." She called down.

"There's a barrier." before sighing and letting herself return to where he was.

"Seriously. Go up to about where I was, and you'll literally feel the change." She said once she'd returned to where he was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 06:27:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

AJ nodded, before doing as she said, and then going back down.

"Odd." he muttered.

"I didn't think such technology existed." he said.

"Regardless, maybe we shouldn't stay inside this 'bubble' for long." he then muttered. "We don't know if there's any long-term effects to prolonged exposure." he reasoned, showing her that his brother's tendency for larger words was starting to rub off on him unconsciously.

"We need to call this in, though." he then said further.

"Get some people out here that can deal with this, AND clean this area up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 06:28:49 )

"Yeah, I know." Vyn agreed.

"Get your ass outta here. Go call someone - Hollie for instance. I'm going to see if I can find anything that is actually a threat, a more ... immediate threat that is." She then said with a sigh.

"I'm harder to kill than you are, after all." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 06:43:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" AJ was silent as Vyn said what she did.

"REALLY hate splitting up when we're in an unknown situation." he told her.

"But fine." he said.

He then proceeded to climb back up the crater, until he was out of the 'bubble'.

Once he was there, he took out his phone and dialled Hollie's number.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 06:46:21 )

AJ wasn't waiting for long before the phone was answered.

"Hey Ash." Hollie greeted, having obviously checked the call display.

". . . rare you call me. What's up?" She asked, her voice curious, and slightly concerned. Usually when Ash called her, it something alarming.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 07:04:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...more like what WAS up." Ash responded.

Then, before Hollie could ask, he told her everything that had happened. What they saw, what had occurred, and what they were faced with now.

"I'm going to call Cass next to inform her of this." he continued.

"But we need help here." he told her.

"Specifically, the kind of help that doesn't rely on mana." he clarified.

"And the sooner, the better. For all we know, people are trapped inside the craft that crashed."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 07:08:21 )

Hollie was silent as she was told all she was.

"All right. I'll get someone there as soon as I can." She stated.

"Within fifteen minutes. You and Sydney need to stay safe." She then said before sighing lightly.

"And yes, I know that you said she went into the crash site, just... keep an eye on her as best you can, all right? Don't put yourself at risk. Chances are it's a barrier that will literally drain the mana if someone is in there too long." She continued, not entirely sure that was the case, but also going off of what she knew.

"I'll text you once I have some information about who is coming your way." was the last thing she said before they ended the call. Once that was done, she just dialed another number. When that net no answer, she sighed and called his home phone, knowing that considering it was somewhere around four in the morning for him, he was likely in bed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 07:26:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed when the call was ended, before dialling Cass's number.

"Hey!" he called to Sydney.

"Careful down there! If that thing's draining mana, it WILL kill you, undead or not!" he warned her.

Meanwhile, Hollie's call to the home phone had proven more successful. Even though the phone had rung for about 20 seconds, it was finally answered.

"Ngh... mph." a tired voice groaned and grunted on the other end.

"Hal Sharp." the voice then said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 07:28:47 )

"Sorry to wake you, Babe, but I need a couple of your agents." Hollie stated after he greeted her, even if he didn't know who it was specifically.

"More specifically... I need at least two who have the least reliance on Mana." She added.

"There's a bit of a situation and it's currently unknown as to the cause, or the danger. All that IS known, is that there is a barrier that at the very least makes mana inactive."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.