Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 16:53:04 )
Frankly I'm surprised I never saw anyone doing a thread like this before in their lives.

So let's go and fix that problem really good.

(Digressions are spoiler-tagged.)
'Before there was The Dot Hack universe or the World of Madoka Magica, before
there were the Camp Half-blood Chronicles by Rick Riordan, before there were things like Black Clover or Scion(by White Wolf) or (by just a few years(like 1-2 years)) even Angel Notes(which kickstarted the Nasu-verse as we'd know it that gave us Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero and other related series), we've had The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher himself.

For those of us who were there, it's been years since the latest volume, Skin Games(Volume 15) was released, but for those of us who aren't, let's just say it's been a few decades since the whole matter started.'

In present-day talks, A lot of things end up happening between the events of Grave Peril(Volume 04) and Changes(Volume 12), and a fair long story short:
Lots of ripped and torn blood and guts ensured.

Any Spoilers beyond the 1st 2-3+ volumes (Storm Front(Volume 01)-Grave Peril(Volume 03)) will warrant Spoiler-tagging for, if you know anything beyond those novels for present-day Dresden Files lore be it first-hand or second-hand, you'll understand why the spoiler-tagging is asked.

In any case, feel free to talk about the series in here by all means and let the conversations, well, converse!!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 22:08:22 )
I've been reading through the books, got three to read yet. Ive really been enjoying
the books.

Sounds like he finally finished peace talks just recently, so there's that to look forward to.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 03:29:00 )
Kay:
I've been reading through the books, got three to read yet. Ive really been enjoying
the books.

Sounds like he finally finished peace talks just recently, so there's that to look forward to.

I'm pleased to know you've been reading through the main novels in the series thus far.

Any commentaries you'd like to leave on the Factions that debuted in the first 3-5+ books that you'd rather get into on spoiler tags for the more minor spoilers?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 16:37:05 )
I'm here and ready for my re-education. lol.
So to continue from the pm, what is it? OuO

@LupaPrinceRomulus:

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 18:58:23 )
@acid: Epic Modern Urban Fantasy series involving one man stumbling on a plethora of conspiracies, Expect much Mystical consequences abound in this series.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 05:07:37 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus:
I'll try reading it for sure. I've just finished Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy and now I do have an opening for another book. ^^
( also sorry for the late reply. I was in the middle of the other novel and needed to finish it before I could commit to anything else. )

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 05:47:49 )
@kay: Welcome aboard, pleased to see you here.

@acid: This quest is gonna be a lot of fun, and pardon the late replies, let's just try to keep this thread going until a lot of fans show up.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/1 01:24:00 )

We're finally getting Peace Talks!!!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/1 19:55:55 )
@another movie addict: Pleased to see you've arrived, too.
How's it going?
Peace Talks will happen in 2020.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/1 20:23:28 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I'm so excited for Peace Talks, we've been waiting for it for so long. >w< Lol when I heard that he'd finished it, I literally screamed in joy. Scared the crap out of my friend, because I never get loud about anything.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 01:25:48 )
@another movie addict: You also knew that Dresden's birthday was October 31st, for a reason as well.
And also, no detailed spoilers but you also know that 'apparently speaking' the White Council has generally seen better days before The Dresden Files' modern-day events took place?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/31 09:02:32 )
@another movie addict: It's official: October 31st is Mr. Dresden's birthday, it's finally here at last.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 07:33:58 )

Omg, I’m desperate to read these!
I’ve wanted to for years and then I watched the tv show and I’m dying for the books even more!

I haven’t had the money for books lately.
It’s been on my amazon wishlist, I’m just waiting for someone to buy me the first book. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:12:25 )
@lina: There's always visiting local public libraries near you if you're in the U.S, always.
Unless you don't live in the U.S, in which case I just noted a moot point, most likely. :(

Seriously this series is awesome.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 07:22:10 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I can’t get a library card at any library near me without paying for an out of town library card, which are hundreds.
Where I live is unincorporated, which means we don’t belong to a specific town or pay town taxes.
But that also means we don’t qualify for a library.

I could visit and sit and read there, just not take it home

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 07:58:37 )
@lina: Ouch.
So your case is pretty much moot point central, then. :(

So much for that idea.

But yeah, looking forward to reading the series?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 18:23:41 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I think I’ll just have to keep checking the local used book store and someday I’ll get lucky!
It’s probably the book series I want to read most!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 05:08:53 )
@lina: I just hope things go well at your side, I miss visiting local public libraries on my side.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 07:28:53 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: we used to go to the library a lot when I was little.
They had free summer reading programs, and kids books you can read quickly so we didn’t need to take them home.
Now I just check the used book store a lot, but it’s a pretty good store.
I find good books there a lot! Just not this series yet.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 08:01:49 )
@lina: Well here's hoping things go well at your side when you get started on the series, no lies about it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.