Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Friending is hard.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 04:18:48 )
you can start by doing some hobbies. What are your favorite things to do and something then maybe you might find someone who can collaborating with you with the same interest.

To be honest, friendship is difficult too. But it does help to know that if they're there or not, we know that we need to enjoy every small chapter of our lives and basically enjoy the journey of being alive. Friends are there to set our feet on the ground. (irl or online)
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 04:30:05 )

@Francisco: Making Friends is really hard. Is there a hobby that you like? Like board games, or hiking, knitting, etc, etc. There might be a local meet up group for it. You could see if your city or region has a subreddit. At the very least your state should. You could try sites/apps like meetup?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 05:54:32 )
So I see a few folks, yourself included, that are worried they don't make friends because they are weird. My advice? BE WEIRD MORE! I had no friends for a long time because I was worried people wouldn't like me when they discovered who I really was. Then I started being me with no shame. I flaunt the weird stuff I'm into, I talk openly about my weird habits, I sing and dance weirdly whenever a song strikes me. If someone gives me a look like I just did something strange, I laugh and say "I never learned social cue's" and all is usually forgiven. Be the most you that you can be and own it. If people think you're "too weird" trust that they are the ones with a problem, and they did you the favor of weeding themselves out of your life. (It doesn't happen over night, take baby steps <3 )
If you're worried you're driving people away, tell them just that. "Hey pal, I think you're a person worth being friends with, but I worry I'm doing something to hinder that." Open honest communication is the best way to keep friends. Whenever I've tried this, I learned there was nothing I was doing wrong. Sometimes people get busy, or even anxious themselves, and its easy to just pick up where you left off.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.