Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:18:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" there was silence on the other end of the phone, before she heard a sigh.

"I'll make my way there." he said.

"It sounds serious, and that sort of thing is best done face-to-face." he reasoned.

With that, the call was ended, and about 3 minutes later, he arrived at the office.

"....yes?" he asked when he saw her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:31:53 )

Hollie met his gaze when he made his presence known. She was pale, notably so at that, especially considering how she was looking earlier in the day, when she'd first arrived.

"Have a seat, this might be a bit lengthier." She then said. After he'd taken a seat, she sighed.

"I'm having a couple of artefacts brought in." She started, " But, of course, I don't want to have anyone new come in here due to the risk factor. Do you know of anyone that could act as a runner, and not be the most susceptible to this?" She asked.

"Ty did mention one person, but I would like to see if you think the same person, or if there is anyone else you would recommend."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:49:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake couldn't help but be shocked at how Hollie looked. She really looked like things were getting to her, both mentally AND physically. He wanted to make a comment about it, but he knew this wasn't the time to do so. To that end, he swallowed his comment, put it aside, and sighed.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"Who could there be that isn't currently suffering in here...?" he wondered.

"Well... I know that we have a pretty fast agent here called Gemini." he told her.

"She isn't held back by a lot of human limitations, so she moves fast and doesn't get tired, really." he explained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:52:08 )

"That's the same that Ty mentioned." Hollie stated.

"But, we tried to call her earlier when we were checking over people and records and the like, and she didn't answer." She added.

"Also, if she's in here already, it really wouldn't work too well, I think."

"I'm mean someone that could ceom in and not be quite as susceptible, to have less chances of death for them."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 00:21:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....she didn't answer?" Jake asked.

"Odd..." he muttered.

"She's normally really good about answering it." he commenting, thinking about it.

".....hmmmm." he mumbled, now concentrating.

"Ohhh... oh, there's something I'm forgetting about that. Like, WHY she wouldn't be answering..." he went on.

"Damn it, it's recent, too." he remembered, sounding frustrated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 00:28:12 )

"Well, that's helpful." Hollie commented before sighing.

"Gemini's file is what Hal collapsed over, though, if that helps at all?" She asked, not entirely sure about whether or not it would.

"Does that help?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 04:30:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Jake was silent still, trying to remember it.

"OH!" he then exclaimed, snapping his fingers.

"She IS out of the Unit. Hal sent her out on a mission!" he remembered. "She left... oh, probably shortly before this infection got out of hand. An hour or so, I'd say.." he told her.

"I remember her leaving." he said further.

"....but that still might not explain why she's not answering her phone..." he then muttered.

"Did something... happen?" he wondered, sounding concerned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 04:45:24 )

"I... have absolutely no idea. Her being out though is good news." Hollie then said before sighing lightly and trying the woman again, only to get voicemail... again.

"I don't know how to tellk if something happened, either. And I don't know what she was sent out on, since I can't... well, Hal never really got a start on the file for her."

"Do you have any idea on what it was that she was sent out on? I can't... really as him myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:07:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Jake muttered.

"No. I don't." he said.

"I'm not usually privy to that sort of thing." he admitted.

"...but she DID say something on the way out, I think." he then said further.

"...reconnaissance or something?" he went on.

"I can't rightly recall..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:14:53 )

"Hmmm, all right. Duly noted." Hollie said with a nod before taking a bit of a slow breath. She was starting to really not feel well, and that was in part due to how she was doing all she could to keep the mana she had protecting the med wing strong.

"All right, can you think of anyone who may be a good back up, in case I cannot get ahold of Gemini for that?" She then asked, her voice curious, concerned, professional. She needed someone, and if she could find someone who would be far less likely to be affected by those in here, that would be optimal.

Worst case scenario, she'd request that Vincent sent Madison. Being dead, in theory, she'd be spared, right?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:34:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that is a good question." Jake muttered.

"I... I don't know." he admitted.

"I think we have a few people out of the Unit right now that might be able to help, but I need to think about it." he went on.

"We're all pretty heavily mana-based..." he muttered.

"Oh! If Aedan's out of the Unit, SHE might be able to do something!" he realised.

"...if she's not in here, already."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:45:09 )

"I have no idea if she is in here, but I'll keep that in mind." Hollie said with a nod.

