Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Friending is hard.

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 21:55:39 )

I think one of the worst things I ever did to myself was not learn how to make friends. I'm paying for it now. Every time I try to keep someone around because I think they're neat I always just. Be weird somehow. Maybe they just get bored. Maybe I'm overwhelming them. I wish I knew what the hell I was doing because I don't think I can take the loneliness at this level much longer.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:03:28 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

I'm sorry you rhaving such a hard time hun.

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:08:07 )

@star2000shadow: Thank you. I think it kinda shows how bad it is when your comment made me cry lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:18:02 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

Francisco:

@star2000shadow: Thank you. I think it kinda shows how bad it is when your comment made me cry lol.

aww I'm sorry 'hugs'

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:20:38 )
I wish everyone would learn the proper way to socialize. Some people can be so hard to talk to... I guess keeping friends just depends on compatible personalities? I‘m pretty sure I have no friends but my sister is pretty much my best friend so I’m fine with that. XD Good luck making and keeping friends. Every relationship requires effort on both parts. ; w;
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:21:43 )

and if nothing else you always have us here, i know its not in real life but all my online friends are the people i talk tot he most.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:22:33 )

I feel this. I haven't made a friend in years. I'm lucky to have retained one or two from my younger days, but hell if I know how to make a new one. Sure would be nice. But no one ever sticks around. I always find myself wondering what makes me so off-putting, or maybe it's the fact that I have nothing in common with anyone. But you'd think surely there would be someone out there who was like-minded enough to actually hold more than a 5-second conversation? idk...
One thing I have noticed, especially online, is that more and more people seem to have some kind of social anxiety/shyness/lack of confidence etc. Seems like the more we rely on screens, the less comfortable we are with people. Go figure. But it may not just be you (or me) being off-putting; it may be that the other people we talk to feel the same lack of confidence in their own friendship-making abilities and it drives them to stay quiet. Somebody's gotta make a move, and hope for the best.

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:32:16 )

@star2000shadow: I have precisely two people I keep up with and they're both online. Forums have always been there too. They're a comfort but I feel like I've grown to be dependent on them for socializing. :')
@Uncledaddy: I felt that. Both the people I have now keep telling me that my weird is too weird for most people and by god they're right but I'd rather have my weird than boring people. And I honestly don't have too much trouble talking in person, but my area is so rural I'm lucky to see someone else even if I do go outside lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:34:33 )

Francisco:

@star2000shadow: I have precisely two people I keep up with and they're both online. Forums have always been there too. They're a comfort but I feel like I've grown to be dependent on them for socializing. :')
@Uncledaddy: I felt that. Both the people I have now keep telling me that my weird is too weird for most people and by god they're right but I'd rather have my weird than boring people. And I honestly don't have too much trouble talking in person, but my area is so rural I'm lucky to see someone else even if I do go outside lol.

ah, I'm sorta anti social so forums, IM's and chatrooms ten dto be my socalizing front haha.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:34:37 )

Yeah, much as I would love to make new friends, they're not gonna be much fun if they think I'm too weird... especially considering how much I reel it in when talking to someone for the first time lmao

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:46:42 )

@star2000shadow: I don't think it's the forums themselves that are the problem. Maybe they just keep me inside too much haha.
@Uncledaddy: And then when you stop reeling it in, they get skeeved out and bail. Story of my life lol. Maybe it's just a matter of seeing who sticks.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:49:24 )

@Francisco: That seems to be the case. My best friend is someone I was more or less forced to interact with every day because we shared a seat on the bus. We just so happened to have extremely similar tastes and personalities that complimented each other really well. What are the chances of that happening again?

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:52:44 )

@Uncledaddy: Yeah, the people I tend to keep are ones that stuck from day one. Those people ya just know are good. I wanna find more of those.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:03:11 )

You ever get a "friend crush"? Like you see someone you feel you'd have a good connection with, not romantically, but you wanna be their friend and just don't know how to make it happen? This probably takes us back to just making a move and consistently striking up conversation, and seeing if they reciprocate. If only it weren't super weird to just say "Hey, wanna be friends?" like you would if you actually wanted to date somebody.
Or friendship applications like for jobs.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:32:51 )
same here man. D: I've been trying for ages and ages and only just a couple months ago someone messaged me randomly and they're the coolest person ever.

I never thought that would happen...

just keep at it, and hopefully you'll find someone.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:36:32 )

@Uncledaddy: Oh, absolutely. It's the worst thing. Some day I'm just gonna bite the bullet and talk to people whenever I wanna talk to them. When that day is, I have no idea.
@Shark: Yeah, hopefully someone will randomly message me soon lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 01:52:40 )

Francisco:

@star2000shadow: I don't think it's the forums themselves that are the problem. Maybe they just keep me inside too much haha.
@Uncledaddy: And then when you stop reeling it in, they get skeeved out and bail. Story of my life lol. Maybe it's just a matter of seeing who sticks.

well do you like to read, you could probably make friends at your local library?

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:07:13 )

@star2000shadow: I was considering taking some kinda class, maybe they would have a bulletin board or something. Worth a shot.
A Lil Pixel Shop | Quest Thread

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:09:50 )

Francisco:

@star2000shadow: I was considering taking some kinda class, maybe they would have a bulletin board or something. Worth a shot.
true that could work 'nods'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:24:48 )
Ooh, yeah. I can understand that. I'm not the best at making and keeping friends, though I do have a few I hold dear. Taking a class or just doing something that will allow you to meet new people is always good. You never know if you might find a friend there!
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.