Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:53:19 )
Hello and what is up my fellow mortals? c: I found this lovely little site because of my friend @uwu and I'm very excited to meet everyone. I am quite terrible at introductions but that is a-okay because I can talk forever about anything. 8D Uh, what else? I'm not new to avatar communities, more so a vagabond from Gaia to Solia to Chiniba and Menewsha and have run the gamut along the way since I was about 14 (24 now). I am very enamored with the art style of this site, I could look at it for hours *u*

Things about me:
I'm a language junkie, I've been learning over the last few years Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Malay, French, Spanish, German, Russian and probably others that I am forgetting. I am no where near fluent in any of these languages but here's to hoping in the future :D
I watch a fair bit of anime (please recommend some to me!). I'm currently watching The Rising of the Shield Hero and Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure as well as rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion (the Netflix dub this time) for the 3rd time.
I like horror movies and creepypastas and watching people play scary video games because I am a scaredy cat.

That's about all I can think of right now :D I look forward to getting to know the residents of this pretty place.

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:55:54 )
@gossamer: Hook, line, and sinker >:Y

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:58:07 )
@uwu: hehehe eue<====That is literally how I imagine you looking right now.

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:58:58 )
@gossamer: Or maybe like the mii my DS wanted to force on me

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:11:51 )
@gossamer: Hello hello hello! :) We’re glad to have you join us!
I love learning languages as well. My major was Linguistics, and so far I’ve studied French, German, Japanese, and most recently Korean (though the only one I am near fluent in is Japanese because I’ve lived there for a few years). Kudos for you trying to learn Mandarin, my brain died when I was trying to listen and repeat the numbers. xD
I like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Jojo too! I was all about part 2 Joseph and part 1 Dio.
What horror games do you like?
@uwu: Omg, your avi is giving me Aang vibes. Very nice!

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:17:23 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I had such a hard time adjusting to Shinji's voice as well as the strangeness of Asuka's. I liked the original dub so much, but I am afraid my judgment may be clouded by nostalgia. Plus the 'suki' debate with Kaworu has me a bit hung up. But such is the rabbit hole of NGE.
I'm afraid I've only seen the first 5 minutes of Demon Slayer O: But it looks really good. I just have not had the free time to watch subbed anime in quite a while. Requires much more attention.

@Tsundererra: Oh wow, that is honestly so cool. Living abroad is one of my goals for the future but until I actually get my booty in gear, that will remain an unrealized dream. Mandarin was actually the easiest for me to learn in terms of vocabulary and grammar however, I learned the Korean alphabet really quickly only to end up essentially illiterate...
I am quite partial to The Crooked Man, Corpse Party and Angels of Death however I've never actually gotten to play them because I'm a wimp lol I tried playing Dead Space and ended up freaking myself out ;;

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:25:37 )
@Tsundererra: Lmfao. Goss said the same thing. She said I look like an aristocratic Aang.
I love your avi btw

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:53:28 )
@gossamer: You should definitely do it while you’re still young. But yeah, definitely make sure you have everything settled before you do it.
Yo, I experienced THE SAME THING with learning Korean. xD Like cool, I can read, but I’m not gonna understand any of the vocab unless it’s an English loan word. I’m also struggling with differentiating vowel sounds. ;A;
I think I played Corpse Party a loooong time ago. They have it translated now? Or did you play it in Japanese? And oof, I regret looking up Crooked Man before bed. Never heard of it, and now I’m scared to delve further... Dead Space freaked me out too. I had one of my friends play it for me because I kept getting rattled. You ever play Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, or Resident Evil? Those three were my go-to scary game series back in the day.
@uwu: LOL, my exact thought was that you’re looking like a “fancy” Aang, but aristocratic actually sounds better. And thank you~ I’m also impressed that you got the original name “uwu”. xD

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:54:50 )
@Tsundererra: Right! :v I also made a mule account on here which just happens to be named owo lmfao
I was really surprised I was able to snag both but I loveeee it

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:59:34 )
@uwu: Whoa! I guess that’s the perks of a newer online community. Your username is probably my favorite one on here. Just gives me vibes from r/creepyasterisks on Reddit.