"Thank you." She added, and he could hear the sincerity to her voice.

A few hours later, Jake was working the front desk (mostly because he had no idea what to do otherwise, when someone walked through the front door. It was something tha tprobably set him on edge, and was most certainly unexpected. She had something strapped across her back, had a cloak that seemed to hide everything about her - and was obviously enchanted - and a very ominous presence. As she approached him and the desk though, she flipped the hood down, revealing a dark elf with long silver and piercing metallic golden eyes that seemed to have some sand dancing within.

"I've been summoned." She stated simply.

"Syraene Encrae, I was requested to come by Hollie Remmington."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:55:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake almost fell out of his chair when he saw Syraene.

"Ah, I, ah..." he stammered.

"Right, you can just walk through stuff, can't you...?" he muttered.

"Or did I not lock those doors...?" he wondered further, before shaking his head.

"Anyway..." he mumbled, his tongue darting out a few times.

"Yeah... yeah, all right, you're who you say you are." he confirmed.

"Are you SURE you want to go in here, though? With what's happening?" he asked, as he pressed the button to let her into the building.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 05:59:19 )

"I'm dead. Of course I can just walk through things." Syraene stated with a light laugh.

"Seriously. I could have just walked through here, but I decided it'd be best to actually grant you the respect as being the security." She added with a soft, kind, smile.

"And thank you. I have been requested to bring a couple of items, so I am in for the ride." She added.

"I'm sure we will meet again." With that, and a small wave, Syraene walked off, into the depths of building.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 06:13:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake watched her leave, before nearly falling out of his chair again.

"...geez..." he muttered.

"So many bigshots in this building now." he said.

"Or people acting on behest of them, or in command of them." he continued.

"This may be the biggest thing that's ever happened in the history of this place." he reasoned, before sighing and shaking his head again.

Meanwhile, inside, Syraene continued to walk, and crossed paths with Ty.

"....Syraene?" he asked upon seeing her, having 'met' her in the past when she helped him through some vicious nightmares he'd been having.

"I didn't expect to see YOU here." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 06:17:06 )

Syraene paused as Ty said what he did. When she looked in his direction, she just smiled softly.

"Sleeping better?" She asked, curious.

"I admit, I've be unable to check in on you in awhile, due to other things that have come up." She added after a couple of seconds

"But yeah. Sleeping better? I hope so."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 06:40:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." he replied.

"Very much so." he said.

"...admittedly, those nightmares were driving me insane..." he went on, this time more quietly. "But yeah, my sleeping quality's been massively improved." he assured her.

"Anyway, why are you here right now?" he asked.

"Aren't you at risk because of what's happening?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 06:47:18 )

"I'm dead, the fuck am I at risk for?" Syraene asked with a laugh, not realising that spirits were at particular risk. Although her being who she was, and the position she held, that may be enough to override it for the moment.

"Regardless, I'm here because I am delivering something to Hollie." She then said, motioning to what was on her back.

".... How are things here?" She then asked after a moment.

"I ... realise that life is ... pretty shitty here right now, but.. I mean more specifically than just an overall like that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 07:15:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, being dead doesn't seem to matter." Tyson responded.

"Our resident banshee, Sierra, is in REALLY bad shape. Probably the worst of all of us." he said.

"But yeah, things are bad here." he sighed.

"A lot of people are on the verge of dying or disappearing, and whatever Lady Remmington has done to the Medical Wing, it's the only thing keeping people alive and/or stable." he went on.

"But if you have something for her, I won't delay you any longer." he then said.

"Time is more precious than ever right now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 07:17:21 )

Syraene was silent.

".... lovely. Didn't expect the dead to be at risk." She said before sighing.

"All right. Thanks for the heads up." She then said. "I'll see you later." With that, she headed off again, wondering when the last of the items would get there. She knew that she had two of them, and there was one other. The question would be when it would arrive.

And if Hollie really was ready to do this...

---

About thirty minutes later, Gemini was standing outside the unit. She had been contacted by Hollie, and was bringing an item for her, but was ordered, for lack of a better word, to alert the woman before she entered the building with it.

After a conversation, she stepped up to the barrier and door, before knocking on it. She knew that she would need to be let in, since she was told outright that Jake had locked the door.

♯Cover me with snow \ Freeze me to death \ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.