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:00:13 )
@Tsundererra: I'm just anxious of actually going and leaving. I was gearing up to be an English teacher in China and then I got cold feet and it was probably for the best that I did not go. It is funny how life works out like that.
I cannot understand when people are talking to me in Korean for the absolute life of me unless I already know what they're talking about like holy heck. ;; I start panicking too cause I'm trying to figure out what's being said and by the time the other person arrives at the end of their sentence, I have already forgotten the beginning.
I like the Corpse Party anime (I use the word like loosely because 'haunted' is more accurate) than the game but I watched a playthrough of it first. I have only seen the anime and playthrough of Angels of Death because I couldn't find it to actually play lol I am too easily shaken by jump scares to play games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Like, even the mildest uncertainty makes me feel so anxious XD;
Trying to get more into horror anime though, it's a niche I'm slowly starting to love enough to not want to hide forever.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:03:26 )

Hey welcome to Voltra :)

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:04:12 )
@Tsundererra: dklf;jdslkfjd; I'm dead
Firstly, awww thanks that means a lot. I'm so glad I was able to get uwu and owo.
Secondly, that subreddit is making me laugh and I love that's what you think.
Thirdly, I like how my username kinda forces everybody to be smol cinnamon rolls uwu <3 whenever they talk to me.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:15:53 )
@gossamer: Hey! Welcome to Voltra, I hope you enjoy your stay. :3
...And with that, he was gone.

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:17:52 )
@Garrister: Hi! Thank you so much c: It has been very pleasant so far~

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:25:07 )
@gossamer: You might have dodged a bullet with teaching in China. One of my friends from Uni is working in the Disney English program, which sounds fun, but oooooof. The foreigner teachers aren’t treated as well as they should be. If you want to kinda practice, they have teaching jobs where you can teach Chinese students through video chat. And the kids are decent at English, which makes things easier.
Oh wow, I didn’t know there was an anime for Corpse Party, but I can see it working since the game is story heavy. I can only play horror games when I have other people with me, and I was probably the only one in the world to appreciate the 2 player system Resident Evil had in game 5 and 6. xD
The only horror anime I can think of is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. It’s good that you’re exploring a genre that isn’t shown a lot in mainstream anime.
@uwu: Hahaha, that subreddit is blessed and cursed all at once. People started doing readings of the top posts on there (like this) because it’s so entertainingly painful.
And omg, I thought you said swoll cinnamon rolls, so I was dying with that imagery for a minute. xD

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:37:16 )

Welcome to voltra! I also love horror movies x) ~

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:45:18 )
@gossamer: hello dear, and welcome to voltra :3 you look very cute.
I love the art here as well. This is my fav avatar site so far :P I think you’ll enjoy it. Hope you have fun with the event~~~
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:51:01 )
@Tsundererra: Lord. I was laughing the entire time watching that vid. Thank you so much for showing me that video and that subreddit. I'm probably going to read more throughout the night.
Lmfao gross. The imagery of a swollen cinnamon roll isn't very pleasant. D:
My Hangout
Call me, ping me, if you wanna reach me

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 06:59:34 )
『o why rebuke you him that loves you so...

@Tsundererra: Yeahhh. The school I was going to be teaching at has a clause in there contract that gave them the right to hold onto both your passport and your originals of your degree, to be "safeguarded" at the facility. That sounded extremely illegal and for how much the job paid, I would have made more money working full time at McDonalds in the States. D:
There have been a few renditions of Corpse Party in Anime and OVA form as well as different versions of mangas written. Its pretty cool to me but it becomes difficult to find out what is actually canon, ya know?
Ahhh I see, yeah if I was to actually play any of these games, I would need someone else to be playing with me or at the very list be in the room with me.
Higurashi, I watched part of in highschool. It may be due again for a revisit....

@Alexis: What is your favorite horror film? :D

@Laufeia: Thank you for the warm welcome c: Your avi is extremely cute too. *u* The gradient is giving my eyes such joy.

...lay breath so bitter on your bitter foe 』

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.